• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Trade is best?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we are not even halfway through the season and none of the future picks have conveyed it is time to weigh in on trades not taken! Which trade was better. Goff and 2 future 1sts, or Micah Parsons and Bridgewater....I assume Parsons with the 8th pick.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff... a 2022 1st and 3rd-rounder plus a '23 1st-rounder. For me the jury is still out on the downgrade for Goff and draft picks.

What did the Lions get for the Roy Williams trade to the Cowboys? ...TE Brandon Pettigrew, WR Derrick Williams and RB Aaron Brown?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think I will able to call the Staff trade a failure until atleast mid season 2023.

Not sure I can root for a MLB in the top ten anymore than I can for another TE.

I’m glad we have Sewell moving forward. For now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think I will able to call the Staff trade a failure until atleast mid season 2023.

Not sure I can root for a MLB in the top ten anymore than I can for another TE.

I’m glad we have Sewell moving forward. For now.
I actually like the trade they made, I doubt either of the Rams pick becomes what Parsons will be, but if they connect on the 4 1sts they have in the next 2 years they could have a nice foundation.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the trade they made, I doubt either of the Rams pick becomes what Parsons will be, but if they connect on the 4 1sts they have in the next 2 years they could have a nice foundation.
I still think that lit will be better for us in the long run. Another QB is just around the corner. ALthough not in this draft. I would take a flyer on Zappe mid to late rounds though but that is it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah Parsons and Bridgewater....I assume Parsons with the 8th pick.

I still cannot comprehend the "lovefest" for Parsons.
Run defender - bad pursuit angles
Edge Rusher - check
Speed and Burst - check

still below average in coverage - but he has time to get better - I'm not banking on that
I don't miss missing out on drafting him at all or even the possibility over Sewell

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a flyer on Zappe mid to late rounds though but that is it.

For all the Zappe enthusiasts, the following article is a good read.
Kid transfers in this summer, memorizes 115 play playbook, calls audibles from pass play to run play and according to HC/OC audibles into change of protections for the O-Line. Hell, this last comment is exactly what Joe Montana was referencing in a recent interview regarding the majority of incoming CFB QB's have no idea on how to read defenses.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter. It was time to burn it all down to
An extent and rebuild.

Y’all are playing hard I’ll give you that. But wait until it gets cold and Goff wears his gloves. They sexy

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cannot comprehend the "lovefest" for Parsons.
Run defender - bad pursuit angles
Edge Rusher - check
Speed and Burst - check

still below average in coverage - but he has time to get better - I'm not banking on that
I don't miss missing out on drafting him at all or even the possibility over Sewell
Better than LVE. That dude refuses to stay on his feet. His only tackling technique is grab and then fall down.

I get pissed watching Cowboys games just on account of so much talent being so sloppy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than LVE. That dude refuses to stay on his feet. His only tackling technique is grab and then fall down.

He declined quickly after his 1st year and there were still missed hits (I'm mean CFB tackles in abundance)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing more than ideas , theories and wishful thinking exercises by Pride of Detroit

(My wishful trade)
If Trey Flowers were healthy and Chargers desperately needing run stuffers and edge rushing ability, I'd like this trade to happen while adding Nick Williams in that deal also. Hell, the Chargers are giving up 162+ rushing yards a game this year. They currently have the cap space this year and next year, but we pretty much know that isn't going to happen. Charles Harris probably doesn't fit as he's not a good edge run defender>

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be looking for the Lions to be buyers and not even for former 1st round CB, Igbinoghene. I'm a no no matter how desperate Holmes and DC might be for a body in the DB room.

There was also a scenario of possibly seeking to trade for Texans WR Brandin Cooks (BTW, he's had 5 concussions in the NFL to date). No to this also. Save any 2022 draft picks and beyond to continue to rebuild.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see a 2022 draft possibility for one of
Drake London or Treylon Burks along with Jameson Williams/ John Metchie

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing more than ideas , theories and wishful thinking exercises by Pride of Detroit

(My wishful trade)
If Trey Flowers were healthy and Chargers desperately needing run stuffers and edge rushing ability, I'd like this trade to happen while adding Nick Williams in that deal also. Hell, the Chargers are giving up 162+ rushing yards a game this year. They currently have the cap space this year and next year, but we pretty much know that isn't going to happen. Charles Harris probably doesn't fit as he's not a good edge run defender>

a 7th for Igbinoghene would be awesome.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the Zappe enthusiasts, the following article is a good read.
Kid transfers in this summer, memorizes 115 play playbook, calls audibles from pass play to run play and according to HC/OC audibles into change of protections for the O-Line. Hell, this last comment is exactly what Joe Montana was referencing in a recent interview regarding the majority of incoming CFB QB's have no idea on how to read defenses.

"Speaking of elite quarterbacks, Zappe models some of his game off of Drew Brees and takes notes on some of the similar attributes the two share."

Exactly who I said he reminds me of.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we are not even halfway through the season and none of the future picks have conveyed it is time to weigh in on trades not taken! Which trade was better. Goff and 2 future 1sts, or Micah Parsons and Bridgewater....I assume Parsons with the 8th pick.
I would think Goff and the two picks. You can trade down first round picks for multiple 2nd or 3rd picks. I mean if the one guy you valued as a # 1 pick was gone then trade down add quality depth

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know you're not on the Patriots Board, right? The Lions only do "a few" quality players and only do enough to sell tickets to gullible Lions fans.
Well I was not aware but when I think back the Barry Sanders years, wasn't that pretty much a driving force behind him retiring so early?