• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox @ the team formerly known as the Indians

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nut cracking time with Lance Lynn on the mound. 12 Noon start time.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how we sweep these guys when we can't sweep the Rockies or A's...Sad story. More about numbers and averages now than ballplayers.

Oh well, at least I have one more series minimum to feel the pain of losing out of this team.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way. Do you really want this Sox team to limp into the playoffs to then have their taints blown out on national television? No.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way. Do you really want this Sox team to limp into the playoffs to then have their taints blown out on national television? No.

I do. I actually loved that we had back to back playoff appearances for the first time in franchise history the past two seasons. That we fell so hard rather than rise this season as would be typical of a young team showing promise is backbreakingly disappointing.

Why can't we be a perennial playoff team EVER? How confident do any of us feel that we get a playoff appearance next season at this point? Playoff appearances are so f*cking scarce for this franchise that I'll take anything at this point. Baseball is a weird sport that even a fringe team can get hot. I would rather have a shot than no shot.

Case in point:

I will never, in my life, forget 1994 and the Bears. We had just ended up beating the Vikings in the wildcard round and were going up against the 49ers. DEAD MEN WALKING...Zero chance to win that game. Steve Young/Jerry Rice and the Niners? We ded. (who went on to win the Super Bowl destroying San Diego while Michael Jackson sang Heal the World lol).

BUT we force a fumble on their opening drive and notch a FG to take a 3-0 lead and here's high school me going f*cking absolutely bonko with my buddies watching the game on, of all things, one of those old 3 light projector tv's that were like a status symbol in the 80's lol. Everyone in that room was like "OH YEAH WE GOT THIS F*CK ALL THE HATERS NINERS OVERRATED"...

...Aannnd...We got trounced by 30 points by the time all was said and done. But for those brief few moments I was in euphoria.

Great memory. I'll take more of those regardless of the final tally. I mean, I'll probably be muttering incoherently on my deathbed about Renteria's pitching changes in Game 5 vs Oakland. "Grandpa Jiddy...We love you and will miss you." "That goddamn son of b*tch put Rodon in...F*cking guy ain't pitched all season long...And then we get LaRussa....Just f*cking pull the plug you little sh*ts..."

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree completely. i've never liked a team that didn't deserve spoils it didn't earn. a stinking .500 team isn't worthy of playoffs and this team definitely stinks. for that matter, if by some miracle they managed to win it would just give the asshole in chief more excuses to not make moves to improve.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very weird for the Indians to just throw this gm away. I get they have a double header with the twins coming up but a win today would've made it extremely difficult to be caught and clinched the tiebreaker

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom of the 6th. moncada commits an obvious error (two in fact. one on the throw and one for even going for the ball the ss would have made an easy play on) and yet they gave the hitter a hit? this is a thing that bugs me about the game today. the game wants hits! more exciting they think. the batter is made to look better that he is and the fielder is made to look better than he is. yes i'm old and cranky about some things but geezus christ! just fucking forget about errors anymore. and limit where the fielders can play. and put the pitchers on timers so we can have more stolen bases. people love stolen bases! more and more often i want to tell baseball to shove it! they don't really want to make the game better, they want to make it sell more cause, after all, that's all that matters.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and more great ideas:

move all fences in 20 feet. more homers. more excitement!
eliminate shortstop! we don't need no stinking shortstops. 1 base, 1 fielder! more hits, more runs, more excitement!
18 player limit on each team. get rid of the pussies AND save on salaries!!
7 inning games. fans don't like those long games!

yeah ... this will sell a lot more tickets!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to send those last two idseer posts to Yoan Moncada with caption: “See what you did.”

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to send those last two idseer posts to Yoan Moncada with caption: “See what you did.”
Iddy??? I thought he swore us off.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, can't believe you actually said this.
I reflected on this.

First, I will say that while a hyperbolic comment, part of me was going for humor when I posted it (I thought my use of 'taints' would've given that away but perhaps not). The part of me that wasn't going for humor probably was frustrated with how average and utterly disappointing at times this season has been. Do know, however, that I literally know that making the playoffs is of course preferable to not making the playoffs.

Last edited: