• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who’s in The World Series

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got the Rays and Giants in the Series with the Giants winning in 6

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with this.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the WS I am HOPING for, but I called for the Brewers to win this thing about half way through the season, and they really haven’t shown me that is a bad take. Losing Williams is big, though. But the Giants lost Belt and the doggies lost Muncy. Injuries happen.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the WS I am HOPING for, but I called for the Brewers to win this thing about half way through the season, and they really haven’t shown me that is a bad take. Losing Williams is big, though. But the Giants lost Belt and the doggies lost Muncy. Injuries happen.

:wank:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would have picked the Giants half way through the season. Everyone kept waiting for the other shoe to drop but it never did. Someone on TV said the Giants don't have any great players but all their players are good; there are no holes in the team. I would agree with that except for the role of closer, that is a chink in the armor that they've been able to patch their way through.
The Brewers are a similar team to the Giants in my opinion and who could help but admire the Rays.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have certainly dealt with their share of injuries this year. Muncy is a big loss and I don't think Kershaw will pitch either

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers-Rays still feels like the smart bet.
Tough to bet against the best team money can buy but the Giants have nothing to lose and are going to just be going for it. They were supposed to be the 3rd or 4th place team in the division this year, not the team with the best record in baseball. They are going to be lose and ready to play. I think they will win it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to bet against the best team money can buy but the Giants have nothing to lose and are going to just be going for it. They were supposed to be the 3rd or 4th place team in the division this year, not the team with the best record in baseball. They are going to be lose and ready to play. I think they will win it.
Welp, Rays win the World Series.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be my second choice. Only they and the Giants have built their teams instead of buying them.
The Dodgers have largely been homegrown. Sure a lot of those guys are highly paid now, but that's not really BS buy everyone's top player really. Sure there are trade deadline guys, but most every legit playoff team will have those guys.

The Giants have Kris Bryant for instance.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have largely been homegrown. Sure a lot of those guys are highly paid now, but that's not really BS buy everyone's top player really. Sure there are trade deadline guys, but most every legit playoff team will have those guys.

The Giants have Kris Bryant for instance.
I would say their top four players are Turner, Turner, Sherzer, Bauer and Betts. None are home grown

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly did the Giants “build” their team more than the Dodgers?
Their best players are homegrown or castoffs from other teams that the Giants were smart enough to get mileage out of. As I showed in the previous post, the Dodgers 4 best players are not homegrown.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say their top four players are Turner, Turner, Sherzer, Bauer and Betts. None are home grown
Bauer isn't playing

Scherzer is a rental.

Justin Turner wasn't a big commodity until he was a Dodger.

Betts yes they traded for. It remains an amusing own goal for the Red Sox who have a shit ton of money and demonstrated a willingness to spend previously.

Trea Turner may signal giving up MIF depth they currently have, that they developed.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their best players are homegrown or castoffs from other teams that the Giants were smart enough to get mileage out of. As I showed in the previous post, the Dodgers 4 best players are not homegrown.
You say this but want to blow smoke up the Dodgers' ass about Justin Turner, lmao. Don't act like Turner was good with the Mets.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dodgers have turned 3 castoffs into gold. JT, Taylor and Muncy.

Jansen, Smith, Belly, Kershaw, Buehler, Urias, Seager, Lux all home grown.

Shit, guys like Scherzer, Better and Trae Turner were all acquired due to….wait for it. Homegrown assets.

Bauer isn’t playing. Polluck is literally the only guy that they splurged big on in FA that gets any sort of PT.

The Dodgers have the money to put their development to use for decades.

You acting like they hang out in free agency and buy up the top 4 players every year isn’t just wrong, it’s idiotic.

Next youre gonna claim they bought Pujols to try to prove a point.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have turned 3 castoffs into gold. JT, Taylor and Muncy.

Jansen, Smith, Belly, Kershaw, Buehler, Urias, Seager, Lux all home grown.

Shit, guys like Scherzer, Better and Trae Turner were all acquired due to….wait for it. Homegrown assets.

Bauer isn’t playing. Polluck is literally the only guy that they splurged big on in FA that gets any sort of PT.

The Dodgers have the money to put their development to use for decades.

You acting like they hang out in free agency and buy up the top 4 players every year isn’t just wrong, it’s idiotic.

Next youre gonna claim they bought Pujols to try to prove a point.
Its exactly what they do.