• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Should be Roughing the passer

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't intentionally hit the head and don't commit to a hit after the ball is thrown. If the knees are fair game for anyone else they should for QBs.

That should be it.

Or, penalize QBs who initiate helmet-to-helmet or linemen who block them into the knees if the NFL is serious.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what happened to Russell Wilson, or what Clay Matthews did last week or this week

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't intentionally hit the head and don't commit to a hit after the ball is thrown.

That should be it.

Pretty much this.

This whole sacking the QB but putting too much body weight on him roughing the passer penalty has got to go and be gone yesterday.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Son laughed. He watching some highlights & I guess the bills threw a QB to the ground. He said you can bounce the QB off the ground & that is legal as long as you catch him! But dont fall down with him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this because it would certainly cause more controversy. But I think officials need to be able to use intent as part of the infraction.

Starting at the head this crap of touching the helmet is ridiculous. There is a big difference between a head slap and incidental contact when a player tries to swat a ball and gets the head,

I have no issue with the picking a QB up and driving him into the turf. Or forcibly throwing him to the ground. Having said that the ref should be allowed to flag it if he feels the defensive player was trying to injure the QB or any player for that matter. It'd be difficult to police but could be done. Maybe the NFL can call it a defensive "football move"?

I don't like the hurling/diving at any players knees. Similar to players launching themselves like a projectile. shoulder first. Put your arms out and wrap up. At least make it look like you're not a human projectile. This one would be the toughest of all to police I think?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this because it would certainly cause more controversy. But I think officials need to be able to use intent as part of the infraction.

Starting at the head this crap of touching the helmet is ridiculous. There is a big difference between a head slap and incidental contact when a player tries to swat a ball and gets the head,

I have no issue with the picking a QB up and driving him into the turf. Or forcibly throwing him to the ground. Having said that the ref should be allowed to flag it if he feels the defensive player was trying to injure the QB or any player for that matter. It'd be difficult to police but could be done. Maybe the NFL can call it a defensive "football move"?

I don't like the hurling/diving at any players knees. Similar to players launching themselves like a projectile. shoulder first. Put your arms out and wrap up. At least make it look like you're not a human projectile. This one would be the toughest of all to police I think?

I have no issue with the picking a QB up and driving him into the turf. Or forcibly throwing him to the ground. Having said that the ref should be allowed to flag it if he feels the defensive player was trying to injure the QB

WTF other reason would there be to pick a player up and body slam him into the ground?

Hit a QB as hard as you can but that shit just ends seasons and careers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with the picking a QB up and driving him into the turf. Or forcibly throwing him to the ground. Having said that the ref should be allowed to flag it if he feels the defensive player was trying to injure the QB

WTF other reason would there be to pick a player up and body slam him into the ground?

Hit a QB as hard as you can but that shit just ends seasons and careers.

I just don't think it's that black and white is all. An example would be a 195# safety attempting to tackle a 240# (not including equipment) QB. Safety is trying to get him down, QB keeps fighting and either gets rid of the ball or makes a completion. The only mechanism for the safety has is to lift and dump the QB in order to stop the potential pass. Again it's all about intent.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think it's that black and white is all. An example would be a 195# safety attempting to tackle a 240# (not including equipment) QB. Safety is trying to get him down, QB keeps fighting and either gets rid of the ball or makes a completion. The only mechanism for the safety has is to lift and dump the QB in order to stop the potential pass. Again it's all about intent.

I'll be very specific. The hit that ended Jimmy Garappolo's season and the one that ended Aaron Rodger's. It all depends upon whether you see physical punishment as part of the game. Indeed, physical intimidation can gain an advantage and has been a thing of years past but there is no football-strategic advantage to it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G hurt himself before being hit. How is that illegal?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very specific. The hit that ended Jimmy Garappolo's season and the one that ended Aaron Rodger's. It all depends upon whether you see physical punishment as part of the game. Indeed, physical intimidation can gain an advantage and has been a thing of years past but there is no football-strategic advantage to it.

Specific?

Jimmy G's was a non contact hit.

Blame the turf not the players.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to make it fair the QB should be down if any defensive player touches him with 2 hands if the QB is still holding the ball

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specific?

Jimmy G's was a non contact hit.

Blame the turf not the players.

Well after the ball was gone the tackler pile-drove him into the ground with all of his force and weight in an attempt to deliver physical punishment. Fact.

Whether you accept that as part of the game is the only discussion.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything...including menacing looks and cursing at them

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today we had 2 cheesy roughing calls, one on Wilson, and one where the Seahawk simply pushed Zack down, I mean for the love of god, WHO are the people pushing this crap ? Competition committee needs some checks and balances...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after the ball was gone the tackler pile-drove him into the ground with all of his force and weight in an attempt to deliver physical punishment. Fact.

Whether you accept that as part of the game is the only discussion.

What are you talking about? Did someone spike your Midol?