• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your 49er traditions/superstitions ?

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really had any myself, but as soon as I found out we were heading to Green Bay to start our playoff run I changed my AVI to the opposing teams QB getting sacked and so far so good, guess Im gonna be doing this from now on.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While growing up in Oklahoma City decades ago I liked John Brodie for some reason I can't remember.

After moving to Boston I hoped the Patriots would somehow land Joe Montana, and was glad he ended up with a team I could root for.

As I've said in other threads I'm hoping for a Patriots-Niners Super Bowl.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Personally, I like to try to kidnap members of the opposing team's families, go get some croissant sandwiches with my football-watching buddies in the morning, drop off some ransom demands & throw the football around a little in the yard before game time. That's about it.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wear mismatched socks, inviting a whole bunch of friends over while I sit in the basement listening to I Don't Wanna Wait eating a quinoa sandwich.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wear any of my 49ers stuff on Game Day until after the game is played. We seem to lose whenever I put on my shirts or jersey in preparation for the game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say that I do... along with wearing jersey to all games...

I like/need to watch the playoff games alone... results?

Alone vs Saints - win
With Brother n "that guy" vs NYG - loss :(

Alone vs GB - win
With Brother vs ATL - scary start but a win
With Brother n "that guy again" vs Ravens - loss :(

Alone vs GB - Win
Alone vs Car - Win
Tomorrow? Alone, won't even with brother.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stand up, change seats or something if they are losing. If all else fails, pray to a diety that I know does not exist.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched the last 3 games at my sisters house. There is a spot where I stood nearly in the hallway (Straight line of vision to the TV) , after making a drink in the kitchen, and good things always happen when standing there...I go stand in the "lucky spot" when we need a big play...I'm weird.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say that I do... along with wearing jersey to all games...

I like/need to watch the playoff games alone... results?

Alone vs Saints - win
With Brother n "that guy" vs NYG - loss :(

Alone vs GB - win
With Brother vs ATL - scary start but a win
With Brother n "that guy again" vs Ravens - loss :(

Alone vs GB - Win
Alone vs Car - Win
Tomorrow? Alone, won't even with brother.

I watch alone too :suds: Used to watch with friends/family every so often, but the team always lost then. I also have to sit on the side of the coach where the team is driving. If I set still when the field position switches between quarters it always seems like we go 3 and out, almost pick, or give up a big play.

It's only weird if it doesn't work.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch alone too :suds: Used to watch with friends/family every so often, but the team always lost then. I also have to sit on the side of the coach where the team is driving. If I set still when the field position switches between quarters it always seems like we go 3 and out, almost pick, or give up a big play.

How our sacrifices go unnotice!

Cheers my fellow faithful!

:suds:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 jerseys. Been rotating them every game and seems to be working. Even have had this under shirt that I have Kept wearing since playoff game 1.

Other than that probably just minor stuff. Watching the game at my house with my friends has been working. And keeping my beard going even longer and not even trimming it right now lol

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never watch with my dad. He'll pause the game, go do something, and come back to watch it delayed. Then, if close, he'll check his phone as if I don't know and from his reaction I know the result. He ruined the surprise of the SB for me and the surprise of the Catch III.

I resolved to watch all games live and did so this year except the KC game. He came in after Smith's fourth touchdown. He wanted to see it and rewound it. Then, you know what happened. It helped us, but I wanted at least one playoff win.

He's not a fan of any team. Only the Utah Utes players and Steve Young, just because he's from Utah (though he hates BYU). That's how I became a real Niner fan. Before Young, SF was my local team sort of and my uncle's team. And then Smith came.

Last edited by a moderator:

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changed from Davis to Willis jersey and the team has been rollin'. Plus, started drinking a new beer for the playoffs.......must be working....right?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never watch with my dad. He'll pause the game, go do something, and come back to watch it delayed. Then, if close, he'll check his phone as if I don't know and from his reaction I know the result. He ruined the surprise of the SB for me and the surprise of the Catch III.

I resolved to watch all games live and did so this year except the KC game. He came in after Smith's fourth touchdown. He wanted to see it and rewound it. Then, you know what happened. It helped us, but I wanted at least one playoff win.

He's not a fan of any team. Only the Utah Utes players and Steve Young, just because he's from Utah (though he hates BYU). That's how I became a real Niner fan. Before Young, SF was my local team sort of and my uncle's team. And then Smith came.

Damn MH you only been a true fan since 05? That sucks now we need to win a Superbowl for you and Gore. :suds:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my ritual is whatever I did for the last win I have to keep doing it and when we lose I stop. So my current ritual is: Can't miss kickoff, no haircuts/shave, no going to church. That last one has my wife angry at me but hey If I go to church and we lose today I won't go to church at all next football season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn MH you only been a true fan since 05? That sucks now we need to win a Superbowl for you and Gore. :suds:

I was talking about Steve a Young (when he started playing more - 1991 when I was 7), not Smith. And I was a fan before that. I'm just talking about being more passionate. I guess I am just a tough grader. I have a pictures wearing Niner shirts when I was 2 years old.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Steve a Young (when he started playing more - 1991 when I was 7), not Smith. And I was a fan before that. I'm just talking about being more passionate. I guess I am just a tough grader. I have a pictures wearing Niner shirts when I was 2 years old.

Oh ok I thought you were saying you were a casual fan with Young but you became a 49er faithful when Smith got here.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok I thought you were saying you were a casual fan with Young but you became a 49er faithful when Smith got here.

Yeah, but I do agree that we need to get Gore a Super Bowl victory. I wanted that to be in 2011. Then Kaepernick could take over whenever. Smith's agent would ask too muh and Harbaugh liked Kaepernick too much to keep him forever on the bench or traded. Not really being serious about a prediction. All I know is that I wanted Smith to have a Super Bowl victory and I like Kaepernick as our QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drink beer. That's about it other than eating wings and pizza. That's worked for me for the last 8 games.