• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Gerald McCoy worth ?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking $8M or less.You don't get paid on past performance.

Never said a player did. Just saying Suh got $14M last year, no way Mccoy or even Suh gets only $5M. I said from the start wouldn't be suprised $8-10, but with incentives up to around $14 or so. Suh and McCoy were #20 and #28 for DI according to PFF last year. Still very above average.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In 2017 and 2018, the former Oklahoma Sooner has earned pass-rush grades of 79.8 and 77.8 from his work against pure pass sets, which rank 13th and 15th, respectively, among interior defensive linemen. His pass-rush win rate (21.8%) over the entirety of that span ranks 10th among his peers — proof that he’s still more than capable of pushing the pocket for a tenth NFL season."

McCoy is still a big threat to QB's especially in a role where he is alongside a dominant front and won't need to be the best player like he was in TB.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd obviously be ecstatic with either Suh or Mccoy

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said a player did. Just saying Suh got $14M last year, no way Mccoy or even Suh gets only $5M. I said from the start wouldn't be suprised $8-10, but with incentives up to around $14 or so. Suh and McCoy were #20 and #28 for DI according to PFF last year. Still very above average.
Dontari Poe and Malik Jackson are scheduled to make $10M.

Danny Shelton was scheduled to make $12 before he was cut. Now he's scheduled to make just over $1M with $75k guarenteed.

Suh played alongside Donald and Fowler and was meh. Good luck to any team signing him for anything close to $8M. That team will be doing the rest of the NFL a favor.

Don't be so defensive. I never said you said what salaries are based on.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably sign a 1 year $500K contract with New England and we'll get to watch Brady in the Super Bowl again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dontari Poe and Malik Jackson are scheduled to make $10M.

Danny Shelton was scheduled to make $12 before he was cut. Now he's scheduled to make just over $1M with $75k guarenteed.

Suh played alongside Donald and Fowler and was meh. Good luck to any team signing him for anything close to $8M. That team will be doing the rest of the NFL a favor.

Don't be so defensive. I never said you said what salaries are based on.

Not defensive at all but you make it out he is a scrub. That isn't even close to the case. Again he was the best DL on a bad team, put him on a good team where he doesn't have to play so many snaps and it might surprise you.

You are kinda proving my point. Poe was the #66 DI and Jackson was #85 DI rated PFF. So Mccoy was better but he won't get anything close to $8M on probably a one year deal LOL

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defensive at all but you make it out he is a scrub. That isn't even close to the case. Again he was the best DL on a bad team, put him on a good team where he doesn't have to play so many snaps and it might surprise you.

You are kinda proving my point. Poe was the #66 DI and Jackson was #85 DI rated PFF. So Mccoy was better but he won't get anything close to $8M on probably a one year deal LOL

I guess we shall see? Suh's performance has dropped each and every year. LA not resigning him should tell you something. He was nonexsitent in the SB and pretty much the entire year on that D. You're kidding yourself if you think he's worth $8M+. He's also 32 and will be 33 before seasons end. He's quickly becoming a rotational player.
Jackson and Poe are just two examples of younger players, both under 30 and come without the onfield baggage Suh brings. I wouldn't take Suh at vet minimum.
There is nothing he shows me that he will give anywhere near 100% for whatever team he plays for. He's had the big contract and didn't play up to it. He played on a SB contender, surrounded by superstars and didn't show up. He may get paid but he'll continue to take plays off and continue to decline.

Again good luck to whomever picks him up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs released him today rather than pay him the 13M he was owed . I've read Browns, Chargers , Jags, Falcons, Patriots and Cowboys mentioned . Hes 31 so not getting a long term deal but what's he worth on a 1 year now ? 8M? 10M?

Thoughts ?

This has been brewing every since Arians took over. If Suh (one player TB is looking at to replace him) played for $14 mil LY...that should be trimmed down to about $9 mil per and imo McCoy is a better option right now so some where between $8 and $10 mil per. Both are similar ages.

Not much buzz on him locally, maybe because ATL doesn't have the cap space anyway....he'd be a great fit next to Grady.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was better, but Idk...I initially thought $8 to 10 mil, but now that I think about the time of year...lot of cap space is eaten up...still might be close to $8 mil. The backup DE for PIT Alualu is making $2.1 mil or so and not playing nearly as many snaps...I can see McCoy at $6mil+ if he's expected to started.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take Suh at vet minimum.

Fair, but you just don't like Suh based on that comment.

He turned it up LY near the end of the season, but playing NT in 34, your stats are not going to be much better than his were. He was never worth the contract MIA gave him, and I'm surprised the Rams picked him up at the pay level he was at. Suh will get picked up.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, but you just don't like Suh based on that comment.

He turned it up LY near the end of the season, but playing NT in 34, your stats are not going to be much better than his were. He was never worth the contract MIA gave him, and I'm surprised the Rams picked him up at the pay level he was at. Suh will get picked up.

