• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If? 4/12

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duffman beat me to my first planned trade down, which is great - there will be more. Today’s is a trade down to 19 with the Bears and receiving their 2nd rounder, 4th rounder and a little something in 2022.

19, Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan
40. Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
52. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the decisions the Broncos have already made this league season - I'm a trade down guy. I like this draft. Get the team depth up - stock pile some picks for next year - and if you have to make a play for a QB next year - after everyone else is still working through their new QBs from this year. Go contrary - in other words.

Kwity Paye - makes me sound like I have a speech impediment, but I think he has great promise as an edge player.

Nick Bolton - fills in behind two expiring contracts at the off ball LB - and has good mobility.

I don't know much about the CB

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty indifferent on Paye. I love his explosive nature but I think strength will be a big issue for him. I would be a little disappointed because picking nine with as much talent as there is in the top 15 I wouldn’t really wanna settle on this. I’m non the Paye wagon like many others. I am concerned he could be another Shane Ray. I like Ojulari better personally. In this years draft I am not a big fan of moving this far down as I think you really need to be in that top 12, no later then 15. But I will say it depends on the trade obviously. This makes me nervous that we don’t re-sign Miller next year or Chubb the year after. Can never have enough good pass rushers though.

I like Bolton. I don’t LOVE Bolton. I think he lacks some of the very important physical traits of being an outstanding inside linebacker. But something he doesn’t lack is passion and fire and I really really like that in an inside linebacker. Reminds me of Al Wilson in heart and fire! Would be a team leader.

I like Eric Stokes but he reminds me of an Ojemudia clone. Good length, speed and athletic ability. His best football is ahead. Still raw, needs some work in coverage but has all the upside in the world. I just feel like we already drafted this guy last year.

c+ for me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with DC on this one. I could live with this draft but would feel a bit of a let down unless that little extra in 2022 is a 1st round pick. I don't see the Bears making the playoffs next year so that could turn into a pretty darn good pick.

The players though just don't move the needle a whole lot for me. Feels like a bunch of doubles rather than any big homerun.