• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White man blues

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those where I own pretty much all theyH

You are the only poster I have encountered in all my years of doing this that knows the music on my level, had a feeling you were into it more than most. I am freakish about music.

All that sounds great and wish I had been inside the biz, bummer! As you know he's been in a few movies, he ever talk about that?
Of course...we touched on the films a little bit....he mentioned that Cotton Club was one of his favorites..and that he really "enjoyed working with FF Coppola & Jim Jarmusch".
He also said he "always wanted to be in a western"..(as he had yet to be in one at that point) He's since been in 1 or 2.

In the mid 90's Elvin Bishop was having a small shindig at his huge farm up in Bolinas...Tom was there too, and they both performed some old classic blues & country style renditions together from each others albums.

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course...we talked about the films....he mentioned that Cotton Club was one of his favorites..and that he really "enjoyed working with FF Coppola & Jim Jarmusch".
He also said he "always wanted to be in a western"..(as he had yet to be in one at that point) He's since been in 1 or 2.

In the mid 90's Elvin Bishop was having a small shindig at his huge farm up in Bolinas...Tom was there too, and they both performed some old classic blues & country style renditions together from each others albums.

Rumble Fish, liked him in that.

He talks about some of that in his book. A must read by the way.

Now how cool would it be having Elvin Bishop and Tom Waits tearing into some old blues, bummer nobody recorded it.

I only know Tommy Johnston of Doobie bro fame, hots for same girl in high school.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now how cool would it be having Elvin Bishop and Tom Waits tearing into some old blues, bummer nobody recorded it.
I'm not 100% sure...but I'd be willing to bet someone has an unauthorized bootleg of portions of it.
I'd love to get ahold of that if it's out there.

Btw: Tom wasn't the only well known dude at that gathering.
There were others from various industries....music, film, art, tech, wine/food, politics....etc.

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not 100% sure...but I'd be willing to bet someone has an unauthorized bootleg of portions of it.
I'd love to get ahold of that if it's out there.

Btw: Tom wasn't the only well known dude at that gathering.
There were others from various industries....music, film, art, tech, wine/food, politics....etc.

That would be very cool finding a recording of that shindig.

So just what do you do, what part do you play?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be very cool finding a recording of that shindig.

So just what do you do, what part do you play?
I'm retired now....but I did a little of everything when I worked for BGP which was many years ago....and I'll just leave it at that, as I really don't want to post too many personal details in here.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm retired now....but I did a little of everything when I worked for BGP which was many years ago....and I'll just leave it at that, as I really don't want to post too many personal details in here.

Cool!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 10.....in no particular order whatsoever....(sorry, all you E. Clapton & J. Page fans)

John Mayall
Paul Butterfield
Charlie Musselwhite
Peter Green
Johnny Winter
Rory Gallagher
Mike Bloomfield
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Duane Allman
Robben Ford

Glad to see someone else that prefers Green and Gallagher (among others) to Clapton. Mayall is a tough inclusion, as he typically had someone like Clapton, Green, Taylor, Trout, and Mandel in tow (and that's just the guitarists). Similarly with Butterfield and Bloomfield.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else here familiar with Eddie 9V? Reminds me of St Paul & The Broken Bones a bit...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, no mention of Lester Butler.