• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's more Bush League?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Showing up a pitcher by flippping a bat (and hitting the catcher with it), then watching your majestic shot... sail foul?

B) Beaning the batter his next time up for showing up the pitcher?

C) Or... crying after the game about the HBP?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A more than B & C put together.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D) getting everyone out for what could be an entertaining bench clearing brawl, and have nothing of interest happen at all.

It was a great time for all DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THE PLAY IN QUESTION to settle their individual scores, mano y mano. But nooooooooooooo.

Now, we all get to "wait for the other shoe to drop", as I think it is a very much given that a Sox player is drilled in retaliation.

And so on, and so forth.....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedroia gets beaned tonight in his first at bat. Both teams are warned, ntohing else will come of it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B, hitting a player is not bushleague, is bullshit.

That's just the way it is. It's a code of baseball and I believe in it. I also believe in the batters right to charge the mound.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just the way it is. It's a code of baseball and I believe in it. I also believe in the batters right to charge the mound.

that baseball code is how you get down a rabbit hole. Code is you shouldn't stand and admire your HR. So now you have to bean someone. Then the batter has to charge. Then the dugouts and bullpens have to charge.

It's all stupid. If the pitcher doesn't want him watching his HR, don't serve a fat one down the middle.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, as Robin Ventura proved, it is ALWAYS at your own risk......:laugh3:

Did not know that Kyle Farnsworh was already hurt last night. If not, the scrum could have been way more fun. He is 6'4, about 240, and is supposed to be a serious student of matrial arts, with a mean streak a mile wide.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the pitcher doesn't want him watching his HR, don't serve a fat one down the middle.

And I think we have a BINGO. Don't take your poor performance out on someone else, IF that is the only reason for the dust up.

Be a man, and produce, and then, point to / shove that good performance down the other guys throat.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that baseball code is how you get down a rabbit hole. Code is you shouldn't stand and admire your HR. So now you have to bean someone. Then the batter has to charge. Then the dugouts and bullpens have to charge.

It's all stupid. If the pitcher doesn't want him watching his HR, don't serve a fat one down the middle.

It's all about respect. You celebrate when you get to the dugout, not while you're standing at home plate. And I also detest the antics of that fat fuckface Joba Chamberlain. That has no place in baseball. One right between the shoulder blades is a great solution. That's the way it's always been.

The HR is the price the pitcher is supposed to pay for hanging one, not having some asshole stand there and make fun of him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about respect. You celebrate when you get to the dugout, not while you're standing at home plate. And I also detest the antics of that fat fuckface Joba Chamberlain. That has no place in baseball. One right between the shoulder blades is a great solution. That's the way it's always been.

The HR is the price the pitcher is supposed to pay for hanging one, not having some asshole stand there and make fun of him.

I agree 100%. Just doesn't make sense, any of it. God, when I see a pitcher jump around like a lunatic or crap like that when he makes a K I want to punch him in the face. But what do batters do? They go out and try their hardest to hit the next one out of the park. Why can't pitchers do the same? You don't see a batter after a pitcher makes a big out and struts around the mound go out, take a few warmup swings, and charge the mound.

Pitchers are the ones that get revenge by hitting someone rather than bearing down and making the next guy look foolish with an overpowering pitch selection.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree! Hey, next time, strike him out and then stair him down as he walks back to the dugout. It is so silly in baseball with all these unwritten rules. Just dumb some of the stuff they have.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had ever been good enough to play in the majors, I had it all work out. If I got hit by a pitch. I would just start walking to first and then halfway charge the mound, with spikes high. Fuck yeah, blood! Maybe carry brass knuckles in me.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. Just doesn't make sense, any of it. God, when I see a pitcher jump around like a lunatic or crap like that when he makes a K I want to punch him in the face. But what do batters do? They go out and try their hardest to hit the next one out of the park. Why can't pitchers do the same? You don't see a batter after a pitcher makes a big out and struts around the mound go out, take a few warmup swings, and charge the mound.

Pitchers are the ones that get revenge by hitting someone rather than bearing down and making the next guy look foolish with an overpowering pitch selection.

This. If a pitcher can celebrate after a strike out, why can't a batter after a HR? If I was a batter and hit a HR I'd flip my bat about 10 foot out towards the pitchers mound.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for sending a message to the batter like in the good old days.

They show you up....you plunk 'em

Everyone in the world knew what was coming if that ever happened 20 years ago

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c.......

i got no problem with pitchers hitting a batter...not in the head though....just bean him in the torso

but dont cry about it......

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E) Hitting the batter 2 at bats later over extreme unfounded butthurt

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, as Robin Ventura proved, it is ALWAYS at your own risk......:laugh3:

Did not know that Kyle Farnsworh was already hurt last night. If not, the scrum could have been way more fun. He is 6'4, about 240, and is supposed to be a serious student of matrial arts, with a mean streak a mile wide.

:agree:

Absolutely!

Charging Nolan Ryan is NOT a good play. Kyle Farnsworth either. Leave these bad boys alone or you could be hurt, and seriously!