• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your Expectations for Joe Burrow in the NFL his Rookie Year?

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A clipboard.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna miss Andy Dalton. Steelers fans loved that guy because he fooled that franchise for 8+ years into believing that he was anything more than just an average QB. He was just good enough to keep them believing that they were tied to him and that they just needed to keep putting more playmakers around him. That team was riddled with talent over the last decade, and Andy pissed away a LOT of opportunities to establish himself as a good QB. When the lights were on he almost always failed to show up.

Bengals fans should have a lot more faith in Joe Burrow to buck that trend. Kid looks like a baller.

Me as well.

On Burrow...we'll have to see, but 1st yr...pure guess...3500/18/12

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, we'll have to wait and see. imo projecting Mahomes like (stats or even arm talent) is something I'm not prepared to do based on seeing him play a handful of games at the college level.

Arm strength is clearly not equal between the two. I guess my intent was impact on the team, more than individual talent levels.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A clipboard.

That's unlikely IMO. He's a 5th year senior and likely #1 overall pick. Barring injury or horrible preseason showing, he'll be starting soon if not immediately. Whether or not that's smart is another discussion altogether, as I feel ALL QBs benefit from sitting and watching for a while until they have the offense more or less down.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's unlikely IMO. He's a 5th year senior and likely #1 overall pick. Barring injury or horrible preseason showing, he'll be starting soon if not immediately. Whether or not that's smart is another discussion altogether, as I feel ALL QBs benefit from sitting and watching for a while until they have the offense more or less down.

he isn't no where that good to have an expectation of taking a job from anyone. he's average and his preseason ... as one would expect of a rookie ... will be average.

LSU was just that good.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Dalton comparisons at all.

He looks to me like a similar prospect to Daniel Jones and I expect him to have a similar rookie season on a losing Bengals squad.

Minus setting the all time td record and winning a natty

I think Daniel Jones went .500

Other than that totally the same

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arm strength is clearly not equal between the two. I guess my intent was impact on the team, more than individual talent levels.

Gotcha...he's good, we've all seen that, 60 TDs is ballin.

Now, it's time to take it to the next level and do it again. Mahomes just had such a huge impact when he took over full-time and backed it up this yr after everyone has seen his tape last year. I'm a little cautious about projecting that kind of impact on Burrow, but I expect him to do well...unfortunate for the rest of the DIV.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they plan on doing with the ging this year. Last year of contract and he is owed $17.7M? I'm guessing they start Dalton and let Burrow learn from him. If Dalton starts playing bad, Joey to the rescue before year 2

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they plan on doing with the ging this year. Last year of contract and he is owed $17.7M? I'm guessing they start Dalton and let Burrow learn from him. If Dalton starts playing bad, Joey to the rescue before year 2

They will try to trade Dalton for a 4th to 6th round pick, then if that is not going to work, I guess they release him to find a starting job somewhere else. No way Burrow doesn't start day one.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him with a career like Alex Smith. All-World coming out of college but going to a messed up organization. Doesn't bloom until 4-5th year

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him with a career like Alex Smith. All-World coming out of college but going to a messed up organization. Doesn't bloom until 4-5th year

I remember those Packers being pretty shitty before Farve showed up. So then you stack Rodgers on top of Farve and you are doing well for 20+ years. The worst franchise in the league is only one true Franchise QB and a little luck away from being a contender for years to come.

New England was average to below average before Brady.

How were the 49ers before Montana and Young?

How has Miami been without Marino?

Denver without Elway?

Indianapolis without Manning?

New Orleans without Brees?

One franchise QB, and a little luck. That is all that separates the good teams from the poor teams in this league. A true franchise QB can hide a lot of flaws in an offense, and allow scouting and director of personnel to concentrate on defense because the average WR's look great when a franchise QB is throwing to them. The RB has more room to run because guys are not stacking the box daring the weak QB to throw. The offensive line looks better than it is, because the QB can analyze, dissect and execute a minimal risk course of action before a DE can get to him in the backfield. A franchise signal caller covers a lot of weaknesses. Hopefully Joe Burrow is that guy for the Bengals. Mr. Football in high school as the top high school player in the state of Ohio, Heisman trophy winner and NCG MVP. He has excelled at ever level. I think he can excel at the pro level as well, and I think he can be better than the average / good rookie QB because he is older and more mature. Plus, he played in a pro-style offense in college giving him a leg up.

I think he can be pretty damn good, even to those who think he is going to an NFL wasteland. Screw you all. Go Joe Go!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those Packers being pretty shitty before Farve showed up. So then you stack Rodgers on top of Farve and you are doing well for 20+ years. The worst franchise in the league is only one true Franchise QB and a little luck away from being a contender for years to come.

Denver without Elway?

