• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What OF might get called up?

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The McCovey Chronicles are always good for a laugh. There's currently an article : Who could the Giants call up to help in the outfield? - McCovey Chronicles

After mentioning Darren Ford and Kevin Frandsen, he gets to :

John Bowker – He's not even with the Giants organization anymore. If you're wondering, "Wait, he was back with the Giants organization this year?" then CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully guessed the motto of the 2015 Sacramento River Cats. Please enjoy this complimentary Guillermo Quiroz.

Remember that Ishikawa was in Sac to start off the year, so it's a pretty valid motto ...

I think the actual answer though is "nobody", as Bochy made it pretty clear that Belt is the starting LF, Posey the starting 1B, and Susac the starting C (at least in the near term, until the injured OFers starting coming back).

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The McCovey Chronicles are always good for a laugh. There's currently an article : Who could the Giants call up to help in the outfield? - McCovey Chronicles

After mentioning Darren Ford and Kevin Frandsen, he gets to :

John Bowker – He's not even with the Giants organization anymore. If you're wondering, "Wait, he was back with the Giants organization this year?" then CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully guessed the motto of the 2015 Sacramento River Cats. Please enjoy this complimentary Guillermo Quiroz.

Remember that Ishikawa was in Sac to start off the year, so it's a pretty valid motto ...

I think the actual answer though is "nobody", as Bochy made it pretty clear that Belt is the starting LF, Posey the starting 1B, and Susac the starting C (at least in the near term, until the injured OFers starting coming back).

I like Bochy's idea here, and I'm wondering if the powers that be will even make a deal in July. Remember (in my opinion) they didn't go into 2015 thinking we must win at all costs. 3 in 5 buys you some patience. I think they'd rather hold on to this young core coming up to be good for many years rather than trade it away for a super expensive player or a 1 and done player. I like it: keep Susac, Duffy, Beede, Heston, Belt (and let him learn LF, Susac maybe becomes the primary C), Strickland, etc.

Next year a lot of guys move on: Affeldt, Lincecum, Hudson, probably Vogelsong and Casilla too. Let's replenish with young talent and try to be good for 5 more years not roll the dice on 2015.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the June 10 GDT...

Just throwing this name out there - Ryan Lollis. I see some good numbers, but I know absolutely nothing about him.

Seriously? Lollis? The dude was a 37th round pick. No way he gets called...

What?...

He did?...

Today?...

Good call, Stokesie! I agree. The kid should get a look-see.

You're welcome.