• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who gets Dez?

Who gets Dez?

• Total voters

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think this guy is still good? He's not worth what he'll want in a contract, he's a toxic player and he's not that good anymore.

I'd want to see him sign with a team I hate just so I can laugh when he sets the locker room on fire.

What do we know for sure?

Dez is a shell of his former self.
Dez is 29 years old.

What we don't know.

Why did his production fall so much?

Attitude, motivation, training/conditioning , team role, Injury/mileage/perishable skills, team chemistry,(especially QB)

All of the above are possible reasons for Dez's fall ..maybe a combination of all of them.
A lot of these just may get fixed going to a new team.

So you can buy the lumber, nails & hammer but I would not build the coffin just yet.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think this guy is still good? He's not worth what he'll want in a contract, he's a toxic player and he's not that good anymore.

I'd want to see him sign with a team I hate just so I can laugh when he sets the locker room on fire.

I go green bay then. Fuck those guys.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you know what the word "diva" means if you're using it to describe Josh Gordon.

Also, Corey Coleman should consider himself lucky if he's still a part of the team by week 1.

Well I stand by my point TT is not a pure pocket passer. His time in Buffalo should tell you that. Who was productive besides Clay and Watkins? I'm just not sure how Cleveland is going to pull this off.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't spread the ball around? What are you basing that on? I think you just pulled that from your ass. Here are the receiving stats the last few years.

View attachment 183985 View attachment 183986 View attachment 183987

Seems to me spreads the ball around just fine.

I see only one 1000 yard receiver, and everyone else under 700 yards. Buffalo was a run-first team. Taylor threw to Watkins and Clay more than anyone else. Many of those yards for those other receivers come from the games Watkins missed, which were several.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Taylor had no good receivers at Watkins level and almost lost his job.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I stand by my point TT is not a pure pocket passer. His time in Buffalo should tell you that. Who was productive besides Clay and Watkins? I'm just not sure how Cleveland is going to pull this off.
I don't know anyone who says he's a pure pocket passer. I've never said that, and I'm fine with that.

Who was productive besides Clay and Watkins? Well he had a couple of solid years with Robert Woods. However, look at his offensive schemes. Buffalo has been a run-first team for nearly 20 years now. It's been since the very early 2000s that they were even in the top half of the NFL in pass attempts. Also, he didn't have shit last year for real receiving weapons. Charles Clay is a mediocre TE at best, Kelvin Benjamin was never fully up to speed after getting traded during the season, and that's all he had to work with other than his starting RB.

Now, compare it to this year - he has a perfect underneath WR for his skillset in Jarvis Landry. He has one of the top receiving RBs in the NFL in Duke Johnson. He's got a very talented TE in David Njoku who is a RZ nightmare. If he's got his head on straight, he's also got Josh Gordon, who is a major talent at WR. He's got significantly better weapons than he's had really at any other time in his career.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Taylor had no good receivers at Watkins level and almost lost his job.
This was a laughable gaff by the coaching staff. There was no reason at all that they should've even attempted their idiotic experiment with Peterman. He was without question the worst QB to start a game last year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see only one 1000 yard receiver, and everyone else under 700 yards. Buffalo was a run-first team. Taylor threw to Watkins and Clay more than anyone else. Many of those yards for those other receivers come from the games Watkins missed, which were several.
Woods had 49 catches in 2015 and 51 in 2016. Yes was and probably will continue to be a run first offense, but that’s besides the point.