• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Clowney end up ?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the most talented free agent standing, and it's kinda crazy someone hasn't lured him in ... Browns offered the best deal, Seattle came at him for 15 million for 1 year and he could just hit free agency again next year, which I thought he would jump on, be on a competitive team for 1 year go for the big contract extension the next... Maybe injury history ? Lack of high sack numbers ? He get's tons of QB pressures even without the sacks, GREAT on run D, really surprised he hasn't landed somewhere .. Makes me wonder at this point if he'll just sit out the year....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the most talented free agent standing, and it's kinda crazy someone hasn't lured him in ... Browns offered the best deal, Seattle came at him for 15 million for 1 year and he could just hit free agency again next year, which I thought he would jump on, be on a competitive team for 1 year go for the big contract extension the next... Maybe injury history ? Lack of high sack numbers ? He get's tons of QB pressures even without the sacks, GREAT on run D, really surprised he hasn't landed somewhere .. Makes me wonder at this point if he'll just sit out the year....
He is just after the money.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots on some cheap 1 year deal.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thinks he's worth more than he actually is. Signing him to a long term contract would be a mistake for any team, imo. And I think most GMs seem to be thinking that. He should have cashed a nice paycheck for a year in the current environment when he had the chance. Could have had a big year and cashed in next year but now with the Griffen signing in Dallas, Clowney won't get nearly as much.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he knows he won't pass a physical right now? Maybe he thinks a team will get desperate once they get an injury and he can get a better deal?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s gonna take his talents to the Miami Heat

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney is injury prone. I don't think a run defender is going to get the big bucks and I don't think he is that great of pass rusher

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to think he has no real interest in playing this year. No rational person would sit out a year where they could make 15M and think theyll make it up on their next deal unless they just want a year to heal up. We all saw how that idea worked for Lev Bell and he was far more productive at his position than Clowney is at his

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be that he is concerned about Covid.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, like the faggot he is.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Butthurt about what? Why would you even take offense to my post as a Patriots fan I didn't say anything negative?
I'd have to go back and check but I'm pretty sure you've never had a non sarcastic post.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone is gonna sit out the year in about 6 weeks..........:noidea:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doesn't seem like he's budging from his demands which are clearly too high considering he struggles with staying healthy and thus consistent production.

He's an excellent run defender and a so so pass rusher. He has the ability to take over games but he really only does that a couple times a year and all of that above just isn't worth what he's asking which last I read he won't play for less than 15 million and not a lot of teams can afford that.

I'd lean on eventually a team with cap space will go "Why not?" and give him a one year deal worth 15+ million but he could also sit out this season knowing it's going to be a weird one and he could take the year to get his body right and sell himself to teams next season.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what is strategy is so he would rather not play and make nothing and that somehow his value will go up next offseason? Either he doesn't want to take the 1 year deal because he knows he isn't that great and this is the best opportunity for him to get paid or there is some detail in all the contracts offered he doesn't like.

After seeing what the Cowboys did to Gerald McCoy releasing him after his injury because of the injury waiver clause in his contract and I'm not sure how much of the 3 million he will keep after attending 2 practices but Clowney and his injury history probably doesn't want to take anything like that.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being biased but I still feel like Seattle is his best option.

If he wants any chance to get the big multi-year deal he is looking for next off-season then it seems like a 1 year prove it deal with the team you were just playing on and know would be ideal.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's starting to act/sound like Kapernick....making everyone THINK he wants to play, but really doesn't want to.