• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox at Yankees

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time 3 game series for the Good Guys against what many in the preseason predicted would be the AL's team to beat. The pitching matchups:

Fri - Rodon vs Montgomery
Sat - Cease vs Cole
Sun - Keuchel vs Taillon

Tonite is the only night game, the last two are daytime contests. I highlighted Sat's game for Capt Obvious reasons. Cole is deadly and the Yanks will be heavy favorites for that game - altho it should be pointed out the he got rocked a bit in his last start, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope. Let's git em boys!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Yankees - I hate Yankee Stadium - I hate their logo - I hate their pinstriped Unis - I hate their arrogance. I would love to have the Sox take this series.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks amigo. I did not create it and simply am regurgitating it after coming across it on Reddit. It is damn good.
It's beyond good, that is sheer classic - I don't care who thought it up, that is one for the ages!!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Yankees - I hate Yankee Stadium - I hate their logo - I hate their pinstriped Unis - I hate their arrogance. I would love to have the Sox take this series.
Ease up Francis!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ease up Francis!
Yankee fans are pretty good fans - I have nothing against them as a group.

But, Babe Ruth is now only the 3rd all time in home runs - and he only has one direction he can go on that list. I like Yogi.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, don't bother us White Sox fans, we're too busy apologizing for the Yerminator's HR off a 3-0 pitch when the game against the Twins was already well in hand.
I’m out of the game many years..

I’m old school too, but man!! You take a 47 mph pitch during an actual game and send it over the center field wall, cmon!! That’s impressive!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m old school too, but man!! You take a 47 mph pitch during an actual game and send it over the center field wall, cmon!! That’s impressive!
LOL - I agree with you - the thing most people missed in this HR situation was hitting a HR like that coming in at that speed is a wildly difficult thing to do for a MLB batter and most hitters would not have the timing.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is it? i've seen batter's at the plate throw up a ball and hit it 400'. 0 mph!
i think this point is completely wrong.

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee fans are pretty good fans - I have nothing against them as a group.

But, Babe Ruth is now only the 3rd all time in home runs - and he only has one direction he can go on that list. I like Yogi.
all time doesn't mean much to me in this regard. babe ruth was the greatest hr hitter of all time and it's not even close. as far as that list goes .... 1st place belongs to a cheater and 2nd place belongs to a guy who played 3000 more games with a longer yearly schedule. not to mention ruth used to out homer whole teams in his day.
aaron was great but as a hitter he was no babe ruth!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all time doesn't mean much to me in this regard. babe ruth was the greatest hr hitter of all time and it's not even close. as far as that list goes .... 1st place belongs to a cheater and 2nd place belongs to a guy who played 3000 more games with a longer yearly schedule. not to mention ruth used to out homer whole teams in his day.
aaron was great but as a hitter he was no babe ruth!
So - if we go to a game together I should know you don't know how to talk smack?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really that impressed that a gigantic fat man that plays baseball for a living can launch a slow ball that is meatballed to him over the wall...I don't really know why that is getting so much steam. Yermin Mercedes has an ass that basically says "If I put myself into this, something is going to get destroyed."

That said, Tony LaRussa not saying "Man that mother f*cker still hasn't landed" when asked about it makes me really sad. He had a golden opportunity to make himself a legend...and not only did he miss it...He went full retard and pissed off everybody that bleeds White Sox. It's more a shame than anything.

Only thing to do now is win the whole thing so nobody cares anymore.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it? i've seen batter's at the plate throw up a ball and hit it 400'. 0 mph!
i think this point is completely wrong.
You got me thinking, in all my years
And experience , I never saw a player try to self hit a ball for distance ...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smack is one thing, bs is something else. :P
That's a fine hair -since all smack downs are BS by definition, but a smack down well delivered could a retort on the highest level. No, you may remain hoisted on your own petard. ;)