• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Le'Veon Bell end up?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense so when there wonder dud of QB goes splat on his face, (see December 2018 for the start of the fall)
they can rely on their run game and defense to win 8 games next year
Not even speaking to that. Purely a system fit

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for
Mack and drafting two rbs this year
Mack would be an awesome backup, but I'm not sold on him being a bellcow. Wilkins is no more than end of the line depth and Hines is a changeup back. They could easily shed Wilkins (5th rounder) and keep Hines as a gadget guy. Bell would be a monster in that offense.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be fun in theory but you really wouldn't if you were having to run the team ... tying up $20-25 million dollars in a RB for one season would hamstring your abilities to re-sign players, sign draft picks, and bring in FA's to field the best team you could in 2019 while your 'window' is still open with Ben under center.
Actually, slapping the transition tag only give the Steelers the option of matching the best offer he gets in order to keep him. They risk nothing. The piss off factor is huge though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Colts make the most sense. They have cap space and a team that would be ready to win right now. Adding him to a healthy Luck and a rebuilt OL that's playing well and you have a damn impressive offense.

IDK the most, but certainly one of the better max out options. They have the established QB, whereas NYJ are not there yet. IND needs to add some DEF...this should be the year to get a good edge prospect in the middle of the 1st rd...probably where they're going to be. Plug a DEF hole in FA and they should be challenging for the DIV for at least the next 3-4 yrs.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, slapping the transition tag only give the Steelers the option of matching the best offer he gets in order to keep him. They risk nothing. The piss off factor is huge though.

Why would it piss him off if he knew the Steelers had zero desire to actually match an offer? Is there something else involved in it?

I know there is some way the Steelers can get a comp pick out of the deal too

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it piss him off if he knew the Steelers had zero desire to actually match an offer? Is there something else involved in it?

I know there is some way the Steelers can get a comp pick out of the deal too
I guess if the market is not prepared to give Bell the moon, the Steelers may actually match, it's possible. In any case, they do get a comp pick.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better watch out he doesn't get black balled like Kaepernick did. You fuck with one owner and you fucked with them all. Which owner is going to want to set the precedent of signing a guy who sat out a year so he could cash in. They might not want to promote that type of thing becoming a regular occurance in the NFL.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better watch out he doesn't get black balled like Kaepernick did. You fuck with one owner and you fucked with them all. Which owner is going to want to set the precedent of signing a guy who sat out a year so he could cash in. They might not want to promote that type of thing becoming a regular occurance in the NFL.

I still think the Jets will do it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I see owners asking this:

Owner: "So what did you do last year (2018) to warrant a huge pay raise
Bell: "Um well I, um... I um.... went to Miami and partied and jet skied"
Owner: "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight"

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Spotrac...BAL has about $9 mil in cap space. They obviously can make some moves to increase cap space, but Bell is seeking $15 mil + per season...they can probably get the 1st yr of his new deal to be a reasonable cap hit, but the vast majority of teams are not putting $15-18 mil in cap space in the RB position.

My opinion of Lamar Jackson right now is not very high as a QB...Not all his fault because everytime I see him making a play, it's running. I don't think that's a good matchup for Bell because he's going to be facing 8 man fronts until Jackson gets the QB position figured out.

The teams I think will be in the market for Bell have a lot more cap space...NYJ have twice as much as BAL.

Think they are also before you made the Baltimore comment.

The Jets would be giving Darnold a serious weapon to use....but they also need help at WR....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell missed the bell. Really, who cares where he lands? He will be another washed up RB that got greedy. For some reason, Steelers have been producing good RBs like baked bread. How do they do it?
Bye bye Bell, you had your chance.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where will he end up? I have an idea:

Le'Veon, Le'Veon likes his money
He makes a lot they say
Spends his days counting
In a garage by the motorway
And he shall be Le'Veon
And he shall be a good man
And he shall be Le'Veon
In tradition with the family plan
And he shall be Le'Veon
And he shall be a good man
He shall be Le'Veon
Le'Veon sells cartoon balloons in town
His family business thrives
Jesus blows up balloons all day
Sits on the porch swing watching them fly
And Jesus, he wants to go to Venus
Leaving Le'Veon far behind
Take a balloon and go sailing
While Le'Veon, Le'Veon slowly dies
He was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas day
When the New York Times said God is dead
And the war's begun
Alvin Tostig has a son today
IMG_6487.GIF

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Spotrac...BAL has about $9 mil in cap space. They obviously can make some moves to increase cap space, but Bell is seeking $15 mil + per season...they can probably get the 1st yr of his new deal to be a reasonable cap hit, but the vast majority of teams are not putting $15-18 mil in cap space in the RB position.

My opinion of Lamar Jackson right now is not very high as a QB...Not all his fault because everytime I see him making a play, it's running. I don't think that's a good matchup for Bell because he's going to be facing 8 man fronts until Jackson gets the QB position figured out.

The teams I think will be in the market for Bell have a lot more cap space...NYJ have twice as much as BAL.

thats this year next year its estimated at 35 mil:suds:

plenty of teams can afford him

upload_2018-11-15_12-55-11.png

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats this year next year its estimated at 35 mil:suds:

plenty of teams can afford him

View attachment 190818

Okay...$15 mil for Bell, you need to account for your draft class (say $5 mil or so), another $5 mil to hold back for emergency, then your own FAs you want to keep...$35 mil is barely scrapping by taking on a contract like Bell wants.

Besides, IDK if I would spend half my cap space on a RB if I'm DeCosta.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...$15 mil for Bell, you need to account for your draft class (say $5 mil or so), another $5 mil to hold back for emergency, then your own FAs you want to keep...$35 mil is barely scrapping by taking on a contract like Bell wants.

Besides, IDK if I would spend half my cap space on a RB if I'm DeCosta.
Not saying its a good idea just it can be done if they want to:suds: