• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What makes 2020 successful for the Broncos

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the first rule of this discussion is let’s assume some semblance of a normal 16 game season starting relatively on time. i know that’s a huge variable right now but I’d rather not fret over the possibilities that are beyond my control. So let’s talk about what would make us conclude this was a successful season.

For me it’s simple: a record of at least 9-7 COMBINED WITH a playoff spot.

It’s time to get back into the playoffs and above .500 again. With this being the second year in Fangio’s defense I expect that unit to be even better than it was last year. On offense I expect an up and down season with so much youth, which is why my threshold for a successful season is just 9-7. With the addition of a 7th playoff seed 9-7 is probably a playoff qualifying record. Playing as the 7th seed would also mean drawing a team that likely went 12-4 or better in the regular season, so that would be a daunting task for this young team. But it would also be a very exciting gauge to the future of the franchise.

Going into that game all of us would want to see a win. But even if the Broncos fell short I think we’d all have to conclude it was still a successful season if that’s how it turns out. Something a young team can build on.

What’s your threshold?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the playoffs - pure and simple.

Somewhere around mid-season - have Drew Lock - locked in on his receivers - with the oline gelling. Better to be hot at the end of the season than at the beginning.

A healthy year in the Denver Bronco's secondary will be important. Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson are keys in big play making.

Reactions: CEH

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the playoffs - pure and simple.

Somewhere around mid-season - have Drew Lock - locked in on his receivers - with the oline gelling. Better to be hot at the end of the season than at the beginning.

A healthy year in the Denver Bronco's secondary will be important. Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson are keys in big play making.
I would agree. Make the playoffs

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win the SB:suds:

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are so many variables that even if the record is not good enough for a play off spot that we can have a successful season. Like was mentioned earlier there is a lot of youth on Offense and a new OC in a year that there were no OTAs or mini camps.

To me this will be a successful season if we show growth on offense. I don't think it would be completely shocking if there are a lot of struggles to start they year on offense, and as we have seen it is hard to win games if you don't score points.

If the offense can pick up where they left off at the end of last year, and improve from there we will be in great shape to have a record above .500 and making the playoffs.