• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White man blues

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Albert Hunt, love his sound,

The guy was messing around with a man's wife in Houston, so after a gig one night, as he left the bar.....BOOM!!!!....shot down by a lealous husband.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More folk than blues but he did record some blues and did play with black harmonica great Sonny Terry.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Came across a CD about a week ago, it was dedicated to his first recordings, yep, that was the first one.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this by accident, too good to pass....

I love ya killer......cool!!!

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can ya say about Bob Wills?

I was at a yardsale once, this lady had four Bob Wills CD's she had found, so I gave here 20 for the 4, the lady who actually owned them only wanted a buck a piece. Kind of a weird deal huh? How can ya sell something ya don't own?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went crazy over Waits a few years ago, so I set out to own all his stuff and now I do. Key word.....unique!
He's actually a friend of mine...I've known him and his family for years.
I could tell some stories...some wild...and some mild.
But that's for another day and time perhaps.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How cool is this?

Hard to beat Mule Variations.
I asked him once where he got his ideas from or if he channels various souls and spirits from the past....he just chuckled loudly and said..."man, I seen some stuff in my day...a lot of stuff".....and "sometimes I can't stop thinking about them"..."That's why I do what I do."

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked him once where he got his ideas from or if he channels various souls and spirits from the past....he just chuckled loudly and said..."man, I seen some stuff in my day...a lot of stuff".....and sometimes I can't stop thinking about them"

So you live by him, some job? How do you know him?

There is a very cool interview of his in Blues Revue magazine, he is actually on the cover.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you live by him, some job? How do you know him?

There is a very cool interview of his in Blues Revue magazine, he is actually on the cover.

We originally met in 1977...while I was living in SoCal, backstage at one of his shows during the Small Change/Foreign Affairs tour. Then a few years later I ended up working for Bill Graham Presents, and had other friends who were studio musicians...so long story short, there were always rehearsals, parties, concerts...and eventually that circle usually included headliner performers and artists and their entourages.
Then after I moved up here to SF in the mid 80's, I found out from a mutual friend he was living up in Sonoma. We reconnected in the 90's when he was on the bill at one of Neil Young's Bridge School benefit concerts at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View. We've been in semi sporadic contact since...but he prefers to be more or less reclusive nowadays, which is totally understandable.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those where I own pretty much all theyH
We originally met in 1977...while I was living in SoCal, backstage at one of his shows during the Small Change/Foreign Affairs tour. Then a few years later I ended up working for Bill Graham Presents, and had other friends who were studio musicians...so long story short, there were always rehearsals, parties, concerts...and eventually that circle usually included headliner performers and artists and their entourages.
Then after I moved up here to SF in the mid 80's, I found out from a mutual friend he was living up in Sonoma. We reconnected in the 90's when he was on the bill at one of Neil Young's Bridge School benefit concerts at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View. We've been in semi sporadic contact since.

You are the only poster I have encountered in all my years of doing this that knows the music on my level, had a feeling you were into it more than most. I am freakish about music.

All that sounds great and wish I had been inside the biz, bummer! As you know he's been in a few movies, he ever talk about that?