• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Should the Titans Do With the Top Pick?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM Ruston Webster is gone and there's real hope in Nashville of not misusing this pick for the first time in a decade.

What do they do with it?

Draft best-available player?

My plan: Take best-available offer with two first-round picks as best-case scenario. The draft best-available cover corner and DE. Use second-round pick for best-available TE, third round for RT.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to know what the coach's new scheme is going to be before anything else. Assuming Joey Bosa fits, I am picking him unless I get a huge haul.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laremy Tunsil, Tackle, Ole Miss

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you back to being a Titans fan since they now have the # 1 pick?

No.

I said fire Webster, fire Whisenhunt, fire Underwood and sell the team.

Then I come back. 'Til then I marvel at the trainwreck.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I said fire Webster, fire Whisenhunt, fire Underwood and sell the team.

Then I come back. 'Til then I marvel at the trainwreck.

Move them to LA :heh:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is EXTREMELY unlikely anyone offers multiple 1st rounders for the #1 overall pick. Hell it is unlikely the Titans will get a single offer in fact since the way the draft order falls I can't imagine a huge demand for any of the players that early.

I guess maybe the Chargers could fall in love with Tunsil enough to offer up a 2nd rounder but I doubt it considering that team has holes all over the place it would be hard for them to part with multiple early picks for a single player.

The Titans should just take Tunsil and kick Lewan over to RT and you have the makings of an elite OL.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is EXTREMELY unlikely anyone offers multiple 1st rounders for the #1 overall pick. Hell it is unlikely the Titans will get a single offer in fact since the way the draft order falls I can't imagine a huge demand for any of the players that early.

I guess maybe the Chargers could fall in love with Tunsil enough to offer up a 2nd rounder but I doubt it considering that team has holes all over the place it would be hard for them to part with multiple early picks for a single player.

The Titans should just take Tunsil and kick Lewan over to RT and you have the makings of an elite OL.

That's an interesting thought for sure. Lewan is a virtual bust at LT. Merciless ate him up.

The problem is that one player isn't enough to make a difference.

And surely you're not serious about not getting a single offer. Last season the Eagles offered half their franchise and it wasn't even the top pick.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Bosa. But can't blame them if they take Tunsil. No one else is in the conversation.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And surely you're not serious about not getting a single offer. Last season the Eagles offered half their franchise and it wasn't even the top pick.

That was all about CK reuniting w Marriotta. There's no stud QB worth selling the farm for this year.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down for a later first round and additional second round pick, throw in Mettenberger as part of a package if they need to. Draft OL and a power running back- Derrick Henry??? with first 2-3 picks then load up on the d-side of the ball. Find a solid veteran back-up QB to mentor Marcus Mariota.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Bosa. But can't blame them if they take Tunsil. No one else is in the conversation.

Neither of those players make a day-one impact on this team worthy of a #1 draft pick. Trade down!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unlikely??? It's a dead solid lock someone does...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Different draft, different players. Goff being a so-so QB prospect really hurts the value of that #1 overall pick. The only way the Titans get a mega-offer is if Goff looks GREAT during the draft process and convinces SF that they need to move up to get him and the Titans can start a bidding war between them and Cleveland.

Just look at the top 10 teams in the draft: Only 2, Cle and SF, need QB's. And if you have the #1 overall pick you CAN NOT trade down out of the top 10 for a bonus 1st rounder in the future. Just not enough value.

If the Eagles were to offer the #13 overall, a future 1st and a 2nd rounder (unlikely that they would anyways), you simply can't make that trade IMO for the #1 overall pick. Not when you have a prospect like Tunsil staring at you who has the potential to be elite.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those players make a day-one impact on this team worthy of a #1 draft pick. Trade down!

If there's an offer, take it. I think u keep the pick and take one of them. Tunsil protecting Marriota should help him immediately, no?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different draft, different players. Goff being a so-so QB prospect really hurts the value of that #1 overall pick. The only way the Titans get a mega-offer is if Goff looks GREAT during the draft process and convinces SF that they need to move up to get him and the Titans can start a bidding war between them and Cleveland.

Just look at the top 10 teams in the draft: Only 2, Cle and SF, need QB's. And if you have the #1 overall pick you CAN NOT trade down out of the top 10 for a bonus 1st rounder in the future. Just not enough value.

If the Eagles were to offer the #13 overall, a future 1st and a 2nd rounder (unlikely that they would anyways), you simply can't make that trade IMO for the #1 overall pick. Not when you have a prospect like Tunsil staring at you who has the potential to be elite.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to sitting down and studying this when I have some time.

Future picks might offer them more options on trading out. It's just much more fun knowing that someone, anyone other than Ruston Webster will be making this pick.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Lynch is the first QB off the board, Goff second. But with the Browns making that pick, who knows.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely??? It's a dead solid lock someone does...

It's a lock that some news source leaks that the Titans were offered that much.....but I doubt anyone actually does it.

Name a team in the top 10 where you would trade up to the #1 overall pick if you were their GM using a future 1st rounder and who would you take? Most of the time it doesn't make sense.

That whole NFL draft value chart that was written decades ago just makes it too hard to trade up into the #1 overall pick because the team holding that pick demands the world and then some. That is why it is so infrequent that top 5 picks get traded. Sure Adam Shefter and Chris Morteson will report that teams are "hot" after this or that pick but IMO it is usually just so much BS.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's an offer, take it. I think u keep the pick and take one of them. Tunsil protecting Marriota should help him immediately, no?

IF Lewan can slide to the right, yes. We have a good OL coach and Tunsil could very well have an exponential effect on that line.

You might be on to something.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to draft offensive linemen to protect Mariota. Anything else is just bells and whistles.