• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was your teams most notable offseason move?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mitch. I though he was an amazing GM for the Lakers.

But having signed Deng and Mosgov leaves me wondering if he lost his fastball.

I have very high hopes for Mitch as GM and for our new coach, James Borrego. He's had a while to learn behind Pop so I'm confident we will improve this year. Not sure if we will actually amount to anything good, but I'm sure we will improve.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mitch. I though he was an amazing GM for the Lakers.

But having signed Deng and Mosgov leaves me wondering if he lost his fastball.

Yeah, until I see or hear something that suggests otherwise, I'm putting those signings on Short Buss who was desperate to get the Lakers to the playoffs to save his job. It sucked that Mitch was let go. I was hoping they'd find something for him within the organization, even if it meant creating a position.

The problem for Mitch was that, while he was the GM, Short Buss was his boss and was very much into trying to put "his stamp" on the Lakers. He acted like Dr. Buss' way wasn't successful. lol

Had Short Buss been smart enough to stay the hell out of the way and let Mitch do his job, Short Buss might still have his.

My only issue with Mitch was his refusal to contact FA's, even through back channels, prior to the midnight start of free agency. While that's an honorable, "play by the rules" way of doing things...it also meant the Lakers were playing catch up when free agency started.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deandre-jordan-3.jpg

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch the GM has so far been a failure. He made some bonehead moves even before Buss jr stepped in.

LA is on a better path now, its not a coincidence

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch the GM has so far been a failure. He made some bonehead moves even before Buss jr stepped in.

LA is on a better path now, its not a coincidence

Not really. The last move the Lakers made that was mainly done by Mitch was bringing in Dwight and Nash. While it obviously blew up on the Lakers, it was a move that any GM in the league would have made if they could.

Pretty much everything after that, including hiring D'Antoni when all they had to do was wait a day and they could have had Phil back, was done under Short Buss' direction.

Either way though, as you point out, the Lakers are on a better path and it's not a coincidence. I've actually been pleasantly surprised. I thought Magic and Pelinka would do a good job and were the right move...but I thought there'd be more of a learning curve than there has appeared to be so far.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Carmelo

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1