• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who’s in The World Series

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have turned 3 castoffs into gold. JT, Taylor and Muncy.

Jansen, Smith, Belly, Kershaw, Buehler, Urias, Seager, Lux all home grown.

Shit, guys like Scherzer, Better and Trae Turner were all acquired due to….wait for it. Homegrown assets.

Bauer isn’t playing. Polluck is literally the only guy that they splurged big on in FA that gets any sort of PT.

The Dodgers have the money to put their development to use for decades.

You acting like they hang out in free agency and buy up the top 4 players every year isn’t just wrong, it’s idiotic.

Next youre gonna claim they bought Pujols to try to prove a point.

Nailed it. Saying the Dodgers bought a team is just lazy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well u got to admit 265 mil is alot of money:suds:

Much of that was spent keeping their own players who came up through their farm system like Bellinger, Seager, Kershaw, etc., paying guys they rescued off other teams scrap heaps like Justin Turner, Max Muncy and Chris Taylor.

When you build a strong farm system, develop your own players and develop players other teams gave up on...it allows you to pay the best of those players so you can keep them and still leaves you the money and assets to sign FA's and make trades to fill any holes.

Seems like what all teams should be trying to do...no?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of that was spent keeping their own players who came up through their farm system like Bellinger, Seager, Kershaw, etc., paying guys they rescued off other teams scrap heaps like Justin Turner, Max Muncy and Chris Taylor.

When you build a strong farm system, develop your own players and develop players other teams gave up on...it allows you to pay the best of those players so you can keep them and still leaves you the money and assets to sign FA's and make trades to fill any holes.

i didnt say it was bad thing just alot of money
well heres the tally for home grown talent

hou-17
lad-16
atl-13
sf-12
bos-9

kinda funny a sf fan bitching but they have the 2nd least of teams left:suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt say it was bad thing just alot of money
well heres the tally for home grown talent

hou-17
lad-16
atl-13
sf-12
bos-9

kinda funny a sf fan bitching but they have the 2nd least of teams left:suds:
Don’t lump him in with us. We disowned him years ago.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they ''the best team money can buy''?
They have the highest payroll in baseball. they are typical of L.A. where they believe money can buy anything

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the highest payroll in baseball. they are typical of L.A. where they believe money can buy anything
Say the blanket statement 3 more times. I am sure that will convince everyone. Don’t bother with any supporting evidence. Supporting evidence is for schmucks anyway.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

As I said in post #24:

Having the highest payroll in baseball isn't "buying a team or title" when most of it is spent keeping your own players.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

As I said in post #24:

Having the highest payroll in baseball isn't "buying a team or title" when most of it is spent keeping your own players.
Hard to argue with their success

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with their success

Yeah, there actually was a time when the Dodgers tried to win by just outspending teams. That was when they were corporately owned. All it got them was a decimated farm system and early playoff exits.

The current ownership did increase the payroll bringing in some players to try to stay competitive while they re-built the farm system. The plan was to get it to where they are now and have most of the payroll going to guys they developed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there actually was a time when the Dodgers tried to win by just outspending teams. That was when they were corporately owned. All it got them was a decimated farm system and early playoff exits.

The current ownership did increase the payroll bringing in some players to try to stay competitive while they re-built the farm system. The plan was to get it to where they are now and have most of the payroll going to guys they developed.
If Kershaw and Bauer come back next year they are going to be a juggernaut. 5 Cy Young caliber starters in the rotation and a lights out bull pen. They could probably win the division if they filled out the rest of the roster with Oklahoma City players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kershaw and Bauer come back next year they are going to be a juggernaut. 5 Cy Young caliber starters in the rotation and a lights out bull pen. They could probably win the division if they filled out the rest of the roster with Oklahoma City players.

Yeah, it's nice to see the farm system built back up. It might be stronger now than it was back when they were actually known for their farm system.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kershaw and Bauer come back next year they are going to be a juggernaut. 5 Cy Young caliber starters in the rotation and a lights out bull pen.

Kershaw and Bauer will be interesting for different reasons.

Kershaw is getting long in the tooth and just can't pile up the innings like he used to. I saw a graphic, I think it was last year, that showed that through 5 innings, he's still one of the best pitchers in baseball. But he falls off a cliff after that. The Dodgers and maybe more importantly...Kershaw, need to understand that he just can't go 7-8 innings and pitch on less than 4 days rest anymore. He's also become injury prone and has been on IL a once or twice a season for the past few. I think this current one is his 3rd time this year.

I'm not sure what they do with Bauer. He's a Cy Young level pitcher and the "assault" pretty much turned out be him and that woman being into weird sex...so there really doesn't seem to be grounds to release him and void his contract.

But that whole thing was pretty ugly and I'm not sure the Dodgers want it associated with the franchise. On the other hand...with Kershaw out...it would be nice to have that extra arm right about now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw and Bauer will be interesting for different reasons.

Kershaw is getting long in the tooth and just can't pile up the innings like he used to. I saw a graphic, I think it was last year, that showed that through 5 innings, he's still one of the best pitchers in baseball. But he falls off a cliff after that. The Dodgers and maybe more importantly...Kershaw, need to understand that he just can't go 7-8 innings and pitch on less than 4 days rest anymore. He's also become injury prone and has been on IL a once or twice a season for the past few. I think this current one is his 3rd time this year.

I'm not sure what they do with Bauer. He's a Cy Young level pitcher and the "assault" pretty much turned out be him and that woman being into weird sex...so there really doesn't seem to be grounds to release him and void his contract.

But that whole thing was pretty ugly and I'm not sure the Dodgers want it associated with the franchise. On the other hand...with Kershaw out...it would be nice to have that extra arm right about now.
They won't get rid of Kershaw. Kershaw is the L.A. Dodgers and if he can go 5 or 6 they got the BP to cover him. Bauer is a creepy dude but weird sex shouldn't preclude him from playing baseball. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Dodgers cut him because he is really good and it hurts the Giants to have him in the division. I hope the Giants can come up with someone to compliment Webb because I think Gausman, Wood and DeSclafani, all who were on 1 year deals with the Giants and proved themselves, will get offers elsewhere. Maybe they can keep Bryant. He's not what he once was but he fills out and stabilizes the Giants lineup.