• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team is best fit for Foles?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never questioned his ability - my issue with him is whenever there are injuries (even minor ones), his effectiveness goes in the toilet. Having said that, If JAX made him available, I would maybe consider giving up a 4th but no more than that.
Not a pick. In this thread at least, we're talking a Foles for Fournette swap.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defilipo just signed wit JAX...

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard.... Foles to OAK for a swap of 1st... and then go after the DT from ALABAMA

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard.... Foles to OAK for a swap of 1st... and then go after the DT from ALABAMA

Wow that would be great if we could pull it off; don't think Gruden is THAT crazy though...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that would be great if we could pull it off; don't think Gruden is THAT crazy though...

Any rumors of Foles to Oakland that I have seen does not have us getting their very high #1, but one of the other two (Chicago and Dallas) that are right in the early 20's, I believe.

One thing I still have not shaken yet is if Foles would want to be there in that mess. If he doesn't and there is a chance for that trade the Eagles wouldn't make it.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumors of Foles to Oakland that I have seen does not have us getting their very high #1, but one of the other two (Chicago and Dallas) that are right in the early 20's, I believe.

One thing I still have not shaken yet is if Foles would want to be there in that mess. If he doesn't and there is a chance for that trade the Eagles wouldn't make it.

It's a bit of a unique situation; If the Eagles get the best offer from a team but it's not an ideal fit for him, I think he would opt out and try his luck in FA. However, if it's deal that works for both sides, I think Foles would be willing to work with Roseman to accommodate a trade - we all know that Howie can get quite creative with scenarios like this. Foles' options are extremely limited though.

Jags, Broncos and maybe the Dolphins are the only teams that I can think of that works for Foles, and might be in a position to want to cough up a pick to secure his services working towards a long-term deal.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags, they hired Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo as their OC....he'll tweak their offense and they'll bring in Foles IMO.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, Foles is a free agent. The Eagles have already stated that Wentz is their QB for next season and moving forward. This tells me that they are not likely to use that 20 mil team option of Foles. Unlike this past season, Wentz should be 100% heading into the 2019 season ... they won't tie up 20 million on the backup QB. They are also not going to pick up the 20 mil option then turn around and trade Foles ... they will not do him like that. Plus Foles would simply use the 2 mil buyout if he smells that out and pick his own team to sign with. The Franchise and trade option is the one option I see as a possibility ... but with that tag you are taking a chance that you can't find a trade partner and then you are on the hook for 28 million (assuming Foles signs the tender immediately).

Pretty sure he's not a FA until late Feb or early March.

They could franchise him and then trade him or just let him walk but I dom't think he's a FA just yet.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags, they hired Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo as their OC....he'll tweak their offense and they'll bring in Foles IMO.

I see the Jags leading it for sure at this point. I’ll take a 2nd and 4/5 from them. Only catch I’ve heard is a pesky bit that Coughlin isn’t enamored with Foles.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Jags leading it for sure at this point. I’ll take a 2nd and 4/5 from them. Only catch I’ve heard is a pesky bit that Coughlin isn’t enamored with Foles.

True.

He may be more interested in trading for Carr....

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he's not a FA until late Feb or early March.

They could franchise him and then trade him or just let him walk but I don't think he's a FA just yet.

"Right now" he has no contract with the Eagles, therefor he's in the same boat as any other free agent. However, the Eagles can still retain his rights through either picking up his 20 mil option (which Foles can/would decline by paying the Eagles back 2 mil which would put him back in free agent status) or the Eagles can keep his rights by tagging him. More than likely the Eagles will skip picking up the 20 mil option and simply tag him "after" having found a trade partner. "If" they can't find a trade partner then Foles likely just walks and the Eagles would more than likely get back a 3rd ... but I think the Eagles will find a trade partner before the tagging period and get a deal done.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Right now" he has no contract with the Eagles, therefor he's in the same boat as any other free agent. However, the Eagles can still retain his rights through either picking up his 20 mil option (which Foles can/would decline by paying the Eagles back 2 mil which would put him back in free agent status) or the Eagles can keep his rights by tagging him. More than likely the Eagles will skip picking up the 20 mil option and simply tag him "after" having found a trade partner. "If" they can't find a trade partner then Foles likely just walks and the Eagles would more than likely get back a 3rd ... but I think the Eagles will find a trade partner before the tagging period and get a deal done.
if they tag him and then take it back they wouldn't get a comp pick, which is why he won't be tagged.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they tag him and then take it back they wouldn't get a comp pick, which is why he won't be tagged.

Yep, I think the only way they tag him is if they "already" have a deal in place to trade him. Also, if they tag him and he signs immediately ... the Eagles are on the hook for Franchise money if they can't trade him. There's no way the Eagles can afford to keep Foles on the team making Franchise money.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Eagles will tag Foles which imo means they likely have a trade in place as soon as it's allowed to be announced. Probably recouping the 3rd rounder they traded for Golden Tate. I'm cool with that ... something would be better than just letting him walk and receiving a compensation end of Rd 3 pick in 2020.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville is the best place if we can land Fournette.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be good with a 2nd rnd pick. Fournette is always hurt, even when he was at LSU.
Fournette is the perfect back for Pederson.

He can be the Blount back, take an early load, and catch out of the backfield.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette is the perfect back for Pederson.

He can be the Blount back, take an early load, and catch out of the backfield.

I'd rather have a draft pick. Fournette's damaged goods.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • foles for fournette? or a first? its been reported IF IF they tag him and he doesnt buy it , it will be a third round pick.