• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL which team is better

Which team is better right now

• browns

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • dolphins

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand why this is a poll... Browns are clearly the best team in the league. Mod please delete? Really no place for this level of trolling.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams don't draft on the internet. It already happened. The next DB off the board was at 11. Lol. It was like 2 months ago. You can probably read anout it if you want to catch up
Yeah and he went 4th so that's a dumb way to try and prove your point? You seem to have trouble understanding that half of what you read about the draft is probably false and you can't possibly say he wouldn't have gone until 10. Maybe someone takes him earlier, maybe someone trades up, who knows. If they take Chubb instead and Denver trades like you said it could be for a team taking him. It may or may not end up a good pick, but you don't have a clue if he would have been there at 10. to act as if you do is silly. If you want to say you don't think he would have gone that's fine, but to act as if it is fact is just wrong

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and he went 4th so that's a dumb way to try and prove your point? You seem to have trouble understanding that half of what you read about the draft is probably false and you can't possibly say he wouldn't have gone until 10. Maybe someone takes him earlier, maybe someone trades up, who knows. If they take Chubb instead and Denver trades like you said it could be for a team taking him. It may or may not end up a good pick, but you don't have a clue if he would have been there at 10. to act as if you do is silly. If you want to say you don't think he would have gone that's fine, but to act as if it is fact is just wrong
I'm not reading about anything. The draft already happened man lol. I'll break it down for you.

SF was a threat at 9 so let's say Cleveland trades back to 8 sith Chicago. Bears then take Chubb instead of Smith , Broncos then proceed to trade 5 to Arizona as they were going to do , ZONA takes a QB, Colts still take Nelson at 6 as they were prioritizing OL, Bills go QB at 8 and Brown's get ward at 8 and add picks. That's not guesswork it's based off what a really happened.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins. Pretty easy. Browns haven’t shown they know “how” to win.

Also, I think dolphins are favored either at home, on the road or at a neutral site like Mexico or London

London

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading about anything. The draft already happened man lol. I'll break it down for you.

SF was a threat at 9 so let's say Cleveland trades back to 8 sith Chicago. Bears then take Chubb instead of Smith , Broncos then proceed to trade 5 to Arizona as they were going to do , ZONA takes a QB, Colts still take Nelson at 6 as they were prioritizing OL, Bills go QB at 8 and Brown's get ward at 8 and add picks. That's not guesswork it's based off what a really happened.
So each one of these asinine posts is worse than the last. Two enormous things you're failing to acknowledge:

1. You have absolutely 0 insight into the trade down options the Browns had, nor does anyone else outside of their war room. From what I've read from the Browns beat writers, they attempted to trade back from 4 with a couple of teams but did not get the return that they felt they wanted.

2. You have absolutely 0 insight into the trade up possibilities of the other teams behind Cleveland. Ward was the CB1 in this draft in a draft without many high end CBs. The 3rd CB came off the board this year at pick 30th. The last time that happened was 2009. There are normally 4-5 CBs off the board by the 30th pick, so this was a shallow year for high end CB talent, meaning that if the Browns traded back, there was no guarantee they get their guy because plenty of teams were high on Ward and easily could've made a move ahead of Cleveland to get him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it happened and he went 4th!!!
He couldn't also go 5th or 6th in the actual draft because he was gone. How is that hard to understand. You are just making up possibilities and scenarios but you have no clue if they are accurate. He might have gone 5th, 6th, 7th or 50th.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ward can be a hell of a Corner

To suggest it was also a hell of a reach in that spot, is not too unfair

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i like him too, but there is no chance I personally take Ward in that spot if I'm picking. But that in no way whatsoever means anyone can state with anything other than a guess that he would have still been there at 10. That's just fans that read mocks and think they are experts and also that those mocks match NFL Teams boards

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They knew they wanted him, so they took him. Just assuming they could've traded back with whomever they wanted and still for sure gotten him is foolish.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew they wanted him, so they took him. Just assuming they could've traded back with whomever they wanted and still for sure gotten him is foolish.