Oh no doubt I do not like him.

Agree someone will pick him up. At what cost is the only question. He's still an asset, he's just not close to being a dominant full-time player any longer.

Most 34 defenses don't have that much talent around them. He should've had better numbers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we shall see? Suh's performance has dropped each and every year. LA not resigning him should tell you something. He was nonexsitent in the SB and pretty much the entire year on that D. You're kidding yourself if you think he's worth $8M+. He's also 32 and will be 33 before seasons end. He's quickly becoming a rotational player.
Jackson and Poe are just two examples of younger players, both under 30 and come without the onfield baggage Suh brings. I wouldn't take Suh at vet minimum.
There is nothing he shows me that he will give anywhere near 100% for whatever team he plays for. He's had the big contract and didn't play up to it. He played on a SB contender, surrounded by superstars and didn't show up. He may get paid but he'll continue to take plays off and continue to decline.

Again good luck to whomever picks him up.

We shall see. Vet minimum? Every NFL team would disagree so you must just not like the guy, don't blame you he is a douche, still an above average player in the league. #20 DI last year. That is starter worthy and the Bucs thought so. They basically dropped Mccoy for a little better player and saved $3M and more.

Suh just got a 1 year $10M from the Bucs. Pretty much what I expected. I assume Mccoy will get around the same

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. Vet minimum? Every NFL team would disagree so you must just not like the guy, don't blame you he is a douche, still an above average player in the league. #20 DI last year. That is starter worthy and the Bucs thought so. They basically dropped Mccoy for a little better player and saved $3M and more.

Suh just got a 1 year $10M from the Bucs. Pretty much what I expected. I assume Mccoy will get around the same
You're correct I don't like him.
This goes right along what I was saying about him. Note they don't even mention the SB where he wasn't a factor.

Do you have a link breaking down the $10M? I haven't found it. I wonder how much is incentive based that he'll never see.

As I've said all along good luck to the team that would sign him. As soon as TB isn't contending for a playoff spot, niether will Suh.

Source: Bucs finalizing one-year deal with Suh

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt I do not like him.

Agree someone will pick him up. At what cost is the only question. He's still an asset, he's just not close to being a dominant full-time player any longer.

Most 34 defenses don't have that much talent around them. He should've had better numbers.

Not at the NT. If you're worth your salt you're getting doubled probably 50-60% of the time so your job more or less becomes just that...handling the double to free up one of the LBs or a stunting DE.

Ex. Casey Hampton, easily the best NT in Steeler history.

His best yr imo...'09...2.5 sacks, 43 tackles, 23 solo, 7 TFL, 5 QB hits.

Not all that impressive...the point is you don't see all of the grunt work a 34 NT does. That other talent around you should be making the plays.

Now...I'm not a fan of Suh either, I think he was a cheap, dirty player...I'm fine with a mean streak, but he went over line a lot in his career imo. But I'm willing to give credit where due. He can help a 43 team as a starting DT, but I wouldn't expect great stats even in that role so I agree he's not dominant anymore...I still think he commands $6 to $8 mil if he's looked at as a starter.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He supposedly wants 10M and to play for a winner . I know he's got connections in ATL and his old HC is our OC now but I think we cap out at 6 8 M unless we get JJ or Grady restructured

He won't get $10M from Bill Belichick. Vet min. is what BB will offer and that's it.

There are better options still available like Suh who hasn't been able to get an eight figure offer from anyone. McCoy might think about a little less.......TB did offer him half of his salary.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are better options still available like Suh who hasn't been able to get an eight figure offer from anyone. McCoy might think about a little less.......TB did offer him half of his salary.

As soon as I type that, McCoy's salary is transferred to Suh........I'm getting old and slow.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at the NT. If you're worth your salt you're getting doubled probably 50-60% of the time so your job more or less becomes just that...handling the double to free up one of the LBs or a stunting DE.

Ex. Casey Hampton, easily the best NT in Steeler history.

His best yr imo...'09...2.5 sacks, 43 tackles, 23 solo, 7 TFL, 5 QB hits.

Not all that impressive...the point is you don't see all of the grunt work a 34 NT does. That other talent around you should be making the plays.

Now...I'm not a fan of Suh either, I think he was a cheap, dirty player...I'm fine with a mean streak, but he went over line a lot in his career imo. But I'm willing to give credit where due. He can help a 43 team as a starting DT, but I wouldn't expect great stats even in that role so I agree he's not dominant anymore...I still think he commands $6 to $8 mil if he's looked at as a starter.

Oh I love watching the grunt work being done by a true NT. Wilfork still one of my favorite players.

Suh was doubled much less in that Ram D than anywhere else. He may have been their 4th or 5th best defensive player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Buccaneers DI Ndamukong Suh has put forth four consecutive seasons of 80.0+ grades including the second-highest grade of his career last season with the Rams.