• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's your opinion of Andre Drummond on the Lakers?

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he been better than you expected? Just as good as you expected? Worse than you expected? And Why?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as expected.

He will benefit from James and AD being back with.....so it's still a little early to tell IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No major complaints so far. He needs more time with the team, especially with Lebron and AD.

One thing I've noticed is that he doesn't seem to catch the ball real well in traffic. A lot of times he'll bobble it a little or have it knocked out of his hands. There have even been a few times where he just flat dropped it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No major complaints so far. He needs more time with the team, especially with Lebron and AD.

One thing I've noticed is that he doesn't seem to catch the ball real well in traffic. A lot of times he'll bobble it a little or have it knocked out of his hands. There have even been a few times where he just flat dropped it.
James Wiseman was having similar problems but he's only 19

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he does have some butterfingers, that's for sure. I noticed he misses a lot of bunnies and dunks which might be related to his hands too. I feel he clogs up the middle a lot too. The spacing isn't as good when he's in the game compared to Gasol who is a three point threat. AD, Lebron and Shroeder need room inside to finish near the rim, Drummond appears to take away from that. Overall Drummond could be valuable in certain match ups but I'd like to see some of minutes go to Gasol and Trez.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like it

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as expected.

He will benefit from James and AD being back with.....so it's still a little early to tell IMO.

Might be too early to tell but the Lakers don't have much time to figure out if he will work out. I'd be inclined to reduce his minutes in half because he isn't melding as quickly as I hoped. Gasol, Trez and AD need to all spend some time at the center position depending on the match ups.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness....you don't like anything, thunder....bet you didnt even enjoy Vegas,, LOL.
Had a great time and came home with more than I left with. Going back in June!

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he does have some butterfingers, that's for sure. I noticed he misses a lot of bunnies and dunks which might be related to his hands too. I feel he clogs up the middle a lot too. The spacing isn't as good when he's in the game compared to Gasol who is a three point threat. AD, Lebron and Shroeder need room inside to finish near the rim, Drummond appears to take away from that. Overall Drummond could be valuable in certain match ups but I'd like to see some of minutes go to Gasol and Trez.

I think that much of it is just a lack of time together on the floor, especially with Lebron and AD. I also think that he will likely be used pretty similarly to how the Lakers used Dwight last year.

Against some teams, he'll play a lot. Against others, he won't play much.

Plus, and he has even acknowledged as much, once Lebron and AD are fully back and healthy, his priority will be defense and rebounding. Lebron will make sure he gets some points like he did for Dwight and Javale last year, but when it comes to scoring, I expect that he'll be the 4th or 5th option most of the time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His hands get worse the faster he runs.

His hands are great when nearly stationary.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His hands get worse the faster he runs.

His hands are great when nearly stationary.

Yep, as long as he's a statue, he can catch anything. lol

I wonder how big his hands are? If memory serves, years ago when Kwame Brown was in the league, he couldn't catch a cold. Turned out that along with just not being very good at basketball, he had small hands.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, as long as he's a statue, he can catch anything. lol

I wonder how big his hands are? If memory serves, years ago when Kwame Brown was in the league, he couldn't catch a cold. Turned out that along with just not being very good at basketball, he had small hands.
When he first got in the league, he’d bring the ball up court a dozen times a game.

I just thought he was raw. I mean, he was a teen.

Pretty sure shortly after I got here, I put him on a short list of guys who could be the best player in the league five years out.

He’s better on the boards than I’d ever imagined. A true knack for it. But he should never have the ball outside, oh, 8-10 feet.

Still a big fan. He’s a great dude.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure shortly after I got here, I put him on a short list of guys who could be the best player in the league five years out.

Had he come into the league about 10 years earlier than he did, you may very well have been right. Poor guy might be the last true center before the "stretch 5" became a thing.

He's still carved out a nice career for himself despite that. I've heard a couple of interviews with him and I agree, seems like a good dude.