• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who gave Troy Blackburn the keys to the car?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For an executive in charge of a major piece of the organization, he doesn't sound that well spoken. He kinda sounds like me when I go off on a rant on a sports forum. Just random thoughts chunked together. I expected more.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who put this retard in front of a mic? Everytime a member of the Brown family speaks its an embarrassment to Cincinnati and the league as a whole.

Also his rationale was essentially this: we acknowledge we have a problem, but it’s too expensive to fix.

Gotta love the Bengals FO. Torpedoing seasons before they begin since Paul Brown went in the ground.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart was not great, but talent is getting more expensive. I am willing to live with Hart's contract to get started into this 3 year deal until we can either:

1) Find a suitable replacement to take over.
2) Our new coaching staff turns around a young mans career trajectory.

Hart may not be worth 7 million a year, but it was 3 years and not much guaranteed, so it is easy enough to cut bait with if needed.

Troy could have said something like this:

We are taking a chance on Bobby, and hope that his level of pay will motivate him to improve on his previous year. We have faith in our new coaching staff, and believe that a young man like Bobby has a lot of football in front of him, if he can get things moving in the right direction. We believe he can based on the remarks of our coaching staff regarding the skills they felt Bobby had to work with. Time will tell, but for the meantime, we have confidence in our coaching staff and Bobby to anchor the right side of that line.

Redmond played beside Hart, so how much did Hart give up next to Redmond when he was trying to make up for his mistakes on blocking? I have no idea. Just a random thought from my end.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just say what every other seasoned NFL exec/coach says..... "We are working to create competition across the roster. We value Bobby's talent and expect him to get better. We paid him according to his value and we expect him to compete." Done and done.

Is it really that hard?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just say, "offensive line talent is in high demand. We see him as someone with experience who can mentor our younger offensive lineman going into the future. Sure, everyone would love it if all pro players would come here and work for less money, but the reality is you need someone like him on your team."

not that I agree with that. if your going to have shitty players, shitty players shouldn't cost that much.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky+Derby+144+Red+Carpet+6Tv9XimoduAl.jpg