• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team is best fit for Foles?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what could we get in a trade?

I'm thinking Jville for a 2nd and something more.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, Foles is a free agent. The Eagles have already stated that Wentz is their QB for next season and moving forward. This tells me that they are not likely to use that 20 mil team option of Foles. Unlike this past season, Wentz should be 100% heading into the 2019 season ... they won't tie up 20 million on the backup QB. They are also not going to pick up the 20 mil option then turn around and trade Foles ... they will not do him like that. Plus Foles would simply use the 2 mil buyout if he smells that out and pick his own team to sign with. The Franchise and trade option is the one option I see as a possibility ... but with that tag you are taking a chance that you can't find a trade partner and then you are on the hook for 28 million (assuming Foles signs the tender immediately).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably get Fournette for Foles actually, they are tired of his act and might even cut him. But I am not sure we want the guy.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville could be a decent option. I kinda like Miami and Denver as possibilities.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, Foles is a free agent. The Eagles have already stated that Wentz is their QB for next season and moving forward. This tells me that they are not likely to use that 20 mil team option of Foles. Unlike this past season, Wentz should be 100% heading into the 2019 season ... they won't tie up 20 million on the backup QB. They are also not going to pick up the 20 mil option then turn around and trade Foles ... they will not do him like that. Plus Foles would simply use the 2 mil buyout if he smells that out and pick his own team to sign with. The Franchise and trade option is the one option I see as a possibility ... but with that tag you are taking a chance that you can't find a trade partner and then you are on the hook for 28 million (assuming Foles signs the tender immediately).

That’s an excellent summation! I’ve been reading a lot on how this possibly could go down just to try to understand it. Well said.

I don’t know that I think finding a trading partner would be tough if they tag him. But I read something about having to send him with a deal ready to go.

Biggest challenge here is that, while this is business, they want to take care of Nick here. And they absolutely should. Maybe that’s part of the “finding a trade partner”....finding the right one.

I think Nick will be open to Jax and Miami, for example. What if those don’t show up for a trade partner?

Optimally I would love to I would to see them levy the 20M and gun buyout and then explore a tag and see. And then fleece the Raiders for one of their firsts. I just don’t know if Nick wants to go to NFL Siberia. And if he doesn’t, they shouldn’t.

If he is free and clear I could really see one of the FL teams.....I could certainly see the Broncos making a decent case too.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s an excellent summation! I’ve been reading a lot on how this possibly could go down just to try to understand it. Well said.

I don’t know that I think finding a trading partner would be tough if they tag him. But I read something about having to send him with a deal ready to go.

Biggest challenge here is that, while this is business, they want to take care of Nick here. And they absolutely should. Maybe that’s part of the “finding a trade partner”....finding the right one.

I think Nick will be open to Jax and Miami, for example. What if those don’t show up for a trade partner?

Optimally I would love to I would to see them levy the 20M and gun buyout and then explore a tag and see. And then fleece the Raiders for one of their firsts. I just don’t know if Nick wants to go to NFL Siberia. And if he doesn’t, they shouldn’t.

If he is free and clear I could really see one of the FL teams.....I could certainly see the Broncos making a decent case too.
Banner had some takes on the different scenarios available.

Q&A with Joe Banner: Trade him? Decline the option? 8...

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true. I think no matter where he ends up he is not going to have the same success that he here. The Eagles were the best fit for him.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver would be the best fit, they've got all the pieces in place to be a contender very quickly again. Loved the Fangio hire there.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it say? I don't want to sign up for the subscription.
Of the 8 scenarios, he viewed the eagles picking up the option, but Foles buying it back and becoming a FA the most likely.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could probably get Fournette for Foles actually, they are tired of his act and might even cut him. But I am not sure we want the guy.

Fournette is a headcase and can't stay healthy. He always seems to have some nagging injury and doesn't play with the same vigor when he is nicked up (which is more often than not)... goes back to his college days too.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver would be the best fit, they've got all the pieces in place to be a contender very quickly again. Loved the Fangio hire there.

I agree with Denver
I'm also a bit biased since I live in the Denver area
I don't care about Denver being a contender but I wouldn't mind seeing Foles play out here
Foles will always be an Eagles legend as others have mentioned
I like Foles - he seems like a good guy - but going forward Eagles future should be in Wentz's hands
However I want to see Foles do well whereeverhe ends up at

Wouldn't it be funny if he landed with an AFC team and then that team with Foles and the Eagles with Wentz ended up facing each other in the Superbowl ?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 8 scenarios, he viewed the eagles picking up the option, but Foles buying it back and becoming a FA the most likely.

Thanks....I balked at the trial for The Atlantic too, but was curious.

That makes sense to the most likely outcome to me as well.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette is a headcase and can't stay healthy. He always seems to have some nagging injury and doesn't play with the same vigor when he is nicked up (which is more often than not)... goes back to his college days too.

I don't want him for these very reasons. Living in the south maybe there was more attention....but I remember some of his petulance at LSU as well.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Denver
I'm also a bit biased since I live in the Denver area
I don't care about Denver being a contender but I wouldn't mind seeing Foles play out here
Foles will always be an Eagles legend as others have mentioned
I like Foles - he seems like a good guy - but going forward Eagles future should be in Wentz's hands
However I want to see Foles do well whereeverhe ends up at

Wouldn't it be funny if he landed with an AFC team and then that team with Foles and the Eagles with Wentz ended up facing each other in the Superbowl ?

That would be awesome - not to mention we would never hear the end of it as Eagle fans if Foles ended up beating Wentz!

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I hope he does not end up in Wash or NY

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leaders here will help show him the way. Game changer for our offense.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leaders here will help show him the way. Game changer for our offense.

Never questioned his ability - my issue with him is whenever there are injuries (even minor ones), his effectiveness goes in the toilet. Having said that, If JAX made him available, I would maybe consider giving up a 4th but no more than that.