• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which NFC teams make the playoffs in 2022 that didn't in 2021

there is always playoff turnover, which get in and at the expense of who? 2 choices for 14 days

• Washington

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • NYGiants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Chicago

• Detroit

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • New Orleans

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Carolina

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Seattle

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • NFC (not freaking coleslaw) Tater Salad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple, these teams didn't get there in 2021, which ones get it done 2022 and at the expense of who???

Washington with their D and Wentz
NYG with whatever direction they're now taking
Minnesota with Cousins and that firepower on O
Chicago with Eberflus and Fields
Detroit with Goff, or better yet without him
New Orleans with Jameis at QB and Allen steering the ship
Atlanta with whoever they have now...which I know nothing of
Carolina with Baker on the revenge tour
Seattle with the killer Pete's and disappearing 12's...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota 100%, i think they win their division.
N.O. 75%, i think they could win their division
Carolina is 40%, depends on Baker performing.
Chicago, Gmen and Seattle 0%, they just suck at the wrong position.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know that Cousins sprained his cutler in practice today, right?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Vikings can win the division?

Anything can happen...so yes they could...and they could go 9-7 or mutiny and get their new coach fired...I've seen plenty of odd things happen in the NFL. That's what makes it awesome.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints and Vikings feel like "easy" calls even if they are probably pretty tenuous, but it definitely does feel like there's strong potential for a BS team to win the NFC East like the Commanders or the Lions getting fat on a theoretically soft schedule. Panthers are another goofy possibility. The bottom of the NFC Playoff field is likely to be weak all around unless the WC out of the NFC West is a viable contender.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit
New Orleans

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota and possibly Atlanta or Washington.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesota is screaming as a team that is going to be refreshed from being under an old hardass for so long. They honestly should have moved on from Zimmer when they lost at home while playing at that outside college stadium in like -16 degree weather. And he lasted way longer than that. That team has fucking talent out the ass that just under performs. Not only are they making the playoffs but they are winning the NFC North.

With Atlanta I'm a huge believer in Mariota winning comeback player of the year and having a total rebirth of his career and meeting his potential as the #2 overall pick in the draft in Atlanta. So just based on that I think they are in the mix for a playoff spot. Panthers getting Mayfield changes things a bit because the Panthers have a more talented roster than the Falcons. But I do believe that Mariota is a better QB and is going to have somewhat of a storied season. So I lean Falcons.

And then Washington as much as I hate to say it is going to be in the mix for the NFC East. Defense wasn't as good as it should have been last season and there were injuries. They have a pretty good offensive line, a great WR and Wentz is in all likelihood a significant upgrade at QB. He has all the talent and ability to be one of the elite QBs in the league but there is something about him behind the scenes that is extremely off-putting to everyone in organizations. This season certainly determines his career as a starter in this league unless he revitalizes it years down the road as backup doing a Nick Foles type playoff run filling in for a younger starter. But even if he balls out, he could get injured and other players could as well. That's just a franchise with a lot of bad karma swimming around it like sharks around a bleeding pig in the ocean.

That said I think Eagles win the division and Redskins possibly take a wildcard spot over the Cowboys as Jerry Jones secretly rejoices as he tips his tip with Sean Payton in Stephen's Party Bus and they get ready for a new era with a perfect reason to fire McCarthy.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston has a foot injury and is coming off major knee surgery.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the teams on this list I think would have a chance for playoff spot in AFC... fortunately they are in much weaker NFC.

Unsure how much turnover in NFC playoff teams... strongest case is for Arizona not making it back IMO and then a toss up for GB, Dallas and TB probably.

Think LAR, SF (think Trey Lance will be decent) and Philly are strongest locks to get back.

No one team feels like strong candidate... but I would choose from Minnesota, Detroit, Atlanta, NO as potentials.

GB will have questions at WR and OL. OL got some good news with Jenkins coming off PUP last week... just need some good news for Bakhtiari soon and OL would no longer be a question. Defense should be very good this year... watching the preseason game yesterday special teams did not impress at all... :gaah:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said I think Eagles win the division and Redskins possibly take a wildcard spot over the Cowboys as Jerry Jones secretly rejoices as he tips his tip with Sean Payton in Stephen's Party Bus and they get ready for a new era with a perfect reason to fire McCarthy.
IF nothing else, you're a reason why Dallas remains on a shit load of football fan minds.

maybe it's the local hype here, Dallas looks to be pretty good on D this year too.

Dan Quinn is 3-1 over Payton as a replacement

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the story with Watson?
kinda have my eye on him for late round fantasy P/U

Assume you are referring to rookie Watson and not Watkins the veteran.

Watson had knee surgery back in June/July and was on the PUP list. He came off the PUP list on Monday and is starting with some light practice now. Did not suit up for 2nd preseason game on Friday.

Will be on the field at some point... but unsure how much playing time he will have early as he is now behind several other players.

Present depth chart: Lazard, Watkins, Cobb with Doubs and A. Rodgers fighting for #4 spot.

For Fantasy these are the WRs that are intriguing for the Packers for different reasons.
- Watkins: veteran that has not lived up to draft hype, but has all the tools. Rodgers does appear to trust him already. Biggest concern/chatter is about his ability to stay healthy.
- Watson: 2nd round draft choice moved up for, but had knee surgery that has put him behind many players and now will have to put in the work to move up the ladder. If he does make some noise, do not think it is until later in season starting mid Oct/Nov he has so much catching up to do now.
- Lazard: Of returning WRs (Cobb A. Rodgers and Winfree the others), he has the most trust from Rodgers. Unsure what is his ceiling... but it would not surprise me if he gets a lot more opportunities this year and easily have career numbers... but may only still be 800-900 yards.
- Doubs: 4th round rookie that was making a lot of noise in training camp... said to have good hands and very professional. Has been up and down in preseason games with some rookie mistakes... but has a TD in each game with TD in NOs game very impressive red zone target.
- Amari Rodgers: 2nd year WR drafted in 3rd round. Disappointment last year... came back more lean and strong. Has looked decent in training camp and some good work in preseason. May be in slot a lot and receive lot of jet sweep and similar play opportunities.

My advice for Packers WRs in 12 team league with 13+ players on team.
- Really unsure what will shake out.... could be a lot of spreading the ball around this year and have 2 RBs very good at catching ball out of backfield and now Tonyan has returned from PUP at TE. Not touching any WR early.
- Maybe around rounds 7-9 depending how my team looks, if Watkins/Lazard still on the board I think about 1 of these 2 and probably leaning to Watkins hoping he stays healthy.
- For later flyers I will consider Watson or Doubs if still there and can stash them on my bench early in season hoping they gain Rodgers trust and get more playing time as season goes on.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF nothing else, you're a reason why Dallas remains on a shit load of football fan minds.

maybe it's the local hype here, Dallas looks to be pretty good on D this year too.

Dan Quinn is 3-1 over Payton as a replacement

That would be a hilarious move if Jerry fired McCarthy just to make Dan Quinn the HC instead of hiring Sean Payton.