• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Would We Be Without Our New Guys

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
............Boldin and Dawson

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our season looks a lot more like the Ravens without Boldin.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will greatly regret it if we don't resign both.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Dawson when he was in Cleveland because he was one of the few constants on some AWFUL teams. Definitely was a fan of his signing.

The way he made that 56 yarder in Arizona like it was NOTHIN. Whew. Shocked that's his career long.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in OH and having gone to Browns games (went for free mind you), there isnt a kicker in the NFL that could have done as good as him in Browns stadium, its windy as hell and right on the water. He missed that easy chip shot Sunday or else he would be looking for 30 straight, that is fckn crazy

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in Dorsey. We would have no NT.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin easily saved the offense, especially Kap thus saving the team....

But the additions have been very effective whether they were added via Trade, Draft or FA

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd be 3rd place in the NFC West at best and it's not too hard to imagine us being 4th without Boldin and Dawson. To think that a trade for a sixth round pick and a decent money kicker saved our season and gave us a shot to make a playoff run is amazing.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely no mention that the 49ers probably would've forced/made other moves if the Boldin thing didn't come up? And Dawson. C'mon, guys!

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no mention that the 49ers probably would've forced/made other moves if the Boldin thing didn't come up? And Dawson. C'mon, guys!

Yes they probably would have made another move and over paid greatly for it. The only move I would have been a fan of is to get Josh Gordon but outside of that Boldin for a 6th was a great move IMO. Also Dawson has been great this year. Last year I would have to leave the room when Akers kicked because I couldn't stand to watch him miss a kick.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes they probably would have made another move and over paid greatly for it. The only move I would have been a fan of is to get Josh Gordon but outside of that Boldin for a 6th was a great move IMO. Also Dawson has been great this year. Last year I would have to leave the room when Akers kicked because I couldn't stand to watch him miss a kick.

Just to clarify. I wasn't saying there wouldn't have been anybody in Boldin's spot or a couple guys. I'm just saying that it'd be foolish for anyone to think they'd have stopped looking or thought the same way about their WRs if the Boldin thing wouldn't have happened. It's completely possible the cap space alone would've gone to a wide receiver AND other positions or just other positions that would've balanced things differently, too. Obviously I'm not implying things would have or likely would've worked out better if the Boldin addition didn't happen either. Just that if Boldin wasn't a 49er, that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't have been.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone believes the team would have stood still without Boldin and Dawson, but we have no way of knowing who they would have been interested in or what else they would have done.

Without Boldin, it's possible that when Crabs went down and Baalke was staring at starting the year with AJ Jenkins and Kyle Williams as possible starters he would have went all in to get Josh Gordon if he was really on the block. The Boldin trade happened pretty early so that froze alot of things that the team could have done...... Thinking of starting the year with AJ Jenkins and Williams would have had the fan base ready to riot I think lol.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Dawson when he was in Cleveland because he was one of the few constants on some AWFUL teams. Definitely was a fan of his signing.

The way he made that 56 yarder in Arizona like it was NOTHIN. Whew. Shocked that's his career long.

Harbaugh must have a lot of confidence in him. He is clutch. No doubt in my mind he was gonna make the last one that won the game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff and front office has done a great job this season. Lets hope we get something out of this draft class. Patton can be big for this team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somebody always has to shit in the punch bowl, don't they?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff and front office has done a great job this season. Lets hope we get something out of this draft class. Patton can be big for this team.

At least he adds another productive player to go along with Davis, Crabtree and Boldin.