• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Kelce worth vs a draft pick?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking to up grade at either WR or TE in a league that is standard scoring and the starting positions are:

upload_2020-3-4_15-53-12.png

Since you can only start 2 RBs as best I'm looking at ways to up grade at other positions. Have Cook, Chubbs, Carson and Guice. I guess a upgrade at RB3 would be OK, but think I'm better served to upgrade at other positions. I have the 1.5. The Kittle owner said after the NFL draft he thinks we could work out a trade, but sounds like he wants a bit more then the 1.5.
I'm not one to just sit and wait, so after looking at WRs I've concluded it would be hard to get the upgrade I desire for the 1.5. Which brings me to Kelce. I have Goedert at TE presently, so Kelce would be a nice upgrade, but he's getting up in age. Is he worth the 1.5 ? Or worth more ? Could I ask him to throw in a aging player like Ingram ?
Presently my WRs are Hopkins, Curtis Samuel, Sanders and Parris Campbell. I just traded for Aaron Rogers for a QB ( a position that has killed me since year one).
What you all think?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking to up grade at either WR or TE in a league that is standard scoring and the starting positions are:

View attachment 234293

Since you can only start 2 RBs as best I'm looking at ways to up grade at other positions. Have Cook, Chubbs, Carson and Guice. I guess a upgrade at RB3 would be OK, but think I'm better served to upgrade at other positions. I have the 1.5. The Kittle owner said after the NFL draft he thinks we could work out a trade, but sounds like he wants a bit more then the 1.5.
I'm not one to just sit and wait, so after looking at WRs I've concluded it would be hard to get the upgrade I desire for the 1.5. Which brings me to Kelce. I have Goedert at TE presently, so Kelce would be a nice upgrade, but he's getting up in age. Is he worth the 1.5 ? Or worth more ? Could I ask him to throw in a aging player like Ingram ?
Presently my WRs are Hopkins, Curtis Samuel, Sanders and Parris Campbell. I just traded for Aaron Rogers for a QB ( a position that has killed me since year one).
What you all think?
Is this the league your loaded in and came in second last year? If so pull the trigger.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might mention that I have a hard time doing trades in this league. Many are not inclined to make trades, the few that do value players very differently then I do.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the league your loaded in and came in second last year? If so pull the trigger.

No not in this league. It was strange but a lot teams had the same record going into the final week. Win I get a bye , lose I'm out of the playoffs. I lost.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By pulling the trigger you mean make the trade offer , right? Nobody sends me offers in this league.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By pulling the trigger you mean make the trade offer , right? Nobody sends me offers in this league.
well yeah. I thought this was the league gunnign to win now, still think hes an upgrade over goedert. Yeah thats good IMHO the trade u offered

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up 1.6 is the best pick i'd give and only if i thought it would bring me the championship this year or next. I would definitely accept your offer with the Eagles receiver issues I expect Goedert to get a big up tick in routes run and the top 5 in this draft all seem pretty safe.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yeah. I thought this was the league gunnign to win now, still think hes an upgrade over goedert. Yeah thats good IMHO the trade u offered

This league been a challenge. I haven't done well in it. Only starting one Rb really changes things. For example the trade market for RBs isn't that good, because most everyone has a good RB. Last year was the first year for adding the flex position. These guys are old time FF players with old time scoring and beliefs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up 1.6 is the best pick i'd give and only if i thought it would bring me the championship this year or next. I would definitely accept your offer with the Eagles receiver issues I expect Goedert to get a big up tick in routes run and the top 5 in this draft all seem pretty safe.

Well I don't really need another RB and rookie WRs are such gamble. I really want to trade that pick for either a veteran WR or TE. The big problems are the WRs I'd want are on teams that don't trade. Believe me when I say only starting one RB really changes things.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a regular league I'd agree about no higher then 1.6. Been a fan of Goedert but sort of getting tired of waiting for his breakout season and Ertz holding him back.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't really need another RB and rookie WRs are such gamble. I really want to trade that pick for either a veteran WR or TE. The big problems are the WRs I'd want are on teams that don't trade. Believe me when I say only starting one RB really changes things.

Smart. Yeah if you can get Kittle or Kelce for not much more than a 1.5 in a dynasty, you do it every time.

Go look at the last 3 drafts rookie rankings in fantasy. Depending what list you are looking you are talking about guys like Corey Davis, Samje Perine, Royce Freeman, Rashad Penny, Daryll Henderson, NKele Harry.

