• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Games Have the Best Replay Value for You?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really mean sports games, as you can always choose a different team or play adifferent mode... More RPGs I guess?

For me, I have three standouts (From a gamer who lacks time, mind you)

1. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

-Original PC version. Just love going through this campaign. Probably played through it three ir four times, and even have a computer with Win XP that only exists to run this game.

2. Mass Effect 1

-When I have a LONG pause in gaming, I like to start at the beginning. LOVE this game! The music, characters and story are just awesome.... I am actually in ME2 right now running a male and female Shep almost simultaneously. Have played through ME2 twice as well... Want to get to 3 one more time.... Only did it once all the way through.

3. Witcher 3

- Right now, best game EVER for me. Played through twice and am sure I have another in me... Last go round I added in the expansions.... Wish they hadn't painted themselves into a corner wher a Witcher 4 would be like an ME Andromeda (ie... A reboot).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to come back to this one at some point but I do have one game that jumps out.

Capcom vs Snk 2.

It's basically the perfect 2d fighting game as long as you don't care graphics. One of the best rosters, 6 different ways to play each character, different ways to order your team, and ways to boost some characters over others. Parrying, custom combos, rolls, super charging. Custom grooves to even change the game to allow normal or special canceling.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Elder Scrolls Online, I quit playing for 3-6 months then come back and binge out for another 3-6 months at a time when i play games.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my kids find a project for me on Minecraft and i pimp it out with command blocks and super "difficult" builds i can get into Minecraft for a bit til i finish whatever im doing for them then get bored with it. once a year maybe?

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minecraft - As mentioned above it is an awesome virtual sandbox with graphics that are throwback to those games I played in the 80s.

Sins of a Solar Empire - A very good 4X game.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Skyrim
    • Out 11/11/11 and have played it regularly ever since. Favorite game of all time. Played it last night for about 1.5 hours to settle my nerves after having to tear into both of my teens simultaneously about as harsh as I ever have had to.
  • GTA Online
    • I play cooperatively with my wife, brothers and friends regularly.
  • Super Mario
    • I still like going back to SM 1, 2 & 3 on the NES every once in a while.
    • SM World - my favorite; will play anytime anywhere and won't stop until I collect all 96 stars.
    • SM 64 - never gets old.
    • SM 3D World - my daughter and I still cooperatively play regularly

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much only do multiplayer games now. Overwatch is my most played at the moment.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League of Legends - been playing since 2011 on and off. It's such a deep game due to strategies, practice, a constantly evolving meta. I've taken a year long break twice and come back to it. The new ranked season starts in January I think. It being free is also nice.

Rocket League - I like this for the opposite reasons of League. The matches are 5ish minutes, making a great game to pick up every now and then for a half hour. This is hands down my favorite game to drink with.

Age of Empire II & III - the goat strategy games for me. My first vidya I owned on a shitty Windows 2000 pc back in the dial up days.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my other two picks are Witcher 3 and Destiny 2.

You can sub out any mmo (Elder Scrolls probably would be my other choice) but Destiny hooked me early on and Forsaken is built around replay value.

Witcher 3 is probably close to 100 hour game just based on story content. You can also do some crazy builds with mutations. Play it through a second time on death march and get a slightly different ending. Get you gwent deck going.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can sub out any mmo (Elder Scrolls probably would be my other choice) but Destiny hooked me early on and Forsaken is built around replay value.

Console or PC? On PC here.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Console or PC? On PC here.
First one, then the other.

I was a console player for a long time. Almost 1000 hours on Destiny 1, maybe 100-200 hours on Destiny 2. They gave it away on PC for free awhile back and I picked it up and at some point I might get back into it when I get a new graphics card. Its obviously better on PC because of how FPS works on PC (and auto aim in Destiny console feels counter-intuitive) and Destiny benefits tremendously from a frame rate improvement.

