• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's up in Baltimore?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good maybe the media can hyper focus on this story instead

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most QB contracts are disputed on both sides so I'm not surprised. Jackson's a unique case: a lot of personal accomplishments, but not much to show for it team-wise.

Brown obviously wants LT money and won't get that in Baltimore since Stanley got paid last year. Sucks to see but I don't really blame him since he proved he could play both sides well.

Dez's input last year wasn't really that great when he actually did play. Outside of being a redzone target, he didn't really have much to offer in that offense.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jackson's going to be a tough one because like Dak he's going to want an obscene amount of money and he's not really worth that kind of money.

My thoughts on the Raven's offense in general is that it's built to beat up bad to average teams in the regular season but when it comes to the playoffs when you see top tier teams and top tier defenses it hits a road block.

In Brown's case it's just about the money and less about the Raven's. As an LT he'd simply get a lot more money than he would as an RT and he obviously saw the contract Tunsil got and the one Trent Williams will get and he wants in on that action.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson isn't worth a Mahomes level contract... I'd have a hard time even paying him over $30m per year. Exciting player, just not as complete a player as they need him to be if they want to win championships.

Brown... He's a realist, and undoubtedly was told that he would get paid better elsewhere. He's smart to look elsewhere.

Dez... Non factor last year. His ego couldn't take being a WR5 role player in the RZ. But he must feel good about signing elsewhere if he's confident enough to cast this stone. BAL is well-known for being one of the few teams to revive an aging vets career. IMO this wasn't a good move to say this.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Brown is the one to watch and should fetch real trade compensation. The Lamar stuff is just negotiation nonsense. They'll come to an agreement eventually.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The questions about Lamar Jackson moving forward are few and far between, and they aren’t directed at him as much as they are pointed at something that directly impacts his production: Baltimore’s offensive line. The upheaval was a bit swift, with Marshal Yanda retiring last offseason and Ronnie Stanley going down with an injury midseason. Now, Orlando Brown wants to be traded to a team that will play him at left tackle (the Ravens played him on the right side). Even beyond those issues, the line faced variability last season; per PFF, “nine different offensive linemen played at least 100 offensive snaps throughout [2020-21] — the same number as some of the more beat-up offensive lines in the league

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Bmore is going to be faced with some decisions that are really tough. How do you pay Jackson? I mean, the guy is winning games and getting them to the playoffs, but as a true overall QB - what is his skillset? Eventually, he's not going to be able to run like he does now, and can you pay a QB who's biggest threat is his legs the kind of contract that top tier QB's are getting? He's going to have to show he is developing enough as a passer to really get paid, but again - how long, and how much, will Bmore be willing to go to get to that point? Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out.

As for Brown - he played like 1/2 a season of a really odd season at LT and did well. If I were a team needing OL help (and the Bengals certainly need OL help) I'd be really hesitant to trade for Brown (forget for a moment they are both in the AFCN that probably complicates things). There's not a lot of film of him at LT, he would likely cost several high round draft picks, and then would cost a bunch of money. There are F/A's out there that have a longer track record, and this draft seems to be pretty deep at OT/OL help in general. Either this is an issue Brown has had since being drafted and slotted at RT and the Ravens didn't handle well, or the guy is sliding into being a malcontent, which in that case - I'd prefer the team to stay away from him anyway.