One franchise QB, and a little luck. That is all that separates the good teams from the poor teams in this league. A true franchise QB can hide a lot of flaws in an offense, and allow scouting and director of personnel to concentrate on defense because the average WR's look great when a franchise QB is throwing to them. The RB has more room to run because guys are not stacking the box daring the weak QB to throw. The offensive line looks better than it is, because the QB can analyze, dissect and execute a minimal risk course of action before a DE can get to him in the backfield. A franchise signal caller covers a lot of weaknesses. Hopefully Joe Burrow is that guy for the Bengals. Mr. Football in high school as the top high school player in the state of Ohio, Heisman trophy winner and NCG MVP. He has excelled at ever level. I think he can excel at the pro level as well, and I think he can be better than the average / good rookie QB because he is older and more mature. Plus, he played in a pro-style offense in college giving him a leg up.

I think he can be pretty damn good, even to those who think he is going to an NFL wasteland. Screw you all. Go Joe Go!

Alex Smith has not had a wasteland career, but Burrow is no Favre, Rodgers or Brady. JB may end up good but I just don't see superstar with him. My opinion.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith has not had a wasteland career, but Burrow is no Favre, Rodgers or Brady. JB may end up good but I just don't see superstar with him. My opinion.

That is fine. I am not saying you can't have your opinion, but Farve wasn't Farve until he became Farve either. He was drafted by the Falcons in 2nd round, traded to the Packers for what? Then you have Aaron Rodgers that fell into the 20's before GB snatched him up, after seeing Alex Smith go #1 to the 49ers.

Brady was who at Michigan? Good enough to be drafted 199th overall. You don't know what you have until you have it. Who would have thought when Brady was drafted he would have 6 SB rings, be the GOAT while sitting behind the #1 overall pick, Drew Bledsoe?

Russell Wilson is not bad as a 3rd round pick.

Then you look at guys taken with 1st overall picks or at least guys taken in the first 15 picks...You have Mahomes in there, Elway, Manning, Rivers, Manning Jr., etc. You have plenty of guys who have failed in the top half of the 1st round, including #1 overall, and you have had plenty fail in the later rounds as QB's. But you have guys that have succeeded all over the draft at QB, including #1, and none of those guys had a season like Burrow just did. I am not saying he is going to be Brady or any of the greats, but I have to think with what he has done, and how he has been underestimated his whole life and keeps proving people wrong that he has a good shot to turn the Bengals around and prove those naysayers wrong yet again. Redemption shoulder chips drive certain people to greatness, and I think Burrow will be one of those guys.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine. I am not saying you can't have your opinion, but Farve wasn't Farve until he became Farve either. He was drafted by the Falcons in 2nd round, traded to the Packers for what? Then you have Aaron Rodgers that fell into the 20's before GB snatched him up, after seeing Alex Smith go #1 to the 49ers.

Brady was who at Michigan? Good enough to be drafted 199th overall. You don't know what you have until you have it. Who would have thought when Brady was drafted he would have 6 SB rings, be the GOAT while sitting behind the #1 overall pick, Drew Bledsoe?

Russell Wilson is not bad as a 3rd round pick.

Then you look at guys taken with 1st overall picks or at least guys taken in the first 15 picks...You have Mahomes in there, Elway, Manning, Rivers, Manning Jr., etc. You have plenty of guys who have failed in the top half of the 1st round, including #1 overall, and you have had plenty fail in the later rounds as QB's. But you have guys that have succeeded all over the draft at QB, including #1, and none of those guys had a season like Burrow just did. I am not saying he is going to be Brady or any of the greats, but I have to think with what he has done, and how he has been underestimated his whole life and keeps proving people wrong that he has a good shot to turn the Bengals around and prove those naysayers wrong yet again. Redemption shoulder chips drive certain people to greatness, and I think Burrow will be one of those guys.

That's why we call people fans. Optimism. I hope it works out for you. To tell you the truth I would never make a #1 pick. Too valuable in added picks to improve your team. I'd trade that sucker in a heartbeat

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really just never know how good a guy with be coming out of college, maybe a little better now since you are somewhat seeing NFL offenses replicating college offenses. If they can fit what LSU was doing...he definitely has a lot of potential but there aren't too many sure guys you KNOW will be good. Like Andrew Luck and even then he had some injury issues and of course retired early. Burrow has everything you want in a QB and still no sure thing imo. But imo if he goes to the right system and that team does everything in their power to protect him then yeah I think he can be really good. Cincy has very nice weapons for him just need to work on that OL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isn't no where that good to have an expectation of taking a job from anyone. he's average and his preseason ... as one would expect of a rookie ... will be average.

LSU was just that good.

Who is he taking a job from in Cinci?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but Boyd by himself is probably better than most any of Smith's WR's in SF except maybe Crabtree, and I don't really even believe that. Probably blanking on someone.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why we call people fans. Optimism. I hope it works out for you. To tell you the truth I would never make a #1 pick. Too valuable in added picks to improve your team. I'd trade that sucker in a heartbeat
Nobody is going to offer you what it's worth though. Everyone says "trade out of it and get picks", but you need a partner to trade with.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver without Elway?

I don't really have any faith that we can become a good franchise until :rip: