• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do Mack, Fuller, Jackson, & Cohen have in common?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all respectively leading their positions in the current Pro Bowl voting. Cohen's lead is for kick returner.

Four Chicago Bears currently lead positions in Pro Bowl voting

Please allow me to go on record stating I hate the fucking Pro Bowl for two reasons.

1. Fan-based voting. Just like in other major sports, I'm not a fan of fans voting for players to represent in any all star competition. I know, it's the fans who support the game, so why not let them have a say as to who they want to see play, at least as starters. It's actually a fair argument, but often times it's more a popularity contest than it is a reflection of athletes true talent in their respective positions for that given year. I've always been for peer-based voting. Who knows the talents of these players better than their peers?

2. Potential injuries in a meaningless game. Really, there's nothing at stake other than some bragging rights and an excuse for the players to have a huge party that weekend. But no sport incurs more injuries than football. And to risk some careers over such a stupid game boggles the mind. I quit watching this claptrap years ago and am dreading over possible injuries to any Bear who end up making the squad and participating in the game.

Oh, and if Akiem Hicks is not named to the PB, I personally intend to start a revolution, calling for the overthrow of the U.S. Government.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all respectively leading their positions in the current Pro Bowl voting. Cohen's lead is for kick returner.

Four Chicago Bears currently lead positions in Pro Bowl voting

Please allow me to go on record stating I hate the fucking Pro Bowl for two reasons.

1. Fan-based voting. Just like in other major sports, I'm not a fan of fans voting for players to represent in any all star competition. I know, it's the fans who support the game, so why not let them have a say as to who they want to see play, at least as starters. It's actually a fair argument, but often times it's more a popularity contest than it is a reflection of athletes true talent in their respective positions for that given year. I've always been for peer-based voting. Who knows the talents of these players better than their peers?

2. Potential injuries in a meaningless game. Really, there's nothing at stake other than some bragging rights and an excuse for the players to have a huge party that weekend. But no sport incurs more injuries than football. And to risk some careers over such a stupid game boggles the mind. I quit watching this claptrap years ago and am dreading over possible injuries to any Bear who end up making the squad and participating in the game.

Oh, and if Akiem Hicks is not named to the PB, I personally intend to start a revolution, calling for the overthrow of the U.S. Government.

Ima spend an afternoon voting for him over and over again. He is having an All-pro year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ima spend an afternoon voting for him over and over again. He is having an All-pro year.
I'd like to see Goldman get some respect too, but you can only have so many players from one team - not to mention one side of the ball - to make the squad. If we land 5 rom the D side of the ball, I'll be satisfied. Altho there's really no one who stands out on offense (aside from Cohen as the kick returner), I'd like to see Whitehair receive some consideration. He has been our most consistent member of the OL all season. Whatever snapping issues he's had in the past have all but vanished, and he's one of the more mobile centers in the game today.

And speaking of the OL, don't be surprised if by the time the regular season comes to an end, that there will be a number of NFL watchers who believe James Daniels is the 2nd best rookie lineman from this year's draft (with Quenton Nelson being #1 by a landslide). Unfortunately for James, he started way too slowly, or perhaps the coaches simply felt they wanted to take their time fully integrating him into the scheme, for him to receive any formal accolades. But this kid is coming on strong and is being noticed by a lot of folks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Hicks is not going to make it.... in itself, that has me saying "fuck the pro bowl".

I mean, Jesus Christ. This guy is one of the best defensive players in the entire league right now.