• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team is most likely to dethrone the Los Angeles Lakers?

What team is most likely to knock off the Lakers?

• Warriors

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Clippers

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Heat

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Bucks

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Sixers

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Celtics

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Nuggets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You made the comment about a vote that was done before all of the things that were pointed out to you actually happened. Folks simply pointed out the circumstances at the time.

I initially voted Warriors and Heat, but changed when Klay got hurt to Clippers and Heat...because, as has been pointed out, circumstances changed.

Under current circumstances I'd probably go with the Clips or Jazz out of the West and the Sixers in the East.

That's fair. I figured that the vote was weighted to before the season votes. I just didn't expect to see so many people put the Warriors back up at that level.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. I figured that the vote was weighted to before the season votes. I just didn't expect to see so many people put the Warriors back up at that level.

For me, a lot was because that same core went to the finals twice before they got KD. Figure that core, with that experience and bringing in the #2 pick in the draft can be very dangerous.

Plus, it's not like they were a team that got old and tired like the Kobe/Pau Lakers and started fading. Their issue was injuries.

Btw, not hearing as much Embiid and Ben can't play together talk anymore. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, a lot was because that same core went to the finals twice before they got KD. Figure that core, with that experience and bringing in the #2 pick in the draft can be very dangerous.

Plus, it's not like they were a team that got old and tired like the Kobe/Pau Lakers and started fading. Their issue was injuries.

True but they are older. And Draymond definitely doesn't look anything like his prime days guys. The big question for me would be the defense. Would Dray and Klay be able to play the dominant D they played 3 or 4 years ago?

Btw, not hearing as much Embiid and Ben can't play together talk anymore. lol

LOL. Yeah that definitely has settled down. Credit to Doc for creating an environment to let them both thrive.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but they are older. And Draymond definitely doesn't look anything like his prime days guys. The big question for me would be the defense. Would Dray and Klay be able to play the dominant D they played 3 or 4 years ago?

LOL. Yeah that definitely has settled down. Credit to Doc for creating an environment to let them both thrive.

What's interesting is that defense doesn't seem to be the problem at all. Warriors have the 4th best defensive rating, but they only rank 20th in offensive rating. Their net rating is the 10th best. If they can get things figured out on offense this season, they might be a dangerous team this year even without Klay.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doc is an underrated coach IMO

And agreed with Robotech, the defense isn't their issue this year. Maybe Kerr can coach after all?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when we gonna talk about the Suns as a true contender?

Too soon? I'll check back in this summer :)

We aren’t going to.

They are having a heck of a season though.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to dethrone the Lakers?

These guys!

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers always scared me the most, they have so much damn talent beyond Kawhi and PG.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers always scared me the most, they have so much damn talent beyond Kawhi and PG.

But they have no chemistry/culture. It's why they tend to struggle late in close games. There's certainly time for them to develop some, but it will have to come from Lue and his coaches. Kawhi's not a leader and PG, though he wants to be one, can't really be taken seriously as a leader.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they have no chemistry/culture. It's why they tend to struggle late in close games. There's certainly time for them to develop some, but it will have to come from Lue and his coaches. Kawhi's not a leader and PG, though he wants to be one, can't really be taken seriously as a leader.

You’re absolutely correct. It’s still scary if someone takes the lead role or they somehow do it collectively. Of course, there still remains chemistry/culture issues but that’s easier to overcome if leadership is addressed.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve come to the conclusion no one is beating Brooklyn

they are virtually unbeatable without KD on the court

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve come to the conclusion no one is beating Brooklyn

they are virtually unbeatable without KD on the court

In the regular season? Sure.

The playoffs are different. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in them playing the kind of defense they will need to play to win a title.