• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you think of your teams draft?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought the Wiz were going to pick Lonnie Walker. I stepped outside for a minute than caught up with the picks and saw that Lonnie fell all the way to the Spurs. My initial reaction was "of course".

Would have been good with Smith or Walker.

Hell, I would have even been okay with Grayson Allen because we need bench scoring.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers draft pick comes from a strong family -- Terry Pluto

I have no clue if the Cavs will keep Sexton or not but the more and more I hear about the kid the more I like him.

A smart kid from a good family goes a long way in the NBA. He is a hard worker, and has the elite prospect pedigree.

There is not much more you can ask for. Honestly he really reminds me of a Kemba/WAll cross....hes a little bigger than Kemba, but not quite as big as Wall. He pushes the ball, gets his teammates involved. His shot isnt great yet, but its certainly not broken.

Your point guard needs to be a leader and set an example and i think this kid does exactly that- plus he is super talented.

Unless something crazy happened and someone dropped- he is who I wanted all along--- right after we saw the Cavs would not jump up in the lotto.

I watched him play a few times last season and thought he was a good player worth taking a shot on.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers draft pick comes from a strong family -- Terry Pluto

I have no clue if the Cavs will keep Sexton or not but the more and more I hear about the kid the more I like him.

A smart kid from a good family goes a long way in the NBA. He is a hard worker, and has the elite prospect pedigree.

There is not much more you can ask for. Honestly he really reminds me of a Kemba/WAll cross....hes a little bigger than Kemba, but not quite as big as Wall. He pushes the ball, gets his teammates involved. His shot isnt great yet, but its certainly not broken.

Your point guard needs to be a leader and set an example and i think this kid does exactly that- plus he is super talented.

Unless something crazy happened and someone dropped- he is who I wanted all along--- right after we saw the Cavs would not jump up in the lotto.
Dude has a 4.0 gpa and continued to attend classes the entire year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton is helluva guard. Can’t believe the Bulls went big.
there are a few things i like to see out of a prospect

A- that he has a pedigree as an elite prospect--- a guy that comes out of nowhere scares me - Sexton has that pedigree

B. Obviously all kinds of natural talent- he has that

C. He is smart and has a good family- that means a lot in the NBA- a lot of guys arent succesful becauuse they are either assholes, idiots, focused on the wrong things etc.... he has a lot going for him this way

D. He is a leader- he said he went to Alabama to start something- a point guard needs to have confidence, but also be a leader and i think hes that type of guy.

I obviously would have preferred Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, Jackson and probably Bagley (though there are things that worry me about him)--- but after that i think this kid was a great pick.

Now- who knows what the chances are he actually stays here.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love boston’s first round pick.

I wish Danny bought a pick for Melton.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are a few things i like to see out of a prospect

A- that he has a pedigree as an elite prospect--- a guy that comes out of nowhere scares me - Sexton has that pedigree

B. Obviously all kinds of natural talent- he has that

C. He is smart and has a good family- that means a lot in the NBA- a lot of guys arent succesful becauuse they are either assholes, idiots, focused on the wrong things etc.... he has a lot going for him this way

D. He is a leader- he said he went to Alabama to start something- a point guard needs to have confidence, but also be a leader and i think hes that type of guy.

I obviously would have preferred Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, Jackson and probably Bagley (though there are things that worry me about him)--- but after that i think this kid was a great pick.

Now- who knows what the chances are he actually stays here.

Dude loves to go to the rack hard and does it often. He’s raw and loaded with talent.

Plus Avery Johnson coached him so he’s gonna have toughness and humility as well. He’s gonna be a player

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty disappointed when the Sixers trade Bridge for Smith. But reading up on Smith and I realize that he might be a great fit for the Sixers. Incredible athleticism and could be a elite defender. A smallish wing that wound up playing the 4 for Texas Tech. So getting Smith and an unprotected pick is a huge win.

Shamet doesn't make much sense to me but we'll see.

Shake Milton seems like a nice pick at that point in the draft but late 2nd almost never turn into much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude loves to go to the rack hard and does it often. He’s raw and loaded with talent.

Plus Avery Johnson coached him so he’s gonna have toughness and humility as well. He’s gonna be a player

The Bulls pick, Carter, I don’t think it was a need for the Bulls as much as a guard but I think we have only seen the surface of Carter. He can a little of everything, maybe not a super high ceiling but you never know. Thought they could have traded down and got one of those guards

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along that the #23 pick would get us a good backup point guard, and we got the very best one available in Holiday. Maybe he'll equate to more than that, and maybe he won't, but I'm still quite pleased with the pick nonetheless, especially given all the connections Holiday already had within our organization. Good for team continuity and our strong player chemistry.

As for Denver, I'm good with the Porter gamble, but still would have liked to find a taker for Faried. Hopefully Connelly has the balls to buy him out at this point...Because frankly we're short on roster spots.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonnie Walker believes the Earth is an illusion.

Not that it's flat...but an illusion.

Why do we draft the fucking weird ones?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose the thought is less absurd than the Earth being flat.
Nah... you don't get it, mang... everything is a hologram based off a 2D surface... read that link:

"Imagine that everything you see, feel and hear in three dimensions (and your perception of time) in fact emanates from a flat two-dimensional field," said Kostas Skenderis, a professor of mathematical sciences at the University of Southampton. "The idea is similar to that of ordinary holograms where a three-dimensional image is encoded in a two-dimensional surface, such as in the hologram on a credit card.

"However, this time, the entire universe is encoded."

giphy.gif

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie and Lonnie Walker are intellectual titans on the cutting edge of astrophysical thought... and y'all are mere peons, hopelessly unable to keep up.

"Hold my nutz." -- Kyrie Irving

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all intents, Portland opted out of the draft. After the playoff debacle, the owner demanded we trade our pick and get a couple of tough minded vets. We tried to make a trade, but were unable to. So we took a player that will never play for us- or at least any minutes aside from being a VC.

So I guess I have to say I am please as we haven't added yet another young player with "potential".

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all intents, Portland opted out of the draft. After the playoff debacle, the owner demanded we trade our pick and get a couple of tough minded vets. We tried to make a trade, but were unable to. So we took a player that will never play for us- or at least any minutes aside from being a VC.

So I guess I have to say I am please as we haven't added yet another young player with "potential".

Looking at your pic reminds me of the drive I took from Seattle to Dallas via Highway 1. I miss Seattle right now and need to get the fuck out of Dallas.

That has nothing to do with what you just wrote, but I just needed to think out loud.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at your pic reminds me of the drive I took from Seattle to Dallas via Highway 1. I miss Seattle right now and need to get the fuck out of Dallas.

That has nothing to do with what you just wrote, but I just needed to think out loud.

Didn't you just GET to Dallas...?:lol: