• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the great NFL player?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread is exactly what has been said. You can read it anyway you like. There is no agenda. What I posted above is just an example of what makes players not great.

The question remains, who are the great players nobody talks about? What makes a great player? Surely, sitting out, costing teams millions does not apply? Used the current issue as an example because am tired of people talking about how that QB is a great player. Have seen nothing in that respect.

Ok, then just say you don't think DeSean Watson is a great player. It's not that difficult.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does any NFL player qualify for the Koufax exception?
Sterling Sharpe should be a HOFer imo.

Bob Sanders shouldn’t. But he was a great player who would’ve been if he’d played most of more than two seasons.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling Sharpe should be a HOFer imo.

Bob Sanders shouldn’t. But he was a great player who would’ve been if he’d played most of more than two seasons.

When Sterling Sharpe played, I feel that only Rice was better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you comparing him to Marino? Funny. He needs to do a lot more to be even in the same sentence as Marino, who in my book was a great player. Shitty ownership and coaches held Marino back, IMO.
Did I compare him to Marino? Nope. Using Marino as an example. He didn’t have the team around him most years to compete and when he did he faced loaded teams

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then just say you don't think DeSean Watson is a great player. It's not that difficult.
Plus, “his example” is basically saying bc of the allegations he isn’t a great player. Seems like an agenda thread. Either way Watson has been on some bad teams and had the worst OL in the NFL most years. We will see what he can do with more talent around him. I think at one point, he is in the discussion for a top 5 QB, now he needs to prove he can still be that guy.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, “his example” is basically saying bc of the allegations he isn’t a great player. Seems like an agenda thread. Either way Watson has been on some bad teams and had the worst OL in the NFL most years. We will see what he can do with more talent around him. I think at one point, he is in the discussion for a top 5 QB, now he needs to prove he can still be that guy.
I guess what I tried to say is that because of the allegations he is not “as great” as others who never faced accusations of that sort. More a personality thing.

Strictly as a player, he is good, but have always said I believe he is overrated and lacks leadership qualities.

No agenda, really. As you said, he still needs to prove he is top 5. If he plays lights out and helps the the Browns become significantly more competitive, then will admit I was wrong.