• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Does the KC-BUF Duel From Last Night Rank Amongst Non-SB's All Time?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a better one, though the OT left a bad taste.. so I wish one of them had won it in regulation somehow.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably biased but Seattle/San Fran was epic and the conference Championship. Two of the best defenses that year, INTENSE rivalry, complete with Richard Sherman's outburst at the end where he proved to everyone he was the best CB in the league at that point in time.

These weren't even division rivals..... just a lot of scoring, meh. I don't find those games THAT exciting just by default. But touchdowns get alcohol flowing and panties dropped, so I get why the majority of people enjoy it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t put a game with that bad of coverage in my top 5. Gabe Davis should not be that wide open…

Or a game where both QBs lead their team in rushing.

It was fun though. Wish Ariel Young could’ve been there.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably biased but Seattle/San Fran was epic and the conference Championship. Two of the best defenses that year, INTENSE rivalry, complete with Richard Sherman's outburst at the end where he proved to everyone he was the best CB in the league at that point in time.

These weren't even division rivals..... just a lot of scoring, meh. I don't find those games THAT exciting just by default. But touchdowns get alcohol flowing and panties dropped, so I get why the majority of people enjoy it.
I hear ya, I'm more of a defensive fan myself, and it was actually a close, average-scoring game until the last 4 minutes. Then both offenses went into hyperdrive.

What I want out of most games (when my team isn't playing) is for either team to have a chance to win in the last minute or 90 seconds. And that game definitely delivered on that front.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As disappointing as it was for Josh Allen to not get a shot in OT, at least we finally got a game that ended with a TD instead of a walk off FG.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 best for me... Like someone said earlier, the 1981 SD/Miami game was amazing... 1981 49ers vs Cowboys was an instant classic as well...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As disappointing as it was for Josh Allen to not get a shot in OT, at least we finally got a game that ended with a TD instead of a walk off FG.
Yeah, I wish they would change the rule to allowing both teams a chance to touch the ball in OT... People keep saying, we'll Bills should've held them with 13 seconds left in regulation AND in OT... But the truth is, the Chiefs didn't have to hold the Bills in OT...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will all have our opinions on best. Like I posted earlier, it's subjective. One thing I will say is it was good to get a game that didn't fall short of the hype leading up to it. Many of these games end up one sided or duds but this one met expectations or even surpassed them.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this video. (Have to follow the link to youtube due to some legalese).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me the SD - Mia game will always be the benchmark.
but this game rates up there with the Houston Oilers/Buffalo Bills game.

Maybe if last nights game went into double overtime it could have been the best.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t put a game with that bad of coverage in my top 5. Gabe Davis should not be that wide open…

Or a game where both QBs lead their team in rushing.

It was fun though. Wish Ariel Young could’ve been there.
Hey, the Chiefs actually did sort of run the ball. 17 carries between Clyde Edwards Helaire and Jerrick McKinnon for 84 yards on top of the 3 gadget runs and 7 QB rushes. McKinnon and CEH also added 63 yards in the air so as running backs they both contributed to the win a lot.

Devin Singletary, on the other hand, was just there to keep Nick Bolton and Anthony Hitchens busy and/or on the field.

I do agree that the Chiefs secondary looked like a unit that was down two starters. And not an elite unit that was down two starters.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, the Chiefs actually did sort of run the ball. 17 carries between Clyde Edwards Helaire and Jerrick McKinnon for 84 yards on top of the 3 gadget runs and 7 QB rushes. McKinnon and CEH also added 63 yards in the air so as running backs they both contributed to the win a lot.

Devin Singletary, on the other hand, was just there to keep Nick Bolton and Anthony Hitchens busy and/or on the field.

I do agree that the Chiefs secondary looked like a unit that was down two starters. And not an elite unit that was down two starters.
Imagine how the Bills feel. They had the #1 pass defense and couldn't do dick to stop Mahomes when it mattered.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how the Bills feel. They had the #1 pass defense and couldn't do dick to stop Mahomes when it mattered.
History isnt going to be kind to their coaches but even their defense as a whole just lacked star power.

Gave up 8/13 on third down. Got Zero Turnovers. Blew two leads in the last two minutes and then had no resistance in OT. Didnt focus on taking away Kelce or Hill. Gave up 552 total yards.