I'm also not currently playing Destiny because there are so many other games out there. But inevitably when the summer games drought hits like clockwork I'll be back on Destiny.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also not currently playing Destiny because there are so many other games out there. But inevitably when the summer games drought hits like clockwork I'll be back on Destiny

Destiny 2 is in a decent place right now. Forsaken was probably the best expac. The Black Forge has some sweet gear but, unlocking the forges can be a bit tedious. My favorite addition though is the Gambit. It is kind of a Crucible meets Strikes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played through Morrowwind twice and even went back a third time just to fuck around.

I finished FO3 once, went back to play again and almost finished it that time as well.

I finished GTA3 a couple times. I tried playing San Andreas, but it gave me headaches. Something in the graphics didn’t agree with me. I heard other people with the same argument, so there was definitely something wonky there.

I tried playing FO4 a second time, but I lose interest pretty quick. It is too linear.

I am still playing RDR2 for the first time (deep into chapter 3), but I can already tell it has pretty major replay value. There are some pretty funny let’s plays for it out there. I may try some totally evil playthroughs just to test it out.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really mean sports games, as you can always choose a different team or play adifferent mode... More RPGs I guess?

For me, I have three standouts (From a gamer who lacks time, mind you)

1. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

-Original PC version. Just love going through this campaign. Probably played through it three ir four times, and even have a computer with Win XP that only exists to run this game.

2. Mass Effect 1

-When I have a LONG pause in gaming, I like to start at the beginning. LOVE this game! The music, characters and story are just awesome.... I am actually in ME2 right now running a male and female Shep almost simultaneously. Have played through ME2 twice as well... Want to get to 3 one more time.... Only did it once all the way through.

3. Witcher 3

- Right now, best game EVER for me. Played through twice and am sure I have another in me... Last go round I added in the expansions.... Wish they hadn't painted themselves into a corner wher a Witcher 4 would be like an ME Andromeda (ie... A reboot).

I'm actually playing the Witcher 3 as we speak. Probably my 5th play through and it's one of those games that when it ends, feels like you lost a friend.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually playing the Witcher 3 as we speak. Probably my 5th play through and it's one of those games that when it ends, feels like you lost a friend.

My problem is always that I end up making the same choices (mostly), because I choose like I personally would choose...

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is always that I end up making the same choices (mostly), because I choose like I personally would choose...

That's me and I'm falling into the same trap.this go around. Still a bit soft at lvl 12 but I've hit very place of power so I've got some stupid stuff going on along with the complete school of the Griffin gear going.

I'm excited because this will be my first play through with all the DLC.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strategy games like Civ 1-6 are great for replay. Since they randomize the maps and which one of the computer opponents you play each game you play if very different.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strategy games like Civ 1-6 are great for replay. Since they randomize the maps and which one of the computer opponents you play each game you play if very different.
Civ 1 and civ 2 were the best of the series, imho. Simpler is often better.

And in civ 1 there was an exploit that allowed unlimited movement as long as there was at least a road,

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Civ 1 and civ 2 were the best of the series, imho. Simpler is often better.

And in civ 1 there was an exploit that allowed unlimited movement as long as there was at least a road,

Civ 1 was great, of course, and was more unfiltered. The Russians were represented by Stalin, the Chinese Mao, They won't do that today.

There was also an exploit in the CIV1 windows version (as opposed to the original MS-DOS version) where you could get multiple attacks if you reloaded. ;)

There was a game guide on Civ1 called "Civilization or Rome on 640K a day" Very funny.

I don't know. Each game is different. For example, when they put in resources in Civ3? Civ4? it changed the game forever and in many ways made it better.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Civ 1 was great, of course, and was more unfiltered. The Russians were represented by Stalin, the Chinese Mao, They won't do that today.

There was also an exploit in the CIV1 windows version (as opposed to the original MS-DOS version) where you could get multiple attacks if you reloaded. ;)

There was a game guide on Civ1 called "Civilization or Rome on 640K a day" Very funny.

I don't know. Each game is different. For example, when they put in resources in Civ3? Civ4? it changed the game forever and in many ways made it better.
The major rebuild for Civ V (??) ruined the franchise for me. I understand you gotta keep the game fresh or the new versions don’t mean anything, but when the game becomes so alien to its predecessors, why keep the name on it?