• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox - Reds 3 game series 9/18 - 9/20

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to jump the gun on Jid and richi, but I was excited to see that Keuchel will be starting in the 2nd game against the Reds, at least if the ESPN Sox schedule is correct. Stiever tonite and Cease closes Sunday against Bauer (GULP!!)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Bauer, I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing the Sox go after him in the offseason. He's up there with DeGrom and Darvish for the Cy Young. Bauer's famous for only signing one year contracts, which would probably be right up Reinsdorf's alley. But even if he wanted 3-4 years, I'd like to see the Sox at least take a shot at him like they did for Wheeler.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Bauer, I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing the Sox go after him in the offseason. He's up there with DeGrom and Darvish for the Cy Young. Bauer's famous for only signing one year contracts, which would probably be right up Reinsdorf's alley. But even if he wanted 3-4 years, I'd like to see the Sox at least take a shot at him like they did for Wheeler.
That would be great. He's going to get paid by someone.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be great. He's going to get paid by someone.
Yeah, I figure the Yanks and the Red Sox will throw a friggin wad at him, and probably other teams will do likewise. We'd definitely have to pony up.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably for the best you started it...Mine would have been "White Sox vs. Richi's Catch 'o the Day 9/18-9/20"

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported the Keuchel's start in Cincy was to set up the rotation for the first playoff series.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa.....check out this latest development:

In an eye-opening promotion, the White Sox have selected the contract of left-hander Garrett Crochet, general manager Rick Hahn announced to reporters today (Twitter link via Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times). Chicago drafted the 21-year-old lefty out of Tennessee with the 11th overall pick of the 2020 draft. Righty Evan Marshall is going on the 10-day injured list with shoulder inflammation, which opens an active roster spot. Right-hander Ian Hamilton was designated for assignment to open a spot on the 40-man roster.

Big loss with Marshall going on the 10 day IL. Let's hope he'll be ready by playoff time. He's been one of the most consistent relievers in the Sox stable this year. Now all this means is Crochet has been promoted to the 40 man roster, not the active roster, altho that looks to be imminent. He'll likely be amping up his workouts and throwing sessions over in Schaumburg. Wonder if the Sox will make room for him and see what he's got in the next few days. But way more important is getting Marshall back by playoff time.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In an eye-opening promotion, the White Sox have selected the contract of left-hander Garrett Crochet, general manager Rick Hahn announced to reporters today (Twitter link via Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times). Chicago drafted the 21-year-old lefty out of Tennessee with the 11th overall pick of the 2020 draft. Righty Evan Marshall is going on the 10-day injured list with shoulder inflammation, which opens an active roster spot. Right-hander Ian Hamilton was designated for assignment to open a spot on the 40-man roster.

Big loss with Marshall going on the 10 day IL. Let's hope he'll be ready by playoff time. He's been one of the most consistent relievers in the Sox stable this year. Now all this means is Crochet has been promoted to the 40 man roster, not the active roster, altho that looks to be imminent. He'll likely be amping up his workouts and throwing sessions over in Schaumburg. Wonder if the Sox will make room for him and see what he's got in the next few days. But way more important is getting Marshall back by playoff time.
Marshall to IL? Damn!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait...The new kid we just drafted might play? WTH...LOL...I think our management is just so overwhelmed by our success that they're now at the point of dipping into any well they can...It's all gold Jerry! GOLD!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...The new kid we just drafted might play? WTH...LOL...I think our management is just so overwhelmed by our success that they're now at the point of dipping into any well they can...It's all gold Jerry! GOLD!!!
I'm happy for the kid and being we've already clinched a spot in the postseason, hell why not take a chance and see what he's got. Hopefully they will put him in the most harmless of situations, ie we're up or down by 5,6 runs in the late innings. However, my happiness for Crochet getting a late season shot does not match my concern over Marshall on IL.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonite's lineups (No TA):

White Sox Starting Lineup:
  1. Nick Madrigal (2B)
  2. Yasmani Grandal (C)
  3. Jose Abreu (1B)
  4. Eloy Jimenez (LF)
  5. Edwin Encarnacion (DH)
  6. Yoan Moncada (3B)
  7. Luis Robert (CF)
  8. Nomar Mazara (RF)
  9. Yolmer Sanchez (SS

Cincinnati Reds Starting Lineup:
  1. Shogo Akiyama (LF)
  2. Nick Castellanos (RF)
  3. Joey Votto (1B)
  4. Eugenio Suarez (3B)
  5. Mike Moustakas (2B)
  6. Jesse Winker (DH)
  7. Brian Goodwin (CF)
  8. Jose Garcia (SS)
  9. Tucker Barnhart (C)

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonite's lineups (No TA):

White Sox Starting Lineup:
  1. Nick Madrigal (2B)
  2. Yasmani Grandal (C)
  3. Jose Abreu (1B)
  4. Eloy Jimenez (LF)
  5. Edwin Encarnacion (DH)
  6. Yoan Moncada (3B)
  7. Luis Robert (CF)
  8. Nomar Mazara (RF)
  9. Yolmer Sanchez (SS

Cincinnati Reds Starting Lineup:
  1. Shogo Akiyama (LF)
  2. Nick Castellanos (RF)
  3. Joey Votto (1B)
  4. Eugenio Suarez (3B)
  5. Mike Moustakas (2B)
  6. Jesse Winker (DH)
  7. Brian Goodwin (CF)
  8. Jose Garcia (SS)
  9. Tucker Barnhart (C)
now what's wrong with anderson?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bauer has also given the White Sox a lot of praise on social media and on his YouTube channel where he breaks down pitching. He broke down Giolito's no hitter pitch-by-pitch.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bauer has also given the White Sox a lot of praise on social media and on his YouTube channel where he breaks down pitching. He broke down Giolito's no hitter pitch-by-pitch.
That’s pretty cool. I’ve always gotten a kick out of him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's pretty cool stuff - good find rich. I wonder if over the weekend, some of the Sox don't drop a number of not-so-subtle hints as to how cool Bauer would look in a Sox uni next year.