• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Felix land next year?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix will get auditioned by someone. There isn't a question about that. I guess the questions are:
How hard will he work over the winter?
Will he be willing to listen to advise from coaches and veteran pitchers?
Will he be willing to change or adjust his approach?

I'd love to see Brent Strom get a hold of him and tinker with his mechanis and approach a little bit (assumming Felix would accept respond to advise). The guy resurrected Verlander's career. He transistioned Cole from a solid #2 to the most dominate pitcher in the game (with all due respects to Verlander). And he pulled Miley off of the scrap heap and made him a productive pitcher for 3/4ths of a season before his arm gave into fatigue. Also changed Charlie Morton from a #3 or #4 to a #1.

Back to the original question, other than the Astros, I think Texas could be a good landing spot for Felix. Also Tampa Bay, and San Diego.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix will get auditioned by someone. There isn't a question about that. I guess the questions are:
How hard will he work over the winter?
Will he be willing to listen to advise from coaches and veteran pitchers?
Will he be willing to change or adjust his approach?

I'd love to see Brent Strom get a hold of him and tinker with his mechanis and approach a little bit (assumming Felix would accept respond to advise). The guy resurrected Verlander's career. He transistioned Cole from a solid #2 to the most dominate pitcher in the game (with all due respects to Verlander). And he pulled Miley off of the scrap heap and made him a productive pitcher for 3/4ths of a season before his arm gave into fatigue. Also changed Charlie Morton from a #3 or #4 to a #1.

Back to the original question, other than the Astros, I think Texas could be a good landing spot for Felix. Also Tampa Bay, and San Diego.

I could see Tampa with the way they use their pitching staff. Plus it would give Felix a chance for a legit post season run.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami is where he ends up. A rebuilding team that can get a boost in attendance even though Felix is a shell of himself. Fans will venture into the ghetto to watch Felix.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea. Its hard to see him pitching for anyone because I dont see him putting in the work. That being said, somewhere on the west coast makes sense so he doesnt uproot his family. Hopefully its not in the division but I guess that ulimately doesnt matter

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Oakland. Don't have any particular support to back this up but could see him with the athletics.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea. Its hard to see him pitching for anyone because I dont see him putting in the work. That being said, somewhere on the west coast makes sense so he doesnt uproot his family. Hopefully its not in the division but I guess that ulimately doesnt matter

I thought he moved his family to Florida last year?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching his last start I would assume that he gets a spring training invite but doesn't make the actual team unless he makes some drastic change.

He lacks velocity, control and movement on his pitches. I've been wrong many times before, but if I were a GM, I wouldn't even take a flier on him unless he had some spectacular workout.