And in the league format that you have with only 1 starting RB, you can make a case that those 2 top high end TE's like those 2 are more important than any other player (other than Mahomes and Jackson).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a regular league I'd agree about no higher then 1.6. Been a fan of Goedert but sort of getting tired of waiting for his breakout season and Ertz holding him back.
Imho they had receiver issues all year. His targets and catches were relatively steady. His breakout came with ertz hurt. ertz is not hurt now.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up the 1.5 for Kelce in dynasty, not at his age. I think the trade you offered is fair though. Honestly if you can't get Kittle, then I'd try and go after Waller. He's younger and he already gets a ton of targets. And if Brady ends up in Las Vegas with him that would be even better for his value. You shouldn't have to give up the 1.5 for him though. What other picks do you have or is there somebody else that the guy with Waller has that you could package with him to make it worth the 1.5?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you all think?
Personally, I wouldn't do 1.5 for him. Outside of Hopkins and somewhat Samuel, your WR's are pretty weak. Sanders is on the downhill side of things and plays for a run-first team - and at this point Campbell is a shot in the dark - so I'd be looking at the top WR left on the board (or maybe you turn it into a high tier vet during the draft). Not knowing what other picks you have, like Bandit indicated, you may be able to use one of them for a much lower priced TE like Waller or Hooper. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move on from Goedert, he's pretty darn good in his own right and if Ertz goes down he is a weekly starter - plus Philly may just use him in the slot or go with more 2 TE sets (their receivers haven't done them any favors). ...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goedert finished as a top 12 TE last year playing in a complimentary role to Ertz for most of the season.

agree with lefty, not jumping the gun on ditching the young potential stud TE in the making.
He was highly touted coming out of college as the best TE in his class, just unfortunately landed in Philly.

Ertz has been seeing frequent dings/missed games over the last couple years.
Could do a lot worse than holding his heir apparent that also has a role while he's waiting to take over.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up the 1.5 for Kelce in dynasty, not at his age. I think the trade you offered is fair though. Honestly if you can't get Kittle, then I'd try and go after Waller. He's younger and he already gets a ton of targets. And if Brady ends up in Las Vegas with him that would be even better for his value. You shouldn't have to give up the 1.5 for him though. What other picks do you have or is there somebody else that the guy with Waller has that you could package with him to make it worth the 1.5?
The owner that has Waller is really high on him and Waller is the only TE on his roster. Think he'd want a lot more than I'd like to give TBH.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I wouldn't do 1.5 for him. Outside of Hopkins and somewhat Samuel, your WR's are pretty weak. Sanders is on the downhill side of things and plays for a run-first team - and at this point Campbell is a shot in the dark - so I'd be looking at the top WR left on the board (or maybe you turn it into a high tier vet during the draft). Not knowing what other picks you have, like Bandit indicated, you may be able to use one of them for a much lower priced TE like Waller or Hooper. I wouldn't be in a hurry to move on from Goedert, he's pretty darn good in his own right and if Ertz goes down he is a weekly starter - plus Philly may just use him in the slot or go with more 2 TE sets (their receivers haven't done them any favors). ...

Campbell is a good example of why I don't care much for rookie WRs. He went high and early last years rookie drafts. Now he's a shot in the dark. Be different drafting a rookie WR if it was a luxury and your roster is looking good without him. I might end up going this route yet. I'm starting to lean on staying put until after the NFL draft. Maybe even wait right up to draft day or just before.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goedert finished as a top 12 TE last year playing in a complimentary role to Ertz for most of the season.

agree with lefty, not jumping the gun on ditching the young potential stud TE in the making.
He was highly touted coming out of college as the best TE in his class, just unfortunately landed in Philly.

Ertz has been seeing frequent dings/missed games over the last couple years.
Could do a lot worse than holding his heir apparent that also has a role while he's waiting to take over.

Oh I like Goedert as a hold mostly. Own him in several leagues. However for this season I don't want him being my starting TE, be fine holding onto him as the back up. If I can swing something like that, but odds are if some trades his stud TE to me, he'll likely want Goedert as part of the package.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancelled my offer for Kelce/ Ingram package. Going to wait tell draft day is closer to see what the 1.5 can bring in return.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell is a good example of why I don't care much for rookie WRs. He went high and early last years rookie drafts. Now he's a shot in the dark. Be different drafting a rookie WR if it was a luxury and your roster is looking good without him. I might end up going this route yet. I'm starting to lean on staying put until after the NFL draft. Maybe even wait right up to draft day or just before.
Well, injuries and bad QB play kind of derailed him, but he was never really part of the offense anyway. Could be another Corey Davis or perhaps with a big upgrade at QB he does a D. Parker turnaround. .... guess time will tell.