• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WHO CAN AFFORD AUTO SHOP REPAIRS?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've heard about pre-paid auto service insurance, but what about shop services for the working poor/poor?

have a shop w/ lifts, tools, diagnostic machines and the like which could be rented for time w/ in-house tech support for small repairs. a small beer/wine bar w/ food could be a part of the equation as well. computers for part ordering and local deliveries would help.

i would support that, not sure how liability insurance for the new biz would work…but the same was said about skateboard parks and those things are every around where i live now.

is there any support for such a small business as said above?

feedback from SportsHoopla's is needed, what say you?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only small business you need to worry about, is cutting lawns in your trailer park

sub-buzz-13713-1552581783-1.jpg

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a bunch of friends who like to turn a wrench?
I have a bunch of friends and we hang out in one guys garage bay. He rented it to work on a Camaro that he will never finish. $2 beers and we help each other fix our cars and motorcycles. Lift fee is $25 and more opinions how to do a job then you ever wanted. A key holder pays $25 a month to hang out and mostly drink. $50 to store your bike for the winter and garage time. Tools are mostly there. I admit it's unusual but most of the guys have known each other for 20 years or more. Couple guys I went to high school with in the 70's still drop by from time to time.
It isn't for everybody buy if if you are liked by the group your in.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a bunch of friends who like to turn a wrench?
I have a bunch of friends and we hang out in one guys garage bay. He rented it to work on a Camaro that he will never finish. $2 beers and we help each other fix our cars and motorcycles. Lift fee is $25 and more opinions how to do a job then you ever wanted. A key holder pays $25 a month to hang out and mostly drink. $50 to store your bike for the winter and garage time. Tools are mostly there. I admit it's unusual but most of the guys have known each other for 20 years or more. Couple guys I went to high school with in the 70's still drop by from time to time.
It isn't for everybody buy if if you are liked by the group your in.

That's awesome.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a mechanic where I bought my cars. He is actually a Master Mechanic certified by Benz.

Might cost a bit more but I trust him completely.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the thing, right here.
You are going to pay, if you want it done right the first time.

I don't even think twice about it.

I also found every time I jacked up one of my old Fords (SHO and Supercoupe) I'd get halfway through the project and realized I was missing something critical and I'd be off to NAPA or Lordco. Jobs took forever. So I'm not about to start doing that with my Germans.

The local mechanics here might take a shot at some things but I still prefer to let my man Phil do it.

I want my cars to drive, not to sit in a shop somewhere no matter how cheap it is.

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a guy I use when I don't feel like doing it.

With a fucking fleet of 4 cars now, I can't be bothered fixing my own shit unless the cost/benefit tips in my favor.