The Browns have this "smarter than everyone else" mentality that gets them in trouble

In a passing/pass rushing league, the opportunity to pair two completely elite pass rushers together was just too easy

It's as if they always have to do the opposite of the obvious

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So each one of these asinine posts is worse than the last. Two enormous things you're failing to acknowledge:

1. You have absolutely 0 insight into the trade down options the Browns had, nor does anyone else outside of their war room. From what I've read from the Browns beat writers, they attempted to trade back from 4 with a couple of teams but did not get the return that they felt they wanted.

2. You have absolutely 0 insight into the trade up possibilities of the other teams behind Cleveland. Ward was the CB1 in this draft in a draft without many high end CBs. The 3rd CB came off the board this year at pick 30th. The last time that happened was 2009. There are normally 4-5 CBs off the board by the 30th pick, so this was a shallow year for high end CB talent, meaning that if the Browns traded back, there was no guarantee they get their guy because plenty of teams were high on Ward and easily could've made a move ahead of Cleveland to get him.
Doesn't really matter what you get in a trade down from say 4 to 8. Either way you get the player you want and receive something extra. Worst thing they could've done was what they did . I still like their draft. Tge y just didn't do nearly as well as they should have at 1 and 4. As I stated earlier when you have 2 top 4 picks and don't get a top 5 player you did a bad job. Mayfield was the best QB on the draft buy not a top 15 player in anyone's mind, he's a QB though so I get stretching although not to 1 imo. Ward was arguably the best DB although the separation was pretty slim if there at all and he wasn't a top 5 player . You can have a decent draft and still do a bad job managing your picks which is what happened here

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take Passive Aggressive for $500.00 Alex.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns hype train has exploded this summer.

Almost maybe, possibly, close to a .500 record here we come! Lmao

I still think they win like 4 games max.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have this "smarter than everyone else" mentality that gets them in trouble

In a passing/pass rushing league, the opportunity to pair two completely elite pass rushers together was just too easy

It's as if they always have to do the opposite of the obvious
Last year, when Garrett and Ogbah were on the field together, they had no issues getting to the QB. The problem was the defensive backfield made it too easy for the QB to get rid of the ball because they were so terrible. So instead of adding another DE that they don't need, they added an elite CB prospect that they desperately do. It's just that simple. As you said, it's a passing league, so they did what they thought was the right thing, and it's hard to fault them.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns might be better, but play in a more difficult conference, so might have a worse record.

Put them in the AFC East, and they might finish 2nd

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand why this is a poll... Browns are clearly the best team in the league. Mod please delete? Really no place for this level of trolling.
This^

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really matter what you get in a trade down from say 4 to 8. Either way you get the player you want and receive something extra. Worst thing they could've done was what they did . I still like their draft. Tge y just didn't do nearly as well as they should have at 1 and 4. As I stated earlier when you have 2 top 4 picks and don't get a top 5 player you did a bad job. Mayfield was the best QB on the draft buy not a top 15 player in anyone's mind, he's a QB though so I get stretching although not to 1 imo. Ward was arguably the best DB although the separation was pretty slim if there at all and he wasn't a top 5 player . You can have a decent draft and still do a bad job managing your picks which is what happened here
You're still really wrong. For the second reason I posted in my initial response, the bolded part is just flat out foolish.

Also, in what world was Mayfield not a top 15 player in anyone's mind? He was a surefire lock to go in the top 5, this was very well-known. Hell the Patriots were toying with the idea of trying to trade up to #2 for him.

Ward was the top CB and this was a very thin draft for CBs as I already illustrated. I see what you're saying, but you're just very ill-informed.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still really wrong. For the second reason I posted in my initial response, the bolded part is just flat out foolish.

Also, in what world was Mayfield not a top 15 player in anyone's mind? He was a surefire lock to go in the top 5, this was very well-known. Hell the Patriots were toying with the idea of trying to trade up to #2 for him.

Ward was the top CB and this was a very thin draft for CBs as I already illustrated. I see what you're saying, but you're just very ill-informed.
No one waa trading up for Ward man.