• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Lincoln Riley sold his soul for

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a dump

4ee8964b48e29fcd45c2dadf00f1afb8.gif

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what we're seeing so far, yes.

I can agree with that. USC will see an immediate improvement based partly on Riley's offensive talent and partly because of the offensive talent he brought with him from Oklahoma. That and it is hard not to improve on a losing season with that talent.

Will USC fans still feel that way 2-3 seasons from now? We'll find out.

That is the rub isn't it? Lincoln inhereted a very good team from Bob and to be fair I think he was saddled with Mike Stoops in part because of Bob. But, even after he got rid of Mike, Grinch under preformed with the talent he had. And Oklahoma slowly declined after Riley took over and got his players and coaches in place.

I expect Riley will hit a plateau at USC much as he did at Oklahoma. If the USC and it's fans are good with that more power to them. The only grudge I hold is with Riley, not that he left but, how he left.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. USC will see an immediate improvement based partly on Riley's offensive talent and partly because of the offensive talent he brought with him from Oklahoma. That and it is hard not to improve on a losing season with that talent.

That is the rub isn't it? Lincoln inhereted a very good team from Bob and to be fair I think he was saddled with Mike Stoops in part because of Bob. But, even after he got rid of Mike, Grinch under preformed with the talent he had. And Oklahoma slowly declined after Riley took over and got his players and coaches in place.

I expect Riley will hit a plateau at USC much as he did at Oklahoma. If the USC and it's fans are good with that more power to them. The only grudge I hold is with Riley, not that he left but, how he left.
That was a suck-ass way to leave a program. Pretty much the same with Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame for LSU. But I think the transition for the Irish should go much smoother than the shakeup at Oklahoma.

Riley should have little opposition out west, except for Oregon & Utah. At one time you could have put Arizona St. in the equation before their program started falling apart. UCLA & a couple of other teams in the Pac-North are still capable of throwing a monkey wrench into the works, but most years the conference championship should come down to whoever manages to emerge from the Oregon-Utah-USC bundle. It may not make a difference, playoff-wise, for a couple of years, unless one of those teams is able to run the table & do so in a dominant fashion.

Riley took the USC job for pretty much the following reasons:
1. He didn't want to coach in the SEC.
2. USC paid him a shitload of money.
3. He's got a pretty good trend of reversing the trend of SoCal recruits going elsewhere to play.
4. His competition is pretty much on the same level as the Mountain West, so wins should come easier.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a suck-ass way to leave a program. Pretty much the same with Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame for LSU. But I think the transition for the Irish should go much smoother than the shakeup at Oklahoma.

Riley should have little opposition out west, except for Oregon & Utah. At one time you could have put Arizona St. in the equation before their program started falling apart. UCLA & a couple of other teams in the Pac-North are still capable of throwing a monkey wrench into the works, but most years the conference championship should come down to whoever manages to emerge from the Oregon-Utah-USC bundle. It may not make a difference, playoff-wise, for a couple of years, unless one of those teams is able to run the table & do so in a dominant fashion.

Riley took the USC job for pretty much the following reasons:
1. He didn't want to coach in the SEC.
2. USC paid him a shitload of money.
3. He's got a pretty good trend of reversing the trend of SoCal recruits going elsewhere to play.
4. His competition is pretty much on the same level as the Mountain West, so wins should come easier.
Two reasons. More money and living in and coaching So Cal. In what other universe or job would someone need more reasons . You guys are hilarious.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lightly used soul for sale. One owner. All I'm asking for is a beachfront 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo in Sarasota. Hell I'll settle for a house on a canal.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to regret have 4 separate kitchen counter spaces all spread out like that.

It takes like 3 times the amount of steps & time to make anything ....plus you have that many more counters to clean.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to regret have 4 separate kitchen counter spaces all spread out like that.

It takes like 3 times the amount of steps & time to make anything ....plus you have that many more counters to clean.

On the other hand, running out of counter space isn't likely to ever be a problem.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two reasons. More money and living in and coaching So Cal. In what other universe or job would someone need more reasons . You guys are hilarious.
Not everybody on the planet sees living in & coaching in SoCal as a big enticement, despite all the top-notch high school athletes in the area.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can beg all you want. It won't change the fact that most prefer LA. Especially those who are young and wealthy.
If that's the case, then why has it taken so long for USC to attract a quality coach?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, then why has it taken so long for USC to attract a quality coach?

Back to back idiot AD's.

Pat Haden was the one who hired Kiffin and then Sark. Can't put too much blame directly on him because there were viable reasons to hire each and they were initially considered to be at least solid hires. What Haden can be blamed for in that was the way he handled firing Kiffin and not properly vetting Sark. Apparently, folks at UW knew about Sarks alcohol issues, but Haden didn't really look into anything before hiring him.

Then, when Lynn Swann decided to remove the interim label from Clay Helton (which was actually a good move at the time because we needed an adult in charge), he gave him an expensive extension (it was one of his last acts as AD) that he hadn't really earned, combined with the Covid year it basically forced Bohn to keep Helton a couple of seasons longer than anyone liked.