• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Taylors Youth Will Benefit Us

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is also going to be Zooming into the offseason workouts. There won't be any right away. They were supposed to start April 20 but have been delayed indefinitely, yet Taylor is working on what amounts to a virtual reality installation of offense, defense and special teams.

"We want to be as creative as possible," said Taylor, who wants to hold off on divulging his plan until he gets more specific. "We want to do the best you can making the install like you would do it in front of the room with the players. No different than that. They are professionals, no question about it, but you want to make sure there is some entertainment and you engage them as much as you can. We've all been in a virtual classroom before and it's easy to stray a little bit. We just want to make sure these guys are engaged so when we install it, it really hits home."

His generation versus Marvin Lewis is going to give us a slight advantage I think that we wouldn't have had if we had an older coach trying to deal with this. Granted, there are a lot of younger folks that make up every aspect of a team, but it has to start with the head coach and t he vision has to be there from the onset with the coach to really develop and push this thing in a changing world.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a season this fall, my assumption is that you will be watching some extremely sloppy play and lots of injuries.... This isn't a dig on Taylor or the Bengals - They're in the same situation as everyone else. It's just going to be hard for the players to have the normal level of physical and mental preparation.

And if everything works the same even without the offseason schedule?? I guess the players were right all along and they shouldn't be expected to do anything until August.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a season this fall, my assumption is that you will be watching some extremely sloppy play and lots of injuries.... This isn't a dig on Taylor or the Bengals - They're in the same situation as everyone else. It's just going to be hard for the players to have the normal level of physical and mental preparation.

And if everything works the same even without the offseason schedule?? I guess the players were right all along and they shouldn't be expected to do anything until August.

My guess is every team will look sloppy and therefore, you will not notice much of a difference, especially with the offense having an advantage. It is just going to look like offenses continue to shred defenses.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my son has been watching the virtual iracing featuring nascar drivers.

I watched some with him...
it's awful.

hopefully the UV rays of the sun fry this thing in late spring or early summer, so we aren't watching tom brady play Madden vs Andy Dalton

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only advantage it will have is over the Bengals under Lewis. Most other teams are already well into the forefront of technology and adapting. The Bengals languish behind - so, yes and improvement - but does it really put them ahead of other teams? Doubtful, IMO.

Yes, I think everyone will be sloppy - some more than others because, well...that's just how talent/experience rolls. Teams with more veteran guys are probably going to be better off than teams that are really young.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it will mostly be a league wide phenomena... One you sort of see already - Poor tackling, stupid penalties, etc.

As for the Bengals.... 2011 should have been a year that killed them. They went into the season with a rookie qb and a new offensive coordinator and didn't have the traditional offseason dude to the lockout. While that team wasn't terrific at the beginning of the season, they were competitive and it set up for a wildcard run. That surprised me then and it still does surprise me. I give some credit to Marvin for that performance.... While he might not have embraced technology and might have been slow to innovate, I never felt his teams were unprepared physically to play. He got a lot out of some guys. Enough to get them to where they could be just good enough to get invited to the dance and not nearly enough to actually win.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin had limitations, but he did bring in some players for a short time that wouldn't play here otherwise.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the haul we just nabbed in FA? Taylor has also convinced Brown to spend some money, and bring in several quality free agents without losing his mind. Opened the wallet, but opened it for quality players with reasonable contracts. Waynes may have been a bit overpaid, but I like all the rest of the signings.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty good. I imagine saying good bye to Dalton helped salary negotiations a little, it could also mean we're saying good bye to Green, although Eifert is also gone. This may look like a much different team.

No idea how it may translate into wins, but we'll see.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's pretty good. I imagine saying good bye to Dalton helped salary negotiations a little, it could also mean we're saying good bye to Green, although Eifert is also gone. This may look like a much different team.

No idea how it may translate into wins, but we'll see.
At this point - I don't see them parting with AJ. I wish they would, honestly, but I don't see it.

Dalton will either end up as a late round trade to simply get anything they can for him at that point, or they will cut him. As we all saw last year, when you have 2 QB's, you have none. If Burrow is going to be the guy, then Dalton has been here too long to stay. This isn't like a Kitna who coming in knows what his role is - 1 year starter, 1 year backup, and then likely on his way. Dalton has been here for, what, 10+ years. If Burrow struggles, the urge to replace him with Dalton will continue to grow as long as he is around. That's neither good for Dalton, or Burrow.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. the news media will say that Burrow is a racist, criminal, and a human trafficker and we need to start Dalton.