• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which undefeated team is the biggest mirage?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to put Kyler in bubble-wrap between games. If he gets hurt again, the season will tank quickly IMO.
Yea. That's pretty much the same thing for any competitive team in the league. It is a QB-driven league.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1972 Miami Dolphins.

Just kidding. :lol:
But that season happened so long ago, that it might as well be considered a mirage at this point.
(btw: I was still in HS then)

The Pats came real close in 2007 but they lost the SB. ( finishing 18-1)
That said...I really don't see that Dolphins' 17-0 record getting broken anytime soon.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to change your opinion? Just curious.
They are better than I thought but they will collapse in important games. Heck, they played like crap against a 49er team without Kittle and Garoppolo

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are better than I thought but they will collapse in important games. Heck, they played like crap against a 49er team without Kittle and Garoppolo

What do you consider important games? In regular season Divisional games and vs playoff contenders are important games IMO.

Playoff contenders have already beat... @Titans, Vikings, @Rams and @Browns (3 on the road)
Divisional can add 49ers

Cannot do much better than that... watched several of their games already, they look like the real deal this year to me. Although small, Murray is looking like good QB for the franchise.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to admit, it's hard to believe in a team that has such a long history of losing, but I don't understand the comment about important games.

#4 scoring offense
#3 scoring defense
#6 strength of schedule

They did struggle against the 49ers and still covered. Heck, that was a 10 point game until the niners hit a garbage time field goal trying to make it a one score game. When a team struggles and still covers is the sign of a good team. They haven't done anything yet so I will temper my expectations.

The point of my post was a result of the Denver loss. I think it's obvious at this point they were the biggest mirage at 3-0.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you consider important games? In regular season Divisional games and vs playoff contenders are important games IMO.

Playoff contenders have already beat... @Titans, Vikings, @Rams and @Browns (3 on the road)
Divisional can add 49ers

Cannot do much better than that... watched several of their games already, they look like the real deal this year to me. Although small, Murray is looking like good QB for the franchise.
You watch, they will choke,

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to admit, it's hard to believe in a team that has such a long history of losing, but I don't understand the comment about important games.

#4 scoring offense
#3 scoring defense
#6 strength of schedule

They did struggle against the 49ers and still covered. Heck, that was a 10 point game until the niners hit a garbage time field goal trying to make it a one score game. When a team struggles and still covers is the sign of a good team. They haven't done anything yet so I will temper my expectations.

The point of my post was a result of the Denver loss. I think it's obvious at this point they were the biggest mirage at 3-0.
Their history, as well as the history of their QB, says they will gag in the clutch when it counts. I don't trust them.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like they all were except Arizona:suds:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cards and their fanbase so I really have no issue with them dominating. The midget (been joking about this for years, not gonna take it back now) has exceeded my expectations and proven me wrong.....

That said, the Cards still have him on a rookie contract, as long as the cap is in place money will certainly hamstring them in a couple years... it did the same thing to Seattle.... but if I was a Cards fan, I'd be enjoying the run at the moment.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. Got Jimmy and Kittle, Cards without Kyler, Dhop, AJ Green, on the road and they dominate, Still frauds?