• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what RG3 need to do

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he needs to get his game to russel wilson's level

he is the perfect balance of pocket passing , movement (extending plays) and pulling it down to run and staying safe

if Rg3 can master that he will be in contention for a long time :suds:

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he needs to get his game to russel wilson's level

he is the perfect balance of pocket passing , movement (extending plays) and pulling it down to run and staying safe

if Rg3 can master that he will be in contention for a long time :suds:

I totally agree! I saw the game at 10:00p and I just shook my head. Russell Wilson is not a spectacular QB. However, he knows how to make the throw at the time. Not to mention, he not only runs, when he has to, but knows how to be careful, while doing so. RGIII needs to learn to be more careful, when he does run. Slide or just go out of bounds!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been advocating this for two years. I believe I said I am not a Pete Carroll fan but he deserves credit for finding a way to make Wilson a good QB. If you look at Wilson's statistics he is not very good as a pure drob back QB because of his height. Carroll and his coaches practice what they call "off schedule" plays which plays right into Wilson's strengths. This is the type of QB Griffin was in college. He didn't even have a play book. He was great at ad libbing and making throws after the play broke down.

One of the things we heard on several occasions last year was Robert didn't throw well on the run or more specifically he did not focus on the WRs down field when he was scrambling. That would have to happen. Then you would have to coach the WRs how to break off their intended route to best help the QB. If the defense is in man and all turn and run down field then Griffin can run to the empty space but he has to be smart enough to get down or run out of bounds when challenged by the D.

That is up to Gruden to coach him that way.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things. Wilson is a very heady player. He knows what he can do and he knows what he can't. He does and excellent job of playing his game. Second, he doesn't feel the need that he has to win the game by himself. When a play breaks down, he doesn't try and take it all the way. He takes what the play gives him. By doing this, he avoids both injury and major mistakes. Robert needs to learn both of these traits.

I am becoming a Wilson fan. I originally thought he was a byproduct of the system, but I now see he is much more than that.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things. Wilson is a very heady player. He knows what he can do and he knows what he can't. He does and excellent job of playing his game. Second, he doesn't feel the need that he has to win the game by himself. When a play breaks down, he doesn't try and take it all the way. He takes what the play gives him. By doing this, he avoids both injury and major mistakes. Robert needs to learn both of these traits.

I am becoming a Wilson fan. I originally thought he was a byproduct of the system, but I now see he is much more than that.

j_y you are 100% correct. It would not just be a plug and play situation. He would have to be coached and be willing to play under the same parameters that Wilson recognizes and plays under. Robert has to do the same thing if he becomes only a pocket passer.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y you are 100% correct. It would not just be a plug and play situation. He would have to be coached and be willing to play under the same parameters that Wilson recognizes and plays under. Robert has to do the same thing if he becomes only a pocket passer.

The good news is that it appears Robert is trying to do more of this. We need to expect some mistakes. He is basically learning a new position and things are moving very fast for him. There will be times this year that he hangs onto the ball too long or he forces a throw into coverage because he just didn't read the situation right. What we need to look for is for these types of mistakes become fewer as the season goes along. I expect Gruden will rely heavily on the run game for the better part of the 1st half of the season as RG3 becomes more comfortable. That will draw more situations where there will be 8 in the box defensively. That will open up the seam between the LBs and the safeties. This is where Reed will live and make his money (if he stays healthy).

Mistakes due to growing pains I can live with. Mistakes due to ego I will have an issue with.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uck russell wilson'rg3 needs to be rg3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been advocating this for two years. I believe I said I am not a Pete Carroll fan but he deserves credit for finding a way to make Wilson a good QB. If you look at Wilson's statistics he is not very good as a pure drob back QB because of his height. Carroll and his coaches practice what they call "off schedule" plays which plays right into Wilson's strengths. This is the type of QB Griffin was in college. He didn't even have a play book. He was great at ad libbing and making throws after the play broke down.

One of the things we heard on several occasions last year was Robert didn't throw well on the run or more specifically he did not focus on the WRs down field when he was scrambling. That would have to happen. Then you would have to coach the WRs how to break off their intended route to best help the QB. If the defense is in man and all turn and run down field then Griffin can run to the empty space but he has to be smart enough to get down or run out of bounds when challenged by the D.

That is up to Gruden to coach him that way.

The good news is that it appears Robert is trying to do more of this. We need to expect some mistakes. He is basically learning a new position and things are moving very fast for him. There will be times this year that he hangs onto the ball too long or he forces a throw into coverage because he just didn't read the situation right. What we need to look for is for these types of mistakes become fewer as the season goes along. I expect Gruden will rely heavily on the run game for the better part of the 1st half of the season as RG3 becomes more comfortable. That will draw more situations where there will be 8 in the box defensively. That will open up the seam between the LBs and the safeties. This is where Reed will live and make his money (if he stays healthy).

Mistakes due to growing pains I can live with. Mistakes due to ego I will have an issue with.

I agree and am :hope: like mad and rooting for Griff!!!!

HTTR and go #10...heh heh

image.jpg