• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if 4/11/22

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 2- Drake Jackson, EDGE, USC
Round 3- Damone Clark, LB, LSU
Round 3- Zach Tom, OT, Wake Forest

I would probably be throwing the TV out the window. Not big on Drake Jackson at all. I think he will end up being a very average NFL player. Clark isn't better then what we have now. If we are going LB I would rather wait unless the value is insane.

I do REALLY like Zach Tom as a potential late Round 3 pick. He has very good versatility and can play all 5 OL positions. Would like him to end up the starter at RT in a year but at least you know you are getting quality here at the worst. Really like him though. This probably saved me from throwing my kitchen sink out the window.

• Poop
Reactions: LGM

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 2- Drake Jackson, EDGE, USC
Round 3- Damone Clark, LB, LSU
Round 3- Zach Tom, OT, Wake Forest

I would probably be throwing the TV out the window. Not big on Drake Jackson at all. I think he will end up being a very average NFL player. Clark isn't better then what we have now. If we are going LB I would rather wait unless the value is insane.

I do REALLY like Zach Tom as a potential late Round 3 pick. He has very good versatility and can play all 5 OL positions. Would like him to end up the starter at RT in a year but at least you know you are getting quality here at the worst. Really like him though. This probably saved me from throwing my kitchen sink out the window.
I'm pretty luke warm on this group. I don't know much about Tom.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark is underrated, and has been strangely forgotten in a really strong LB class. Was a Butkus finalist, led the SEC in tackles and gad 6 sacks as an ILB.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernhard Raimann
OT Central Michigan

Rachaad White
RB Arizona State

Isaiah Thomas
EDGE Oklahoma

Jelani Woods
TE Virginia

Alontae Taylor
CB Tennessee

Matt Araiza
P San Diego State

Bo Melton
WR Rutgers

Jeremiah Gemmel
LB North Carolina

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark is underrated, and has been strangely forgotten in a really strong LB class. Was a Butkus finalist, led the SEC in tackles and gad 6 sacks as an ILB.

I think the biggest concern with Clark would be the fact that he will miss 2022 with spinal fushion surgery. While not career ending anything you are talking spinal fushion there is always going to be a big concern about how much something like that could linger his career going forward. He is a great athlete, no doubt about that. I don't know that his football IQ is the best. If you need him to get to the ball he can do that. He is not good about getting off blocks. But he can blow a play up with explosion/athletic ability. Also, a good blitzer. Not an overall great LB to me but he does have good tools. I feel like he is very iffy in run support as he doesn't use his explosion to the best of his ability when stoppin the run. Watching LSU defense the last three years not much has been impressive but at times Clark has been impressive. Just way too inconsistent for me to get excited about. The athletic ability and tools are there to work with. He is a great blitzer. Just not impressed with his play recognition and knowing where to go and where to be. He moves well when he moves quickly but there is something about him where he doesn't use his tools well all the time. Sometimes he is too passive. Not sure if he doesn't want to over pursue or what but if he could become a little more aggressive without making mistakes he could be a really good LB. Just haven't seen him put it all together yet. Not a LB that I would refer to as a "DOG"

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest concern with Clark would be the fact that he will miss 2022 with spinal fushion surgery. While not career ending anything you are talking spinal fushion there is always going to be a big concern about how much something like that could linger his career going forward. He is a great athlete, no doubt about that. I don't know that his football IQ is the best. If you need him to get to the ball he can do that. He is not good about getting off blocks. But he can blow a play up with explosion/athletic ability. Also, a good blitzer. Not an overall great LB to me but he does have good tools. I feel like he is very iffy in run support as he doesn't use his explosion to the best of his ability when stoppin the run. Watching LSU defense the last three years not much has been impressive but at times Clark has been impressive. Just way too inconsistent for me to get excited about. The athletic ability and tools are there to work with. He is a great blitzer. Just not impressed with his play recognition and knowing where to go and where to be. He moves well when he moves quickly but there is something about him where he doesn't use his tools well all the time. Sometimes he is too passive. Not sure if he doesn't want to over pursue or what but if he could become a little more aggressive without making mistakes he could be a really good LB. Just haven't seen him put it all together yet. Not a LB that I would refer to as a "DOG"
I didn't know about the spinal fusion, that's too bad. While it's not an athletic death sentence or anything, it's still a risk.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know about the spinal fusion, that's too bad. While it's not an athletic death sentence or anything, it's still a risk.

Yeah the good thing is he is expected to make a full recovery and we have seen other players go through this. Clemson WR Justyn Ross came back from it this year... Kelley Washington... Seems like short term after a year off players bonce back from it but often seems like their career isn't as long because of it.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom was a good egg. However, these eggs are rotten.