• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your biggest announcer pet peeves?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far and away for me is when these morons always go on tangents about fouling when ahead and stopping the clock.

Don't get me wrong, fouling a jump shooter(especially for 3) or hand checking a guy dribbling on the perimeter is stupid as fuck.

But these jackasses go on rants when a dude driving the lane or a big down low is hacked and sent to the line.

There is never a fucking situation where saving 1 goddamn second(yes thats literally what it would be for the ball to go in) is better than making a big man shoot two free throws. Layup=free points. You seen college kids shoot free throws?

Pisses me off.

What do you guys got?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest announcer pet peeve is those that commentate NFL games. "Here's Adrian Peterson, the former Minnesota Viking". First, no shit. Second, how is it relevant to this game, who he played for formerly. And lastly, he's played for 2 other teams before getting to the Redskins, why don't the Saints and Cards get a mention?

This can be applied to all players. Al Michaels is especially bad about it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest announcer pet peeve is those that commentate NFL games. "Here's Adrian Peterson, the former Minnesota Viking". First, no shit. Second, how is it relevant to this game, who he played for formerly. And lastly, he's played for 2 other teams before getting to the Redskins, why don't the Saints and Cards get a mention?

This can be applied to all players. Al Michaels is especially bad about it.

Yeah thats bad. Another of mine that appears to be at its worst in football, is when announcers find something early to talk about. Then continually bring it up for the rest of the game.

They just leech to one subject

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dick Vitale uses his college basketball announcing gig as a platform to mouth off his opinions about other sports

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phrase “score the basketball”

What else are you going to score? You don’t get points for shooting your shoe through the hoop.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, me being a Steeler fan, this peeve applies specifically to when my team is playing, but it's the most copped-out, lazy-ass color commentary when, in this present day and age, the announcing team will start running off at the mouth about "remember that Steel Curtain defense? hoo boy, that was some defense, I tell ya!"..it's like, yeah, no shit, we all know about how good Pittsburgh was, back in the 1970's, it's well-established, let's please move on from that talking point, please... and then they'll ramble on about how the Steelers' identity is that they're a "smashmouth football team"...uh, excuse me?? No they aren't! They haven't been THAT, for well over a decade now, since Jerome Bettis was in his prime and football was basically a different sport than it is right now. Gimme a fucking break with that shit, seriously! And it's multiple broadcast teams that pull that nonsense, it's lazy as fuck and shows that they've not given a smidge of effort in properly characterizing what the current iteration of this team, actually is!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and when they say "Steeler nation sure does travel well, i tell ya! look at all the fans in this stadium!", during a Steeler road game. No, you fucking morons, it's just that a shit ton of people from Western PA left for better opportunities across the country 40-50+ years ago when the Steel mills bit the dust.. do you really fucking think that 30,000+ Steeler fans traveled to goddamn Los Angeles to watch the Steelers play the Rams in a week 3 four o'clock matchup??

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, me being a Steeler fan, this peeve applies specifically to when my team is playing, but it's the most copped-out, lazy-ass color commentary when, in this present day and age, the announcing team will start running off at the mouth about "remember that Steel Curtain defense? hoo boy, that was some defense, I tell ya!"..it's like, yeah, no shit, we all know about how good Pittsburgh was, back in the 1970's, it's well-established, let's please move on from that talking point, please... and then they'll ramble on about how the Steelers' identity is that they're a "smashmouth football team"...uh, excuse me?? No they aren't! They haven't been THAT, for well over a decade now, since Jerome Bettis was in his prime and football was basically a different sport than it is right now. Gimme a fucking break with that shit, seriously! And it's multiple broadcast teams that pull that nonsense, it's lazy as fuck and shows that they've not given a smidge of effort in properly characterizing what the current iteration of this team, actually is!

oh this reminds me

my old pet peeve about watching Deacs basketball is they would never shut about Duncan, CP3, Teague, Mugsy, RoRo, etc. Cool story guys but Duncan being a beast isn't going to help Aaron Rountree be anything more than a Southern conference player in ACC clothing

now they won't shut up about Danny Manning being a former #1 overall pick. It's becoming increasingly annoying over the past three years, where it has become apparent that DM can't coach his way out of a paper bag

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they make it a contest trying to decide the outcome of a challenge or anytime the refs are looking at a play in the NFL. Announcers will frantically argue and repeat their guess over and over in the 1-2 minutes it takes. Then when one of them is wrong he says "Oh I don't know about that call!" Like just STFU and call the game it's not up to you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rookie mistake"

Like the guy will never draw a holding call, false start or whatever, starting in his second professional season. He's been playing 15 years already, he just fucked up. It happens.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far and away for me is when these morons always go on tangents about fouling when ahead and stopping the clock.

Don't get me wrong, fouling a jump shooter(especially for 3) or hand checking a guy dribbling on the perimeter is stupid as fuck.

But these jackasses go on rants when a dude driving the lane or a big down low is hacked and sent to the line.

There is never a fucking situation where saving 1 goddamn second(yes thats literally what it would be for the ball to go in) is better than making a big man shoot two free throws. Layup=free points. You seen college kids shoot free throws?

Pisses me off.

What do you guys got?
I was just talking about this. Like fouling a guy on an open layup when youre up 6 with 23 seconds left is worse than being up 4 with 22.5 left. Lol.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just talking about this. Like fouling a guy on an open layup when youre up 6 with 23 seconds left is worse than being up 4 with 22.5 left. Lol.

Man is it annoying. And it’s not like they just simply mention it. They go on full rants.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something else that annoys me, and this is really only an issue for me with NFL games. at the beginning of the game, when they put up the graphics of the players' faces and announce their positions, and they try an squeeze all 11 starters for each team when they're out on the field, and it ends up bleeding over into actual game play. it doesn't always happen, most times they manage to get all players introduced in between plays, or before a drive starts, but when it happens and plays are happening, it pisses me off lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Joe Buck's voice!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh this reminds me

my old pet peeve about watching Deacs basketball is they would never shut about Duncan, CP3, Teague, Mugsy, RoRo, etc. Cool story guys but Duncan being a beast isn't going to help Aaron Rountree be anything more than a Southern conference player in ACC clothing

now they won't shut up about Danny Manning being a former #1 overall pick. It's becoming increasingly annoying over the past three years, where it has become apparent that DM can't coach his way out of a paper bag

Haha yeah the stupid fun facts are a staple.

If you watched any Marquette game during Howard’s freshman year, you had 35 chances to learn he’s only 17.