• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox season may be a tale of two halves

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always tough to look at an entire baseball season and come up with any sort of rationalization as to how it will play out. But on paper, it does appear that the Sox have it a bit easier in the first half than they do in the second. Here's how it looks on ESPN's linear version, divided into the two halves:

2020 Chicago White Sox Schedule | ESPN
2020 Chicago White Sox Schedule | ESPN

For those who prefer viewing in a calendar version, here's one from South Side Sox:

2020 White Sox regular season schedule

It's by no means a cakewalk in the first half of the schedule, where we play half of our scheduled games against the Twins and Indians, not to mention a series each against the two WC teams from last year, the A's and Rays, as well as the Red Sox, who always give us trouble.

We play a like number of games against all these teams in the second half as well, but this time throw in six against the Yankees and three against the Astros for good measure. I don't care how much disarray the Stros may be in at the moment, that's still one hell of a team out there. Possibly the single most brutal period comes with a 13 game stretch in late August/early September, where we face the Red Sox, Astros, Rays, and Twins. Dayum.

Last edited:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those teams' front offices/managers are reading articles about our phenomenal 2019 offseason and submitting forfeiture papers to the MLB front office right now.

"Holy crap...They got Yasmani Grandal? Well we're screwed." Steinbrenner, 1/30/2020