• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox at Rangers

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe no one started a thread for this series. Offense woke up, solid start by Dylan, which helps make up for that wretched performance against the Red Sox - the game I attended back at Comiskey - and a strong mop up by the pen. Coupled with the Tribe's loss, the magic number is 5. Next two match ups:

Lynn vs Howard
Giolito vs Lyles

Let's sweep these guys.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe no one started a thread for this series. Offense woke up, solid start by Dylan, which helps make up for that wretched performance against the Red Sox - the game I attended back at Comiskey - and a strong mop up by the pen. Coupled with the Tribe's loss, the magic number is 5. Next two match ups:

Lynn vs Howard
Giolito vs Lyles

Let's sweep these guys.
8-0 Sox - so far no complaints by Iddy. ;)

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We kicked that azz.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-0 Sox - so far no complaints by Iddy. ;)
my complaint is more general than specific to this game. lsd says cease's performance makes up for his crap showing against boston. i say no it doesn't. that's why we've been playing .500 ball for over a month and a half. TWO good outings to one bad one is what i expect. not to mention this ranger team is one of the weakest teams in the game. even if we sweep (which we should) it won't make me feel much better about how we're playing.
my bar was set pretty high back around the middle of july and since then they look like the sox of 10 years ago. and most of this with their starting team in tact. hell, we played better when robert and eloy were gone!

i still believe this is a good team but i want to see some proof of that and i haven't seen that lately. they damn well better get hot pretty soon or they'll deflate their own confidence. swagger is worthless without substance.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lsd says cease's performance makes up for his crap showing against boston. i say no it doesn't.
I said it HELPS make up, not completely. We needed Dylan to put that gawd-awful performance behind him and he did. A second garbage outing could have put some self doubt his head. He still needs to perform more consistently, but at least he came thru last night.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucked we could no longer challenge that sh*t call…

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my complaint is more general than specific to this game. lsd says cease's performance makes up for his crap showing against boston. i say no it doesn't. that's why we've been playing .500 ball for over a month and a half. TWO good outings to one bad one is what i expect. not to mention this ranger team is one of the weakest teams in the game. even if we sweep (which we should) it won't make me feel much better about how we're playing.
nope. guess we can't even do that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhhh. so you going for '05 again. good luck. cause yeah ... history always repeats itself. :pound:

or if you're trying to tell me nothing is impossible .... ummmm yeah. i know that. :)
in this case I like your Iddy-ology.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhhh. so you going for '05 again. good luck. cause yeah ... history always repeats itself. :pound:

or if you're trying to tell me nothing is impossible .... ummmm yeah. i know that. :)
No, just simply pointing out that playing less-than-spectacular 2nd half ball doesn't necessarily spell postseason trouble for our boyz.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just simply pointing out that playing less-than-spectacular 2nd half ball doesn't necessarily spell postseason trouble for our boyz.
but it USUALLY does is my point. i'm not going to spend the time looking it up but i'd bet very few teams that played .500 ball the last half of the season went very far in the playoffs. in fact i'd bet few made it that far.

look, i know i'm the wet blanket here, but i am angry at the way this team is under-performing winning one going away and losing the next one 2 to 1.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with you one that. Would be nice to finish in fine form though. At this point, I’m of the mindset that just make it in and crazy things can happen.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with you one that. Would be nice to finish in fine form though. At this point, I’m of the mindset that just make it in and crazy things can happen.
Definitely. No argument whatsoever that we'd likely be in better shape heading into the playoffs with some winning momentum. That's a Capt Obvious wish. But I'm not gonna freak over a few losses here and there, especially when considering we have the division locked up and this is an opportune time to rest key players who may be hurting a bit - even at the expense of a win here or there. A healthy roster in October is paramount.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 500 play is not due to hitting or pitching problems - so much as problems on defense. In order to provide guys with rest TRL has mixed and matched players in the field and that has landed the White Sox near the bottom of the league in fielding this season. A stable lineup, to me, means much better defense and that translates into wins.