• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Really Wrong....????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my cheap seat, The following is what's really wrong with the Patriots after a tough 27-25 win against the NY Jets.

Defense:
1. Darrell Revis is not the player he was prior to blowing out his knee. He can't run as fast nor jump as high as did when he played for the Jets. He can still be a top CB but he has to recognize that he's not the Player he was 3 years ago.

2. Vince Wilfork is heavier and slower than ever. Keeping him on the field for passing downs just makes him a dead ass tired fat guy in the fourth quarter. The archilles tear at his age is a death nell for 400 LB defensive linemen.

3. Having two cast offs trying to replace the best tackler on your defense is nothing short of stupid. Skinner and Davis were totally lost.

4. The owner has to tell the head coach/GM that he can't be the GM anymore and give the job to Nick Casario. Trading away picks in the first round that could have netted top players on both offense and defense is already starting to haunt this team. Let Bill have input but leave the final decision up to someone else. Belechick's ego has to be reigned in.

Stork and Connelly will be back for the Bears and I think Pats offense is starting to pull itself together.
The defense, which was thought to the strength of the Patriots is the problem.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my cheap seat, The following is what's really wrong with the Patriots after a tough 27-25 win against the NY Jets.

Defense:
1. Darrell Revis is not the player he was prior to blowing out his knee. He can't run as fast nor jump as high as did when he played for the Jets. He can still be a top CB but he has to recognize that he's not the Player he was 3 years ago.

Yes, I still think he's the best corner the Pats have had in years (and that includes Talib) so he's still a big piece of the D.

2. Vince Wilfork is heavier and slower than ever. Keeping him on the field for passing downs just makes him a dead ass tired fat guy in the fourth quarter. The archilles tear at his age is a death nell for 400 LB defensive linemen.
Yes. Unfortunately even at this age he's still essential.

3. Having two cast offs trying to replace the best tackler on your defense is nothing short of stupid. Skinner and Davis were totally lost.
Yes. We need more talent at LB AND the Dline

4. The owner has to tell the head coach/GM that he can't be the GM anymore and give the job to Nick Casario. Trading away picks in the first round that could have netted top players on both offense and defense is already starting to haunt this team. Let Bill have input but leave the final decision up to someone else. Belechick's ego has to be reigned in.
I always felt that way too but then I haven't won any Superbowls.

There's a quote by Shelby Foote on Robert E. Lee and Gettysburg which wasn't one of his best battles.

Gettysburg, Foote surmises, was the price the South paid for having R.E.Lee.
The same goes for Bellichick.

Stork and Connelly will be back for the Bears and I think Pats offense is starting to pull itself together.
The defense, which was thought to the strength of the Patriots is the problem.
And Hightower just came back after a couple week layoff. They have to figure out how to shore up the run D. I think they'll figure out something.

Last edited by a moderator:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon now,......like tex said = they just played 2/games in 4-days,.....giv'em a lil' ~slack~....!,....I bet you'll see a whole new team/effort at Gillette from your ~comfy~ club-seats = in 10-days.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon now,......like tex said = they just played 2/games in 4-days,.....giv'em a lil' ~slack~....!,....I bet you'll see a whole new team/effort at Gillette from your ~comfy~ club-seats = in 10-days.

:nod: not worried about daBears. Pats will be rested. Hope Chicago wins this week against Miami in Chicago. Just want Miami to ding them up a bit though.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I'm not a fan of thursday games. 4 days between games is stupid. the games are almost always sloppy and just bad.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been saying this for years! BB needs to focus on the field and not making moves because trading picks away constantly is not working. Sure you can never tell for sure the talent come draft time but can they please actually USE a pick instead of trading it away for the next year only to do that same thing the next year?!?!?!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there is too much to fix, made a lot of plays and great catches in half the time the jetsssss did and toughed it out against a bitter div rival.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have had their 'easy' piece of the schedule. Chicago and Denver are next before they get a Bye. If they think an effort like last night against the Jets can be repeated against the Broncos will give the same result, they are sadly mistaken.

Manning has to be licking his lips if he thinks the Pats D-Line will play against him like they did against Geno. He's not throwing to Curley, Amaro and the like.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Belichick went nickel as base defense last night... likely due to Mayo being out. Hope it's the last time we see it - dusted off the old 4-2-5 schemes from 2002. I will say this, the interior of the DL certainly did their best Steve Martin impersonation.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Belichick went nickel as base defense last night... likely due to Mayo being out. Hope it's the last time we see it - dusted off the old 4-2-5 schemes from 2002. I will say this, the interior of the DL certainly did their best Steve Martin impersonation.

I think we would have done better if we left the middle wide open and watered the grass!!!!!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're NOT gonna beat every team by 30 pts.,....and we're NOT gonna beat every team on the fkkn schedule = R E L A X.......!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blast from the past. Some things never change! 9 years ago!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the good thing is they won the SB that year, so does this hint at a return to not just greatness but league domination once again?

IMO we were one OC and O-line coach away from being just as good as anybody this past season. And that's with a QB that I don't even think is that good. Assuming our defense doesn't take a step back in 2023 and assuming the offensive coaching situation gets resolved, I fully anticipate the Pats being right there with the top teams next season.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we were one OC and O-line coach away from being just as good as anybody this past season. And that's with a QB that I don't even think is that good. Assuming our defense doesn't take a step back in 2023 and assuming the offensive coaching situation gets resolved, I fully anticipate the Pats being right there with the top teams next season.
Yes.
I've said it before, there were a number of games this year...3? 4?...that they were literally 1 play at the end of the game from winning. This was combined with an entire first half of absolutely no offensive production.
So, come out swinging in the first half and we are watching our team in the playoffs.
Better execution in the second half, same.
Little of both and they won the division.

1) Play Bourne.
2) Have an offensive game plan ready so 1st and goal from the nine doesn't get fricken delay of games because the OC can't call a play.
3) Call plays that actually see the ball go past the first down marker.
4) Protect the QB.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. They lost to the worst team in the league - You got to think a better game plan could have changed that
  2. They were on the verge of beating Cincy when an unfortunate fumble (an a valid, valid argument that forward progress had stopped) derailed that.
  3. The Raiders game
These games didn't even need the overhaul you suggest and the team is 11 - 6. Now add the changes you suggested and your comments are even more valid.