• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which undefeated team is the biggest mirage?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
My Panthers are. They have had a very favorable schedule, but their O-line ain’t good. Their defense should keep them in games. It is top ten if not top five. Without McCaffrey and Jaycee Horne I do not see them beating Dallas next week.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Panthers are. They have had a very favorable schedule, but their O-line ain’t good. Their defense should keep them in games. It is top ten if not top five. Without McCaffrey and Jaycee Horne I do not see them beating Dallas next week.
Beat me to it, though I think CAR can compete with Dallas. CMC will be back in a few weeks. Not sure what's going to happen with Jaycee. Apparently he's considering surgery that would be it for the season, or let it heal and maybe back near the end. Supposedly we've been talking to Richard Sherman. But Horn was grading really well in coverage, sucks man.

But one thing's for sure - with Mccaffery out, we're going to find out how good Darnold is. He was real good thursday night.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it, though I think CAR can compete with Dallas. CMC will be back in a few weeks. Not sure what's going to happen with Jaycee. Apparently he's considering surgery that would be it for the season, or let it heal and maybe back near the end. Supposedly we've been talking to Richard Sherman. But he was grading really well in coverage, sucks man.
Sherman, although no longer a good player, was a big help to the 49ers. His leadership and his veteran know-how made up for the severe lack of speed he has suffered after all the leg injuries. I'd sign him and give him a shot.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it, though I think CAR can compete with Dallas. CMC will be back in a few weeks. Not sure what's going to happen with Jaycee. Apparently he's considering surgery that would be it for the season, or let it heal and maybe back near the end. Supposedly we've been talking to Richard Sherman. But Horn was grading really well in coverage, sucks man.

But one thing's for sure - with Mccaffery out, we're going to find out how good Darnold is. He was real good thursday night.
Darnold has been a very pleasant surprise. I’ve been impressed with his pocket poise. 22 is a hell of a safety valve when the protection breaks down, plus he picks up blitzes as well as any RB in the league. We will miss him for sure

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has played the bottom 3 teams in the entire
league so everybody will pile on them until they beat someone more substantial.
I think the only bonafide team in the bunch is the Rams but I also think the Cards are a playoff caiber team.
The Raiders are an unknown. Yeah, they've beaten 3 playoff teams from last season but they always tease us with this stuff and then fold lke a cheap suit when it matters. I don't trust Gruden or Carr to have any staying power but maybe they prove me wrong.
Carolina is in the same boat as Denver. Beat nobodys except a displaced Saints team that looked like their cleats got lost by the airline. But if Darnold doesn't give games away like he has going back to college and they can let CMC heal up properly, they might actually be in the mix for a WC spot. They have some talent on the defemsive side of the ball.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta go with the broncos.
their opponents are 0-9 as of now.
but Carolina is in line getting ready to say hold my beer.

next week the broncos can measure themselves against the ravens to get out of last place. If they dont. they wont be undefeated anymore anyways. So they wont be in the discussion.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them except the Rams

giphy.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am impressed with the Cards defense.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed with the Cardinals defense today. Admittedly they were playing against a QB who isn't NFL-ready yet but they reminded me of the Rams 2020 #1 defense in scheme and effectiveness. They gave up some rushing yards to a potent rushing attack but they never looked like they'd concede many points. However their offense was a bit of a mirage. Their top 2 WRs really bailed them out today.