• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What teams are poised to take a step back this season?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you my choices:

Rams:

Offensive line looks a mess, Cooper Kupp returning from ACL, Gurley's status in limbo, young QB exposed a bit by Belichick. Great defense, but how will that offense perform after getting shut down in the Super Bowl?

Chiefs

The offense lost momentum after Kareem Hunt got cut, and now there is the specter of losing Tyreek Hill. Defense is going to be improved, but I think the offense is not going to be as explosive as it was in Mahomes' first season as a starter.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you my choices:

Rams:

Offensive line looks a mess, Cooper Kupp returning from ACL, Gurley's status in limbo, young QB exposed a bit by Belichick. Great defense, but how will that offense perform after getting shut down in the Super Bowl?

Chiefs

The offense lost momentum after Kareem Hunt got cut, and now there is the specter of losing Tyreek Hill. Defense is going to be improved, but I think the offense is not going to be as explosive as it was in Mahomes' first season as a starter.

I agree with both of these. It's hard for any QB (let alone basically a rookie) duplicate what Mahomes did last year in their 2nd season... and without Hunt/Hill and some defensive pieces (fine you added Clark... and Dee Ford had a higher PFF rating so how exactly is that improved?) I just don't see it.

As for the Rams. They had a worse defense than Seattle. It was a major blow they lost Kupp and Cooks dealt with some injury but it sounds like Gurley might not be the same.... and Whitworth is another year older... plus Super Bowl hangover. I just don't see it, here. 49ers should be improved, Seattle IS basically a better team (given Baldwin was playing injured and ET/Kam never factored in regardless), and the Cards can't go anywhere but up.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the Rams' selection of Oklahoma lineman Bobby Evans, he could win one of their open OL spots and solidify that unit. But they are going to have two new OL starters for sure and don't seem to have great depth there. We saw how their offense basically shut down once the line play dropped off.

On KC, they may still be a very good offense, but guys like Hunt and Hill don't grow on trees. Those are special players.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the Rams' selection of Oklahoma lineman Bobby Evans, he could win one of their open OL spots and solidify that unit. But they are going to have two new OL starters for sure and don't seem to have great depth there. We saw how their offense basically shut down once the line play dropped off.

On KC, they may still be a very good offense, but guys like Hunt and Hill don't grow on trees. Those are special players.
Runningbacks don't fucking matter tho

And RB's do grow on trees. I consulted the underpants gnomes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are certainly going to test your theory that RBs don’t matter.

Their depth chart

Damien Williams
Carlos Hyde
Aaron Ripkowski
A couple of UDFAs and a late round Utah State scat back

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are certainly going to test your theory that RBs don’t matter.

Their depth chart

Damien Williams
Carlos Hyde
Aaron Ripkowski
A couple of UDFAs and a late round Utah State scat back
Andy Reid always gets production out of his RBs. Come on, iggloo.

I like Hyde for a bounce back year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other losses the Rams still haven't resigned Suh that leaves a hole even though he wasn't the Suh of old. Heck I don't think he stepped on one opposing player last year.

KC will be ok but I see them about a 10-6 team.

Philly will also take a step back. We saw it start last season. Without some late season heroics they wouldn't have made the playoffs. Wentz isn't ready to play yet. No Foles, Bennett, Long... coach talks like he has a mouthful of matbles.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz got hurt again I could see Philly taking a step back. But I see them being an 10-6 or 11-5 type of team right now which is a step forward.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other losses the Rams still haven't resigned Suh that leaves a hole even though he wasn't the Suh of old. Heck I don't think he stepped on one opposing player last year.

We will see you in Super Bowl, maybe this time our best receiver will be playing in the game. Unlike last year's

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens will drop off.

Defensive coordinators will have solutions for that whack no passing game offense. Their two WRs are 5'9. They want to just use all those TEs? If the defense doesn't bail them out it will be a disaster.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see you in Super Bowl, maybe this time our best receiver will be playing in the game. Unlike last year's
It's hilarious how many excuses you need.

Winning it takes care of that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens will drop off.

Defensive coordinators will have solutions for that whack no passing game offense. Their two WRs are 5'9. They want to just use all those TEs? If the defense doesn't bail them out it will be a disaster.
Maybe I have drank too much tonight, but this is a rare good take from you.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens also lost some key guys on defense

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE will likely be there. LA not sure?

But I do like your excuses. I like it even more considering you call others out for making excuses.

I recall NE having to use WR Troy Brown as a DB for their run to the SB in 2004 because they had so many injuries.

No excuses

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE will likely be there. LA not sure?

But I do like your excuses. I like it even more considering you call others out for making excuses.

I recall NE having to use WR Troy Brown as a DB for their run to the SB in 2004 because they had so many injuries.

No excuses

Not having your best WR is excuse, I guess. He has no impact on the game. Your knowledge is top notch

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having your best WR is excuse, I guess. He has no impact on the game. Your knowledge is top notch
Injuries are excuses. Every team has them. Every team deals with them differently.

I already mentioned NE won a SB while using a WR at DB because of injuries.

NE also have won SBs without arguably the best TE to ever play the game.

Every year NE has had "major" injuries. Yet they find ways to win and when they lose their fans don't use it as an excuse.

Just sayin

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are excuses. Every team has them. Every team deals with them differently.

I already mentioned NE won a SB while using a WR at DB because of injuries.

NE also have won SBs without arguably the best TE to ever play the game.

Every year NE has had "major" injuries. Yet they find ways to win and when they lose their fans don't use it as an excuse.

Just sayin

Nick Foles proved he was better than Tom Brady...