• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats the word on Decker? Ankle problem?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I am reading. Anyone know anything more than that? He is listed as questionable.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard anything about it. If it has not popped on the boards I would expect it to be minor.

That said we could use a bye sooner than week 9.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he is on pace to play for Sunday. Just an ankle tweak and the coaches are just giving him some time to rest it. Not sure why they slap a "Questionable" mark on that but maybe it is to keep the opposing team guessing even though I think I read Decker say he is for sure playing.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Decker said he fully intends to play on Sunday. Just a minor tweak and precautionary hold out from practice.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like for this team it is just survive until the Bye and hope we can keep the team intact. Glad to see though on the injury report a couple of guys actually "Fully" practicing in Kuper and Dreessen. Both of those guys add some great depth especially Kuper to a position that we need some. Just think in a little over a week Von Miller is back practicing with the team!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he is on pace to play for Sunday. Just an ankle tweak and the coaches are just giving him some time to rest it. Not sure why they slap a "Questionable" mark on that but maybe it is to keep the opposing team guessing even though I think I read Decker say he is for sure playing.

On the slim chance Decker was unable to go, how would Denvers offense change? Caldwell in Decker spot and.......... or????? Thoughts?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the slim chance Decker was unable to go, how would Denvers offense change? Caldwell in Decker spot and.......... or????? Thoughts?

My guess since it looks like Dreessen will be back this week the Broncos would switch to a more 2-TE set with Welker playing more outside than he has been. This would help the run game, pass protection, and we would still have 4 good weapons on the field (Dreessen is not the receiver that Decker is but he did pretty darn well for us last year). When we would go 3-Wide then I would say either Caldwell or maybe even Julius Thomas might play some on the outside or inside. Caldwell has been impressive so far this season so the offense might miss a little here and there but I will be honest Caldwell presents a different kind of match up with his speed to where the Broncos might be able to hit on a few more deeper plays than with Decker in the game.

Honestly I would hate to be the Cowboys having to figure all of this out. At least with Decker they know to prepare for the 3-Wide set more than the 2-TE. Not knowing what the Broncos are going to do on offense since we can run out of so many different sets is what really separates this offense from so many others in the league (obviously Peyton is the main reason but having so many guys that can play different positions helps quite a bit too).

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would suck, cause Decker is my FF WR and I am planning on starting him.

Other than that, I do not really think it matters all that much who is catching passes from Manning. If they are an NFL WR, they will produce.

Reference Anthony Gonzalez, Collie, Tamme, etc etc etc.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would suck, cause Decker is my FF WR and I am planning on starting him.

Other than that, I do not really think it matters all that much who is catching passes from Manning. If they are an NFL WR, they will produce.

Reference Anthony Gonzalez, Collie, Tamme, etc etc etc.

I wouldn't worry too much...Pretty sure he was a full participant in practice today. Sounds like the Broncos just wanted him to get an extra day of rest and rehab. I mean what is he going to learn at practice that he doesn't already know?

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess since it looks like Dreessen will be back this week the Broncos would switch to a more 2-TE set with Welker playing more outside than he has been. This would help the run game, pass protection, and we would still have 4 good weapons on the field (Dreessen is not the receiver that Decker is but he did pretty darn well for us last year). When we would go 3-Wide then I would say either Caldwell or maybe even Julius Thomas might play some on the outside or inside. Caldwell has been impressive so far this season so the offense might miss a little here and there but I will be honest Caldwell presents a different kind of match up with his speed to where the Broncos might be able to hit on a few more deeper plays than with Decker in the game.

Honestly I would hate to be the Cowboys having to figure all of this out. At least with Decker they know to prepare for the 3-Wide set more than the 2-TE. Not knowing what the Broncos are going to do on offense since we can run out of so many different sets is what really separates this offense from so many others in the league (obviously Peyton is the main reason but having so many guys that can play different positions helps quite a bit too).

TBH, I think you would initially see a mixture of both during the first half as the offense tries to figure out what works best and then in the second half would be mostly one or another. Caldwell has not been horrible this year (color me surprised), it is more of a when do you put him in besides to spell a guy?